Swtor free to play

convictionx

So who thinks it will have to go free to play within the next year.

Na, for the people that enjoy the starwars universe and great cinematic story telling, the game simply has way too much replayability to lose the amount of subs to be forced to do that.

0/10 for your trolling attempt though.

Not within the year. If it does go F2P, though, I'll be glad. One less thing I'll have to pay for.

You've obviously never played a F2P game before. Imagine this game, but you only get to choose 2 classes for each side. And even then, you only get 1 spec period per class. You can have the others... for 19.99 each.

Yeah, F2P sucks.

Nothing is free to begin with. The correct term to use with a "f2p" is how much are you willing to spend.

The problem with f2p games is that they lack quality. To get full access to a f2p you'd have to pay insane sums of money. For example to fully unlock a game like lotro or EQ2 without subscribing you'd have to pay 100's of dollars. You realize that right?

Nah, i'd take a monthly subscription fee over a f2p without blinking my eyes. But if a game lacks it turns into a f2p, no talk about it.

No, f2p's won't be the future of mmos there will always be a couple subscription based ones out there to rule them all, like WoW. I really hope swtor don't fall into the pit of despair aka f2p. It would really be sad. The game isn't even designed to be a f2p. A f2p is a grind feast, they're not quest based. To turn swtor into a f2p you'd have to lock all zones for "f2p" users and have them *buy* them to even be able to access/quest in them. Disaster.

Though there are plenty of people with sense that think that TOR will go free to play, just because that's a highly profitable MMO model.

I don't know how much business experience you have, but you can make ANYTHING profitable simply by charging money for something. You just have to cut overhead significantly.

I don't know of any MMO's that were developed with the idea of being F2P in the beginning. We've had some conversions, but I don't think a F2P model can work with the large scale development and support necessary for a Massive MMO like WOW or SWTOR.

Edited by Argolith

I think a model more like xbox live expansion where you pay for the new content you want rather than have to keep paying for what you already brought at release.

Anyway I rather buy 6 new games than subscribe for a year makes no sense to me.

For example

Mass effect 3

Diablo 3

GTA 5

Halo 4

Bio shock infinity

Max Payne 3

Now what would be more fun ?

Edited by convictionx