Crew skill 450 mission discoveries

Badfenix

Sadly that seems more true with each passing week since they went F2P... they add just enough to keep people in, but they certainly don't fix half the problems that they add with each new content. Its why EA won worst company 2 years running!

And i'm wonder why EA still have one of the best profit among game developers & game publishers while developers like SquareEnix(with no fail project on my memory) almost ruined.

Edited by Keetsune

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know when this is going to be fixed.

87x Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips

2x Thermal Regulators

That makes me sad.

How many 450 slicing mission discoveries have you tried? Those always seem to guarantee multiple purples.

I've 3 stacks of the Bio-mech chips, and about 8 Thermal Regulators.

I try to keep a constant flow of companions going out on missions, and I have yet to find a slicing 450 mission disco.

I have to admit, I haven't seen a slicing 450 myself....

I just got a UW and Inv this morning and an Arch yesterday...but I haven't seen a slicing one (just hit 450 2 days ago however...)

Swijr

I have to admit, I haven't seen a slicing 450 myself....

I just got a UW and Inv this morning and an Arch yesterday...but I haven't seen a slicing one (just hit 450 2 days ago however...)

Swijr

While missions are still borked I've been saving all of my mission discoveries.

so far (these are rough figure's can't get ingame at the moment) i have

about 40 of each archeology and investigation

about 20 of each scavenging and underworld trading

about 6 slicing

and 1 bioanalysis

they are sitting in my hold alongside the many, many glove schematics I have from UT!

Edited by Ashenti

• Dev Post

Hello again everyone,

The weekend is upon us! We've been listening to your feedback, and I wanted to be sure to give you folks an update about where we currently stand with regards to the various Crew Skill issues you're seeing.

As I stated in my last update, Patch 2.0.1 will contain a number of Crew Skill fixes:

• Tier 23 and 26 Armstech Augments now have the correct crafting times.
  • Arkanian Relics will now be listed in the correct category in the Artifice Crafting Window.
  • Successful Gathering Missions above level 400+ will now provide more crafting materials.
  • Increased the number of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.

You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Additionally, we are aware of various issues with Crafting Skills. While I am not currently able to give you any solid time frame on these yet, here are our plans to address them:

1. Armormech

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Medium & Heavy items
  • Reduction in the amount of blue Underworld Metals are needed for some schematics

2. Synthweaving:

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Light, Medium & Heavy items
  • Reduction in the amount of Prototype Underworld Trading items are needed for some schematics

3. Scavenging:

• Hollinium will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
  • The value of Hollinium will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

4. Archaeology

• Perfect Carbonic Crystal will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
  • The value of Perfect Carbonic Crystal will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

5. Cybertech:

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Earpieces
  • Reduction in the amount of Prototype Underworld Metals are needed for some earpiece schematics

6. Biochem:

• The resource costs for all 401-450 crafted items will all be rebalanced to require a variety of all four Premium quality Bioanalysis materials:
    • Metabolic Enhancement Agent
    • Biological Compounding Chemical
    • Artificial Microbe
    • Virial Residue

[*]The resource cost of items requiring Prototype and Artifact Medical Materials will be standardized for all Biochem schematics

As we implement, test, and schedule these changes, I'll be proving you with more updates.

Finally, to address a couple of things that are not above, specifically Slicing Lockbox returns and the abundance of Armormech Glove Schematics from Underworld Trading, we are aware of the reports, and they are still being researched.

Thanks again to everyone for assistance and understanding while we actively work to iron out the kinks our Elder Game Crew Skills!

~Amber

Edited by AmberGreen
Typos, Fix to #2 point 2.

Reduction in the amount of blue Archaeology Treasure Hunting items are needed for some schematics

This is supposed to just be "Archaeology" and not TH, right? Synthweaving is only supposed to use Archaeology and Underworld Trading materials.

Edited by Telanis

Hello again everyone,

The weekend is upon us! We've been listening to your feedback, and I wanted to be sure to give you folks an update about where we currently stand with regards to the various Crew Skill issues you're seeing.

