My reaction in 2019 every time I come to SWTOR forums and click pvp section.

Seterade

So.... I used to come here quite a bit. Had some suggestions, had some disagreements. Supported some ideas, disagreed with others.... but these days? Every time I click this forum the front page is clogged with the latest nerf threads, gearing complaints and general change this, change that.

This is a pvp forum. You would get more activity and discussion if you stopped using it as a tear jar, and starting helping each other on strats and arena tactics.. so on and so forth. Accept that pvp in this game is a low focus, that class rebalances happen every 6 months, and for god sakes.. make One topic to complain about a change. Just one. The mods don't need 10 topics of the same complaints.

Lastly, please keep your complaints realistic... ffft "no healers in pvp" bruh..... "guard needs to be reworked", "pvp needs to be balanced around solo ranked". these complaints have existed since the dawn of swtor pvp, if they haven't done it by now they aren't going to.

look, i think posting anything on pvp forums is fine. it is not about what is posted it is about about how players handle the discussions. if everyone jumps on the thread and talks **** then yeah, whatever the thread is about will be a pointless discussion. but if players actually go into the threads on pvp forums and educate players while offering advice; or even starting up their own insightful discussion about the topic, that is worth while regardless of the topic, no?

the problems isn't the suggestions being posted, it is the pvp community who are on forums and how they handle questions and suggestions between each other. that is the issue, nothing else.

PS - on a small side note, dps having the ability to guard players with little to no downside been complained about in the ranked community for a while now. that is a realistic thing that should be talked because of the removal of stance-dancing and it should be openly discussed among players. i don't like how you threw that in there like its some absurd statement.

Edited by kissingaiur

PS - on a small side note, dps having the ability to guard players with little to no downside been complained about in the ranked community for a while now. that is a realistic thing that should be talked because of the removal of stance-dancing and it should be openly discussed among players. i don't like how you threw that in there like its some absurd statement.

well tbh... I don't know how I feel about that anymore. most classes that can offguard get tunneled first anyway, and in dps have trash tunnel dcds.

in theory with coordination they can swap guard on and off each other? but who has that kind of coordination in solos. while it may seem smart to say offguard breaks solos, but lets not get into how backfills prioritise support roles in dps matchs. turning it into tnk/hl 3 dps vs 4 dps.

back in 4.0 and under you lost your class proc and got guard. guard with dps has been a long standing thing and its what has made swtor different from wow. when I say be realistic and try to ask for thing that will change, take a look at what bioware actually did. bioware intentionly removed the diffculty of offguarding in 5.0 despite that people hated offguard before 5.0. you have to work with bioware not against them.

do I think honestly it should be removed? I do, but if I was being honest I despise this game TTK in 2019 and I wish we could all go back to 3.0

PS- my ridicule of it was actually directed at the topic that tried to demand that guard be removed from swtor. and people saying it needs a cd, or needs to infinite range. I said "guard needs to be reworked" was silly, not that the one request of dps guarding needs to be reworked.

Edited by Seterade

in theory with coordination they can swap guard on and off each other? but who has that kind of coordination in solos. while it may seem smart to say offguard breaks solos, but lets not get into how backfills prioritise support roles in dps matchs. turning it into tnk/hl 3 dps vs 4 dps.

guard swapping takes 1 gcd to transfer 50% damage instantly. its brain dead af. you should look at the eu solo ranked scene, everyone who is above average guard swaps over there as dps all the time. guard should honestly be a tank specific utility.