the jedi consular vs the sith inquisitor

_biddan_

The SI is probably the weakest in the force. To make up for this he cheats. He goes around absorbing other sith's energy and claiming it as his own.

1. Nice necro.

2. The SI defeats Darth Skotia and Darth Zash before even binding any ghosts. The SI's Force potential was noted to be immense a couple of times, and the SI, as noted in one of the posts above, didn't receive proper combat training as a slave, yet was still strong enough to pass the Trials easily.

3. The SI has the choice to release the ghosts and keep every ounce of power. So this basically implies that the ghosts only served the SI as a shortcut to releasing their full potential. It's like using the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in Dragon Ball (:p). Well, and as a matter of protection from the arcane Rituals Thanaton had knowledge of.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SI is probably the weakest in the force. To make up for this he cheats. He goes around absorbing other sith's energy and claiming it as his own.

Do you honestly think the consular was going to be able to defeat Thanaton by the end of his chapter I

Edited by Kaedusz

But wait, rocks don't conduct electricity, and rock type is super effective against electric.:rak_03:

Not true, it depends on what type of rock it is. Many types of rocks are heavily conductive. Even quarts can project electricity to an extent. With a high enough electric charge you can make hard rock such as granite explode.

• 5 months later...

Well, except for the fact that there's no instance of this phenomenon occurring without Morrhage's control. But whatever. I'm sure that's not relevant. You keep on saying untrue things. The consular failed to expand its use.

Incorrect. You probably haven't gotten there yet, but

The Consular uses the technique successfully on Syo Bakarn/the First Son at the conclusion of Chapter 3.

As for the whole "Consular v. Inquisitor" debate, I wonder why we're even having the debate. They are even, they were designed to be even, and there's really no good way to settle the debate (except maybe through PvP, and even then, the moves are just factional analogs of each other). If such classes existed in real life, the outcome of such a confrontation wouldn't be decided by what class they were (and what we think they stand for) but by the individuals involved, and because they're so evenly matched, probably a whole lot of luck.

Again, you lot are acting like the SI is nothing without her ghosts, this couldn't be further from the truth.

The Sith Inquisitor is considered to be the weakest members of the Dark Council without her force ghost buddies/artifacts. Which need time to recharge and be reined back in.

With them she 's one of the most powerful sith in the world sans Emperor, without them she's one of the top 10 probably.

The Jedi Consular is The Strongest member of the Jedi Council. Bar none. You are a strange anomaly that can tap into the force in a way that shouldn't be possible, calling more power to you than any Jedi of your training should be able to. You are the anti-Emperor. You're the Exile Part 2. The Force flows through you naturally and when you eventually die, you'll leave a force ghost without having to try.

Given thousands of years the Jedi Consular could, without any outside influence, just self training, meditation, etc likely match the Emperor at his peak. They're that gifted.

The issue is that you don't have thousands of years between when the Inquisitor and Consular fight. So it comes down to Sith Artifacts and Ghosts vs. Raw Talent. I think a 'proper' Consular would likely lose the conflict - a proper Consular would not take the final blow even if they could, they would offer redemption, they would try to show the Inquisitor the light, and to take them to the Order.

The Inquisitor, even lightsided, would be less inclined to show mercy in a way that leaves them open to reprisal (and the Consular less likely to try and attack with their back turned). A light sided Inquisitor might claim the consular was 'worthy' but should train more, and that they await their next fight, and then leave. A proper lightsided Consular wouldn't strike the enemy with their back turned.

Of course, two darkside characters would come down to probably them both killing each other. Or the proper end, the Consular dies, but the inquisitor is left broken and exhausted, and her force ghosts rebel again, tearing her body and mind apart as she lay next to the dead Jedi.

if my shadow doesn't kill my sorc in the first shot, my sorc would probably win in a long drawn out fight, my sorc freed the ghosts as she didn't need them,

the inquisitor is still considered one of the most powerful sith in the galaxy even without the ghosts