As I stated in my last update, Patch 2.0.1 will contain a number of Crew Skill fixes:

• Tier 23 and 26 Armstech Augments now have the correct crafting times.
  • Arkanian Relics will now be listed in the correct category in the Artifice Crafting Window.
  • Successful Gathering Missions above level 400+ will now provide more crafting materials.
  • Increased the number of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.

You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Additionally, we are aware of various issues with Crafting Skills. While I am not currently able to give you any solid time frame on these yet, here are our plans to address them:

1. Armormech

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Medium & Heavy items
  • Reduction in the amount of blue Underworld Metals are needed for some schematics

2. Synthweaving:

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Light, Medium & Heavy items
  • Reduction in the amount of blue Archaeology Treasure Hunting items are needed for some schematics

3. Scavenging:

• The value of Hollinium will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

4. Archaeology

• The value of Perfect Carbonic Crystal will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

5. Cybertech:

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Earpieces
  • Reduction in the amount of blue Underworld Metals are needed for some earpiece schematics

6. Biochem:

• The resource costs for all 401-450 crafted items will all be rebalanced to require a variety of all four Premium quality Bioanalysis materials:
    • Metabolic Enhancement Agent
    • Biological Compounding Chemical
    • Artificial Microbe
    • Virial Residue

[*]The resource cost of items requiring Prototype and Artifact Medical Materials will be standardized for all Biochem schematics

As we implement, test, and schedule these changes, I'll be proving you with more updates.

Finally, to address a couple of things that are not above, specifically Slicing Lockbox returns and the abundance of Armormech Glove Schematics from Underworld Trading, we are aware of the reports, and they are still being researched.

Thanks again to everyone for assistance and understanding while we actively work to iron out the kinks our Elder Game Crew Skills!

~Amber

This is all great, but I would like to point out there is still the problem of visually identical mission discoveries. For instance there are (at least) two UT purple missions you can get, but their icons and descriptions are identical so there is no way to tell them apart without actually trying to use each individual one. I have heard that the issue also exists for some other crew skills as well.

Also, if you crit on the purple UT missions, you actually get less Beryllius (like 4 as opposed to 6), but more of its Synthweaving equivalent, 7 as opposed to 3. This doesn't seem fair to either side that wants these mats, since people who want metals have to hope they don't get a crit, or else they will get more of something they don't want and less of something they do. And those who want the fabrics are in an even worse position since they have to pray for a crit or else they won't get jack! Granted, this isn't a big deal since the fabric is dirt cheap on the GTN, but I still thought I should point it out.

Also, thank you for the regular updates!

Edited by Taleek

Thanks for the update AmberGreen. Is anyone looking at the issue of TH mission boxes being both BoE and having level req? Or is this working as intended and we have to either level up or delete the mission boxes on our lowbie THers?

• Dev Post
This is supposed to just be "Archaeology" and not TH, right? Synthweaving is only supposed to use Archaeology and Underworld Trading materials.

Actually, I double checked with the team, and it's only supposed to be Underworld Trading! Thanks for catching this! It's been updated.

What about the lvl 54 orange shotguns with mk-7 slots when you crit instead of mk-9 slots? Havent tried any of the other orange gear or weapons yet but will do so once the changes hit for the missions. Edited by Burtlebe

3. Scavenging:

4. Archaeology

It sounds like these materials were accidentally added and won't actually be used to make anything, and will be basically removed from game now. So . . . can we get a x5 achievement somewhere in the legacy crafting skills achievement tree for obtaining one unit of each? It would be a nice little medal for the small part all your crafters played in helping to uncover and squash this bug. For those that do have a little pile of them laying around, it would also be a reason not to just vendor them, since we can hold onto them and put them back onto the market for completionists to pick up once they're no longer available.

Probably not the place to gripe about this, but there are a ton of orange synth recipes that require mats from up to three separate gathering skills (arch, scav, and UT). It's also pretty wonky that armormech only uses scav mats and metals from UT, but synth demands both metals and fabrics. Synth patterns need to be reviewed across to board to make them so they only require arch mats and luxury fabrics.

