Hot Prospect Name Concerns

EricMusco

Why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the server name is not a big deal to you? In that case you shouldn't care that it got changed, or how or why it got changed. But yet here you are, apparently taking great offense to the fact that they changed the server name at the request of the players who would be on it. Are you even on the west coast yourself?

Ironic coming from someone who's too embarrassed to even mention the old name.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're attempting to shut down the conversation by accusing someone of overreacting. Thereby attacking the poster you responded to to delegitimize his argument.

Well what is it then? People say it shouldn't have been changed because it doesn't matter, but if it doesn't matter, why fuss about it then? If it did matter to some people, and they got their way, then certainly it's case closed?

Either all these people do care about it, or.. they're overreacting. No?

Did you yourself not just accuse the people who complained about the server name in the first place of overreacting? Now you are contradicting yourself, and being a hypocrite. Definitely bad at logic. And accusing someone of overreacting has nothing to do with ad hominem. Seriously, you need to look it up, or stop using the term.

I'm not attempting to shut the conversation down. People should stop overreacting to a server name of all things. And people shouldn't demand to have that server name changed because of their overreaction to it.

Now who is a special snowflake?

Still you.

Well what is it then? People say it shouldn't have been changed because it doesn't matter, but if it doesn't matter, why fuss about it then? If it did matter to some people, and they got their way, then certainly it's case closed?

Either all these people do care about it, or.. they're overreacting. No?

Because personally I'm sick of tired of people complaining about every little thing they hate about the game and demanding Bioware change it. This game has been utterly destroyed for me because of whiney forum kids complaining over stupid crap and having their demands catered to.

Because personally I'm sick of tired of people complaining about every little thing they hate about the game and demanding Bioware change it. This game has been utterly destroyed for me because of whiney forum kids complaining over stupid crap and having their demands catered to.

Well, I for one think that comparing the changing of a name that a few people felt was problematic with changes that destroyed the game fits firmly in the "overreacting" column, so thanks for clarifying this to me.

LOL you post this garbage accusing ME of overreacting in an attempt to shut down opposing views LITERALLY the post after this guy says this to you

Point proven. I've already stated I don't really care about the name change. I was enquiring why YOU felt the need to make such a stink about it. If anybody overreacted here it's CLEARLY you. Taking the name Hot Prospect as sexual is pretty much a dictionary description of over-sensitivity.

You guys are overreacting about it though. Seriously. I'm not going to sugarcoat that just because your feelings might get hurt.

I mean let's get real. Who is the one yelling here? You are the one using caps lock in your posts because you apparently feel so strongly about this topic. Right?

Anyway, as to my reasons why I wanted the name changed, I already explained that.

What are you talking about? I've said the name Hot Prospect over and over.

Sexual innuendo or no sexual innuendo, I found the name embarassing and didn't want to have to tell my friends who I try to get to join the game that they need to join the "Hot Prospect" server to play with me.

You should read your own posts before posting them.

I'm not attempting to shut the conversation down. People should stop overreacting to a server name of all things. And people shouldn't demand to have that server name changed because of their overreaction to it.

If people don't like they name for any reason they have the right to ask for it to be changed. Why are you so butthurt over that?

Still you.

Says the one who claims their opponent is "trying to shut the conversation down" just because they disagree with you. Yeah, that's real mature.

If people don't like they name for any reason they have the right to ask for it to be changed. Why are you so butthurt over that?

Because I hate people who do that.

Says the one who claims their opponent is "trying to shut the conversation down" just because they disagree with you. Yeah, that's real mature.

Well hey, you complained about something and you got what you wanted. You made a game developer go out of it's way to settle your hurt feelings. Good for you. I hope you can keep it up in life.

Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Thank you Eric and Keith. That is great news and is a good step in restoring faith.

Because I hate people who do that.

Ok, so you admit that you are very emotional about this topic. That's fine, but what I don't get is why you are so angry just because the players asked the devs to change something they didn't like, something you said doesn't even affect you personally (because you claim you don't care about server names), and the devs actually listened to the players and made the change they wanted.

Are you even on the west coast yourself? Or were you just looking forward to the "Hot Prospect" of making fun of those "other people" who got stuck with a crappy server name, and now you are mad that you won't get to do that anymore? Just wondering.

Because I don't see why else this topic would be affecting you so deeply.

