Group Member Experience Problem

SkyLombardi

Hi me and my friend just recently started playing SWTOR, and this is something I can't seem to figure out. I'm a level 11 and he's a level 4. I have been trying to help him by being in a party with him, but he tells me that when we're in a party together and fight monsters, he only gains 4-6 experience. I've tried making him the party leader, and it give the same results. Any help with this would be highly appreciated, because I really wanna help him progress in the game since it's his first MMORPG.

I have not tested this myself, but in most games when one person significantly out levels another, monster XP is diminished for the lower level, so you can't truly power level a friend. Mission XP will be fine, but monster XP will suck.

If you want to help him, you'd be better off making a character with him. Same level grouping is encouraged in this game, as for each person in the group, you actually get bonus XP when someone completes a mission, even if you do not have the mission. Probably also doesn't apply if someone in the group significantly out levels the rest. So leveling together is more efficient by far.

Edited by TehMurph