It sounds like these materials were accidentally added and won't actually be used to make anything, and will be basically removed from game now. So . . . can we get a x5 achievement somewhere in the legacy crafting skills achievement tree for obtaining one unit of each? It would be a nice little medal for the small part all your crafters played in helping to uncover and squash this bug. For those that do have a little pile of them laying around, it would also be a reason not to just vendor them, since we can hold onto them and put them back onto the market for completionists to pick up once they're no longer available.

Actually, maybe they will be valuable in the future? Should we stock up Hollinium?

Instead of increasing the vendor price of the mistake crafting materials, we should be allowed to turn them in for the useful one. The vendor cost of hollinium was 225 cr, mythra 50 and turadium 75. I suggest an exchange rate of 4 to 1 for mythra and 3 to 1 for turadium. Edited by Baldak

You know, I don't usually complain about bugs and so on in the game... I've been a systems delivery manager... I know development isn't easy, and testing and qa is always pinched budget (and also usually talent) wise. But this crafting thing really annoys me. I mean, in the game code, there should just be a common routine for rare, common, etc. mats and results from missions, and everything should just be driven based on data in a table somewhere. And when I think of the few mats and schematics actually added.. wow. A data dump to excel, some formulas and a one hour review should have caught this. This and the bolster issues (admittedly more difficult) really, really speaks to poor quality assurance.

Again, I know testing isn't easy, and I'm sure most testing was focused on mission mechanics for Makeb and the new dailies, HM FPs and Scum and Villany, but this stuff seemed like the low hanging fruit that should have been easy to get right.

Thanks for the update!

I guess anything is better than nothing, but in all the missions I ran, i got a Holi instead of a Myth which sold for 10k then and still 4-5k. So even if you doubled the vendor price of Holi, the bug would still have been costly. A limited-time vendor trade in of Holi for myth would seem much more fair. I.e., I am more focused on the 10k each I lost rather than whether I can get an additional 200 credits. If you give me replacement Myth, then there is not a currency inflation issue as well.

Even more frustrating was that these things I will vendor are coming from a crit, which is supposed to make me happy. These crits turned my April 10th Myth into cheap April 20th vendor trash.

Thanks for the update AmberGreen. Is anyone looking at the issue of TH mission boxes being both BoP and having level req? Or is this working as intended and we have to either level up or delete the mission boxes on our lowbie THers?

Yes this! Please!

So slow... :(

/sigh :confused:

Instead of increasing the vendor price of the mistake crafting materials, we should be allowed to turn them in for the useful one. The vendor cost of hollinium was 225 cr, mythra 50 and turadium 75. I suggest an exchange rate of 4 to 1 for mythra and 3 to 1 for turadium.

^^ THIS THIS THIS ^^

I have money, I want mats... Please do a trade for compounds and metals please. What's worse is, while the "vendor credit value " may be XXX the GTN value is 50 times higher. That's where the REAL loss is.

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

Are you also going to fix the Reverse Engineering of crafted Orange pieces (and give them the correct Augment slot based on their level)? Currently, this is absurdly backwards, as not only can you not RE crafted orange pieces for Augment Kit Components, but when you do end up critting on the craft, the orange item may not even have the correct Augment Slot, which defeats the entire purpose. For example, a level 54 orange knife critting with an Augment Slot 7 instead of 9 as it should.

What about treasure hunting, those purple gems you need to make purple items, forgot their name, drop even more rarely than thermal regulators, I got 9 of them from 100-120 missions.

Also investigation is still pretty much pointless why not require investigation mats in all kinds of crafts? Support all the crating skills.

So many mats are underused, others drops too rarely and others yet way too often.

You need to really balance out crafting and make it worthwhile. Crafting is one of the pillars of an MMO like this one.

The way I see it there are too few items to craft and even fewer that stay profitable.

Considering level 72 pretty much can't be crafted, logic says crafting will get hit even more, that's going to hurt the economy a lot and everything goes downhill from there, and the game as a whole takes a beating.

All you will ever going to craft is augments and augment slots everything else will be useless after a short while.

I'd really pay a lot of attention to crafting and seriously invest into this.

Edited by ChrisMattar