Best way to grind CXP as a fresh 70 mostly-solo player?

DavGlen

Hello everyone!

So, I hit level cap a short while ago and I was wondering if there was a way to grind CXP efficiently as a solo player, in this current patch. I googled and I see a lot of info for old patches but I don't know if that's still relevant.

I'm used to playing korean MMOs so the concept of grinding is something I'm waaay used to and it wouldn't bother me if I had to do it here too.

Thank you all!

TLDR:

Solo: Heroics and "Weeklies"

Run 100% CXP boosts as often as possible.

Try to run the Weekly bonus when it is the once-a-week bonus activity (+25%) and/or when your alignment (LS/DS) is in a victory state (+15%)

More detail:

From the activities window, select "Solo" tab. At the bottom, you will see the daily bonus activity (+25% to that activity). It is RNG though each event type is only bonus once a week. Resets on Monday.

Heroics:

Every day, there is a Daily for doing X of Y Heroics for each planet (doesn't usually require all of a planets' Heroics). Each Heroic gives a base of 225 CXP. Doing the full Daily gives 225*X added bonus. Note: the bonus missions on a given Heroic can only be done once a week.

"Weeklies"

These are the Daily areas (Makeb, Black Hole, Section-X, CZ-198, Oricon, Yavin, Ziost). You can do them every day. But the bonus is once/week and it is LARGE. Some will not be available if that toon has not done the story for that area.

CZ is very fast, Makeb can be very slow. Section-X is also pretty slow. Others are between.

CXP Boosts:

You will get them from the command crates, eventually you will have a lot. But at the start, you may want to buy from fleet vendor (near the other L70 vendors) for 190 command tokens + 50K credits.

Note on Makeb: The Makeb weekly is currently at 5/6 completion, making it very fast - you only need to finish one quest to complete the weekly. As stated, the weeklies give a ton of cxp and are the prime source for me to get to 300. Heroics are often pretty piddly unless the daily bonus is planetary missions.

One very important thing to note: You can use the tokens you get that are supposed to be used for gearing, to buy superior command boosts. You get far more than you can spend on gear. I didn't realize this the first time around until after I reached 300, but it makes leveling a lot easier, and the boosts are BoL so your alts can access them. Avoid using them to complete chapters; even with the daily bonus for chapters I don't find them an efficient use of CXP grinding.

I'm almost strictly solo myself, but I also pvp a little, and that's pretty good as it can generally give at least one GC level [more early on] increase in about 15 mins - warzones are pretty fast. Win or lose, you still get a lot. Doing the daily/weekly is generally not a good source, but doing one here and there can be good if you have a few minutes left on your command boost and not enough time to run anything else.

Edited by Ardrossan

Note on Makeb: The Makeb weekly is currently at 5/6 completion, making it very fast - you only need to finish one quest to complete the weekly.
This auto-complete bug seems to be very toon-dependent. My L70 toons have from 0 to 4 auto-completed weekly.

As stated, the weeklies give a ton of cxp and are the prime source for me to get to 300. Heroics are often pretty piddly unless the daily bonus is planetary missions.
Sure, weeklies are superior. But only give the bonus once per week. And I'd argue Coruscant daily (and Balmorra-Rep if you get lucky with spawns) are pretty good. By my calcs, approx on par with Section-X weekly in CXP/minute. Edited by DocDAM