Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

My understanding is that your account will need to meet the criteria on April 22nd. In short, make sure your account is active (be it subscription, or GTC) until then.

Well the promotion said your subscription had to be active on april 12, and mine was, now it isn't, aprill 15.

I did get the mail saying i got 30 free days starting april 24th but i'm having doubts now, would be weird if they just reopened my account..

In any case, if they do, fine. If they don't, i don't think i'll be playing this for a long time, if ever again.

Gimmicks to get people to resub got old the very first month with that founder title bs, them doing it again with this "free pet and month" is just meh. Meanwhile, the game is still missing very important features, and they add this legacy crap nobody really asked for and that adds basically nothing meaningful to the game.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the promotion said your subscription had to be active on april 12, and mine was, now it isn't, aprill 15.

I did get the mail saying i got 30 free days starting april 24th but i'm having doubts now, would be weird if they just reopened my account..

In any case, if they do, fine. If they don't, i don't think i'll be playing this for a long time, if ever again.

Gimmicks to get people to resub got old the very first month with that founder title bs, them doing it again with this "free pet and month" is just meh. Meanwhile, the game is still missing very important features, and they add this legacy crap nobody really asked for and that adds basically nothing meaningful to the game.

Yeah, as I said in another thread, I'm in (nearly) the same situation as you. I qualified on the 12th and got an e-mail saying I would receive 30 extra days of game time when my current subscription expires (the 17th). There was a somewhat ambiguous answer on Twitter, but I would like to see a definitive answer on the matter.

Come on Bioware whats with you. This is all wrong you should be giving the free time to ALL the players who have been here since day one even if they haven't made it to 50 or legacy level 6!!!!! Very bad move i must say. Heck i remember leveling to 50 in 3 to 5 days in beta over and over. Just cuz you can level it doesn't make u a supporting customer!!! Disappointed very much!!!!

PS - yes i have 3 50s and got 30 days so i am not here cuz i didn't get the free time. I am here cuz this promotion is ridiculous and so wrong in my opinion!!!!!!! many people deserve it more that didn't get it.

I might be wrong, but have they changed it?

See here: http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

In appreciation for your support, all active subscribers with a Level 50 character or with a Legacy Level 6 account will receive 30 days of game time** at no charge.

This is what it now says.

and down in that column:

- OR, be sure you are an active subscriber with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

I am deeply impressed by a company listening to reason. \o/

Edited by chillshock

so bioware are giving the 30 days free to active subscribers. im guessing that means those with a reoccurring sub like a direct debit.

so because im not paying on a direct debit but have always paid and never let my sub run out im now not entitled to this gesture and im not considered a loyal customer. is this correct ?

if so this is hardly fair and is the point where I draw the line. I will congratulate Bioware on alienating loyal customers and will happily remove my subscription.

good luck to you all, I hope you enjoy this game and I hope none of you get ripped off by money grabbers who are not interested in the performance of there product, just so long as it makes them enough money.

so bioware are giving the 30 days free to active subscribers. im guessing that means those with a reoccurring sub like a direct debit.

so because im not paying on a direct debit but have always paid and never let my sub run out im now not entitled to this gesture and im not considered a loyal customer. is this correct ?

if so this is hardly fair and is the point where I draw the line. I will congratulate Bioware on alienating loyal customers and will happily remove my subscription.

good luck to you all, I hope you enjoy this game and I hope none of you get ripped off by money grabbers who are not interested in the performance of there product, just so long as it makes them enough money.

"You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code. "

I preordered the game.

I used a Game Time card.

I used one month payment.

After that, I took a few days pause from resubscribing.

Now I resubbed 2nd April....

And I'm not eligble for...not having a RECURRING? Just because I took a few days pause with the sub?

Or am I wrong? Will I get my 30 days or not? (Still got 18 days on my gametime).

I can't help to feel sorry for the players who are incredibly loyal to this game, who have spent money on a Collector's Edition that was absolutely worthless, and who have limited playing time while raising children.

I know some of these people, and while most are saying "it's only $15" they're obviously not raising children. $15 dollars is a lot of money when you're raising children.

So when you attempt to trivialize this incredible mistake by Bioware, you might stop for a second to realize, not everyone is like you. Some people could use that $15 for an entry fee to a sports league.

This is a very bad move.

Agreed. I've been a beta tester, long-time follower on the site and forums, CE purchaser & continuous subber and I just don't have the time (due to work and the home life) to grind out the legacy rep or get to level 50. The 15 bucks isn't even my issue, it's just the face-slapping that BW did in order to keep around the folks who rushed the content and have been whining for months now.