Well hey, you complained about something and you got what you wanted. You made a game developer go out of it's way to settle your hurt feelings.

Oh please, the servers have not even been made yet. There is no reason why they can't change the name now before the thing actually goes live. Actually, what they should have done was ask for player feedback first before they decided among themselves what to name any of the servers. What's wrong with asking the people who will actually be playing on the thing what they want it to be called?

Good for you. I hope you can keep it up in life.

Me too. I like getting things changed that I don't like. Don't you?

Ok, so you admit that you are very emotional about this topic. That's fine, but what I don't get is why you are so angry just because the players asked the devs to change something they didn't like, something you said doesn't even affect you personally (because you claim you don't care about server names), and the devs actually listened to the players and made the change they wanted.

Are you even on the west coast yourself? Or were you just looking forward to the "Hot Prospect" of making fun of those "other people" who got stuck with a crappy server name, and now you are mad that you won't get to do that anymore? Just wondering.

Because I don't see why else this topic would be affecting you so deeply.

Oh please, the servers have not even been made yet. There is no reason why they can't change the name now before the thing actually goes live. Actually, what they should have done was ask for player feedback first before they decided among themselves what to name any of the servers. What's wrong with asking the people who will actually be playing on the thing what they want it to be called?

Me too. I like getting things changed that I don't like. Don't you?

Why are you continuing this conversation? Are you trying to win it?

You DO realise that urban dictionary is very well known for giving sexual meanings to quite literally EVERY PHRASE? And they are usually incredibly graphic. And occasionally hilarious xD

Sorry, I didn't realise you were policing the internet. I was just highlighting one of the possible ways the name "Hot Prospect" could have more meanings than what was originally intended. A thorough officer of the internet would have also looked at the thread I quoted.

You DO realise that urban dictionary is very well known for giving sexual meanings to quite literally EVERY PHRASE? And they are usually incredibly graphic. And occasionally hilarious xD

Okay.. let's check the different server names on urban dictionary!

- There aren't any definitions for satele shan yet.

- Darth Malgus was a Human male Sith Lord of the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War.

- There aren't any definitions for tulak hord yet.

- The Star Forge is an immensley powerful space station built by an ancient race 5000 years before the Republic existed.

- Leviathan was a large whale-like sea creature, who may have had 7 heads according to some legends.

- any potential girl you want to get with or date

- Any young girl that you think will be hot when she gets older

- A person that you are interested in and who may have potential for resipricating that interest

Uh, shouldn't you ask yourself that question? Because you're still here?

Don't let him get you down. That's the infamous Tracer Missile Guy you've been conversing with. You know, the person who has been complaining for over five years about wanting the original Tracer Missile animation back, and has declared he doesn't play anymore and only pays a sub so he can troll people on the forums and keep petitioning for the 5 year old animation to be changed back?

He's just arguing for the sake of arguing, to try to get under other people's skin. Ignore him and your forum life will be much happier! :)

Edited by AscendingSky

Don't let him get you down. That's the infamous Tracer Missile Guy you've been conversing with. You know, the person who has been complaining for over five years about wanting the original Tracer Missile animation back, and has declared he doesn't play anymore and only pays a sub so he can troll people on the forums and keep petitioning for the 5 year old animation to be changed back?

He's just arguing for the sake of arguing, to try to get under other people's skin. Ignore him and your forum life will be much happier! :)

Quite possibly I just hate people who complain over stupid crap and end up getting game changes that affect people who might not have wanted those changes.

You know, like getting the Tracer Missile animation changed.

But who cares right? Who cares if someone wanted to play the game it was originally designed to be? Who cares if the only reason I even started playing this game in the first place was for that animation? You don't want to have to bend over. Gotta fix that asap. Forget the lack of end-game content at the time. You don't want to have to bend over.

Who cares that my enjoyment of the game has being completely destroyed? You don't want to have to bend over.

Edited by thirtydollars

Hopefully Eric earned a demerit for his original suggestion.:D

Yeah, I find it an ironic and humorous mea culpa on his part to have to make this announcement post, after he had so proudly informed everyone on the livestream that he was primarily responsible for 'Hot Prospect' becoming a server name in the first place. Why? Because he found it funny, not because it was some super serious Star Wars reference. Because it was a joke at the player base's expense.

He also informed us that it was impossible to change the server name, that it was locked in... :rolleyes: We see how big a lie that was now.

Edited by AscendingSky