New to this AC

AussieAlan

So it has bugged me that I have several of all ac except for sin/shad, so towards the end of the DvL I decided to try it out once again, and found with the whatever the gold flashes around abilities is called in deception to be something I could get comfortable with, at least for my solo play, I do not do ops, or pvp, now and then TFP.

My problems are, other than having to use Khem as a tank to use maul, I wish it would be like virulence where back stab could be used at any angel, but anyway.

1. I am still not sure of the use for phantom stride

2. Same problem with reaping strike.

I know rotations do not matter for solo stuff, but I still like to be effective.

I tried the other dps spec, and just could not get a handle for it.

The gold flashes you refer to are when a "procc" as they like to call it, occurs. Essentially the highlighted ability has gotten some kind of buff.

I switched to tank spec on my assassins and shadow probably around level 26 I think, but that was long ago when leveling was very different. So I am not really up on the dps specs now.

I personally like the way tank spec plays, and I mention this because at a certain level, maul can be used from any angle. Also, at higher levels, spike can be used out of stealth.

Not sure if this is of any help to you, but I thought it was worth mentioning

Maul is fine as it is. It's the last thing that requires a tiny bit of skill (and even mostly in pvp) in this spec and using a tank comp ins't really a problem nowadays.

As for Phantom Stride, until level 68 you can use it as it was designed : a gap closer. Level 68+ the best way to use PS is after you used Recklessness to have a free Discharge so that you can make a 3rd back to back Discharge, the last 2 of which are crits.

Regarding Reaping Strike, you'd want to use it as any other attack. Its priority is around Maul. I can't be more precise than that since I'm not a theorycrafter and can't do the math and nobody that I'm aware did.

OK so PS for me as a solo player is something to save for say the final boss on EoT.

So I was on my ship and practising my rotation when another question popped up, priority.

So as I was doing my rotation, all at once maul, reaping strike, discharge, and ball lightning procced, and not sure where to go from there.

So when there is 4 or often 3 procced, should it go, maul, discharge, bl, rs? in order of most important.

Edited by AussieAlan

OK so PS for me as a solo player is something to save for say the final boss on EoT.

So I was on my ship and practising my rotation when another question popped up, priority.

So as I was doing my rotation, all at once maul, reaping strike, discharge, and ball lightning procced, and not sure where to go from there.

So when there is 4 or often 3 procced, should it go, maul, discharge, bl, rs? in order of most important.

You want to use PS on (almost) CD to have an extra Discharge. You just delay it when Recklessness is almost off CD (~25") so you can line them up. And since taking Reaper's Rush utility is mandatory you'll always have PS when you need it.

As for priority :

1. Discharge

2. Ball Lightning (as soon as it comes off CD)

3. Assasinate

4. Maul/Reaping Strike (this one is a bit unclear on which has priority over the other since nobody has done the math on it yet)

5. Voltaic Slash (becomes #1 if you'll lose Voltage in the next GCD)

Edited by LudhaninRolgge