That's okay, tho. I have other games I'm testing atm, D3 is out next month and it's soon summer time. If my GF and I keep playing beyond the summer, BW won't care & they won't notice if we leave, either. The 30 bucks a month we pay can go toward another recreation.

Edited by Nemu

Think this will be it for me it seems. I'm offended.

I work, live with my partner and the kids stay at the weekends, so only play an evening or two during the week. I would love to be able to play more if I could.

I bought the game on release and have had a continuing subscription ever since with my current play time paid till mid september.

As I dont have a 50 nor toons that can get me legacy 6, and am unlikely to get them within the next week, I will miss out on the free month being offered.

I am very happy with what i've played of the game so far, and don't have any grumbles about the game, although the server I am playing on is now more or less a ghost town and it is difficult to be able to do any group quest, heroics or flashpoints. I appreciate that the game is being regularly updated with new stuff being added, although I've not yet had much chance to see any of the new features.

I was quite content to play at a leisurely pace, bringing up a couple of alts, doing as many quests as possible, including grey ones, and progressing with the crew skills etc.

I have a freind who I introduced to the game, by letting him play a character on my account for a few days to try it out, and who then bought the game and subscibed himself.

As he is long term unemployed and lives on his own, he has been able to play the game all day whenever he is awake if he likes, and subsequently has a level 50 and other alts. I also know for a fact that he wanted to hit 50 soon and went through the game with another friend with a higher level character.

He will therefore get the free month even though he has been subscribed for a month less than me, and paid less for the game as the price had dropped by the time he bought it.

Therefore I feel I am missing out because I have a job, a partner and kids who need my time as much as the game does.

This free month, which I feel is a nice gesture by Bw/Ea, is therefore a reward for acheivement and not for being a loyal subscriber or valued customer.

If the free month is to be given for loyalty or being valued then give it to people for being an active long term subscriber, but if it is to be for acheivement as it is, then remove the time limit all together, so everybody has a chance to acheive the reward, regardless of their personal life and their time to be able to play the game.

Thanks for reading.

I work, live with my partner and the kids stay at the weekends, so only play an evening or two during the week. I would love to be able to play more if I could.

I bought the game on release and have had a continuing subscription ever since with my current play time paid till mid september.

As I dont have a 50 nor toons that can get me legacy 6, and am unlikely to get them within the next week, I will miss out on the free month being offered.

I am very happy with what i've played of the game so far, and don't have any grumbles about the game, although the server I am playing on is now more or less a ghost town and it is difficult to be able to do any group quest, heroics or flashpoints. I appreciate that the game is being regularly updated with new stuff being added, although I've not yet had much chance to see any of the new features.

I was quite content to play at a leisurely pace, bringing up a couple of alts, doing as many quests as possible, including grey ones, and progressing with the crew skills etc.

I have a freind who I introduced to the game, by letting him play a character on my account for a few days to try it out, and who then bought the game and subscibed himself.

As he is long term unemployed and lives on his own, he has been able to play the game all day whenever he is awake if he likes, and subsequently has a level 50 and other alts. I also know for a fact that he wanted to hit 50 soon and went through the game with another friend with a higher level character.

He will therefore get the free month even though he has been subscribed for a month less than me, and paid less for the game as the price had dropped by the time he bought it.

Therefore I feel I am missing out because I have a job, a partner and kids who need my time as much as the game does.

This free month, which I feel is a nice gesture by Bw/Ea, is therefore a reward for acheivement and not for being a loyal subscriber or valued customer.

If the free month is to be given for loyalty or being valued then give it to people for being an active long term subscriber, but if it is to be for acheivement as it is, then remove the time limit all together, so everybody has a chance to acheive the reward, regardless of their personal life and their time to be able to play the game.

Thanks for reading.

THIS. A hundred times this! I could not have said it better myself. Sums up almost exactly my feelings on this matter. Bioware are not rewarding loyalty, they are rewarding achievement. Way to go Bioware, you have made me feel more un-valued as a customer than any company has in a long, long time. Good job, Bioware PR! Nice one!

Edited by shirozou

Thanks for reading.

It because they want to try keep sub numebrs up for finanical year as the 30 days sub as long people resub lets them show it on reports even though it borderline deception against investors. LA is not liking how things are going either and remember LA can pull it down if decide it hurting the Starwars name which it currently is. Honestly it making the Starwars universe into a joke,

It because they want to try keep sub numebrs up for finanical year as the 30 days sub as long people resub lets them show it on reports even though it borderline deception against investors. LA is not liking how things are going either and remember LA can pull it down if decide it hurting the Starwars name which it currently is. Honestly it making the Starwars universe into a joke,

there's a whole lot of [citation needed] in this post.

Reading this thread makes me sad.

Sadly the smartest thing that EA/BW could have done is not give a free month to anyone and not mention anything of the idea. With the amount of backlash and people pissed off I would be surprised if they ever do anything like this again. Since people have their own reasons why they are owed this free month more than other people.

Whinge, whinge, whinge, ******, ******, ******....

Please. Bioware is giving some goodies away based on their idea of what constitutes an active subscriber. I believe they consider an active subsciber isnt just one who pays their $15 a month. It's also someone who has been in game and made up the Multiplayer part of MMO. They get the biggest goodies - a free month of game time. Everyone else at least gets something too. A pet just for having an active account, A free week if you had unsubscribed, and if you resubscribe you get the pet too. This is BioWare's call, and it's them giving something to the community as a "thank you" for being active - not a "reward" for paying a subscription. No-one is having anything taken away from them as all the complaining in this thread seems to indicate.

We all subscribed to the game prepared to pay our $15 a month to play the game which we have all been doing as much as we like or are able according our own lives. We have all been happy to do so or have left the game, irrelavant of any expectation of reward from BioWare.

If some people get a free month bonus in Bioware's judgement - fine! No-one else has lost anything. If you didnt get a free month you still get a pet. None of this was an expectation in your mind before this promotion and you have no reason to feel "entitled" to it now. You have lost nothing, and you are still doing what you would have been doing anyway. It is a bonus like any other bonus given by any other organisation anywhere - not everyone will get it, not everyone will qualify for it, and you have no cause to complain like a spoiled child if you didnt get it and someone else did.

Edited by Fernidang
grammar / text

LOL!

If any of you guys actually believe Bioware is giving out 30days as a reward or recognition...I have a bridge or some nice magic beans to sell you.

Seriously the free time and countless free weekends is because the game is not doing nearly as well as they had planned. Why would it they don't actually play test anything. Prior to 1.2 I actually enjoyed PVP in this game:(

If you didn't get 30 days free and still want to play...you can have my time. Until I see a rollback in what they have done to healers and the pvp system in this game I'd honestly rather play WoW and that's freaking sad.

I've read all the requirements for the pet, and I meet all of them. I'm still confused why I haven't received anything yet. I wonder if I'm missing something. I've read this article umpteen thousand times and still I cannot find where I do not meet the requirements.

I'll wait for the day to complete before reaching out to customer service.

I'm open to any thoughts you guys have. :)

I've read all the requirements for the pet, and I meet all of them. I'm still confused why I haven't received anything yet. I wonder if I'm missing something. I've read this article umpteen thousand times and still I cannot find where I do not meet the requirements.

I'll wait for the day to complete before reaching out to customer service.

I'm open to any thoughts you guys have. :)

I do believe it also said it would be on your account by Apr.24th , so its not late

You just want what you want, when you want it......

But I'm sorry the world doesn't work like that

Game Update 1.2: Legacy is finally here, bringing a wide range of new game features and playable content to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! With Legacy, you can now create your very own Legacy family tree, sharing the skills mastered by one character with everyone in your family tree. You will also be able to experience new adventures, including the new Operation, Explosive Conflict, the Novare Coast PvP Warzone, and much, much more!

Read More

Awesome :D:wea_03:

LOL!

If any of you guys actually believe Bioware is giving out 30days as a reward or recognition...I have a bridge or some nice magic beans to sell you.

Seriously the free time and countless free weekends is because the game is not doing nearly as well as they had planned. Why would it they don't actually play test anything. Prior to 1.2 I actually enjoyed PVP in this game:(

If you didn't get 30 days free and still want to play...you can have my time. Until I see a rollback in what they have done to healers and the pvp system in this game I'd honestly rather play WoW and that's freaking sad.

Then quit, and please make sure the door slams you hard on your butt on the way out.

Emails should be completely sent by tomorrow.

Essentially, anyone who has game time left on their account, is able to login (ie, is not banned) and is not playing the game as part of a Friend's Trial will be eligible for the game time.

im fit this situation,

but i dont get the mail science 4.12.2012!!!