Bring All the color crystals back Petition!!!!

T-Rel

They said rare crystal colors would come and go.... who knows what new ones will come out and what old ones will be back, but currently you cant get white anymore or purple unless someone is selling purple. I doubt a petition on the forum is going to get them to undo a major game feature like that.

-signed

Some of us have been here since pre-launch but didn't roll a toon to 50 as fast as they could to make millions of credits so that they could afford these crystals before they were removed from the game.

There is no reason behind making these colors rare other then to reward power levelers and hardcores. They messed up when they first announced the "Level 50 free month" thing and angered a lot of casuals (including me) who had multiple toons but none at 50, and they changed it to reflect legacy level as it should have been all along. This crystal deal is the same thing, it just happened before they realized how angry casuals could get, and not as many complained about these crystals as they did about the free month. BW now more then ever needs to learn from their mistakes and bring these colors back for those who have been loyal from day one but had no chance in heck to obtain them because of their playstyle.

No. These crystals were available for the players that put the time in. The "Free month for level 50s" was because they took away ranked pvp 6 hours pre patch (which I am fine with, I appreciate the free month), you still had things to do in this next patch whereas the 50 PVP community did not. You, as a "casual" (im guessing you call yourself that?) player did not earn the reward before time was up. I'm all for them bringing back in basic colors like violet for pubs and cyan for emps, but if its that big of a deal to you what color your videogame sword is then I have a hard time believing you didnt play enough to cap/farm 1 mil credits lol.

oh and...

White crystals along with the entire geologist vendor are making a return in several months, this was posted in the original article about item removals in 1.2

Edited by Grafon

Well sucks to be them now isn't it? If they had played this game earlier and worked hard like most players who got the color crystals that are rare. They would have it, otherwise it would be like SWG when they automatically gave out Jedi classes for new starting people. Making the people who worked their butts off for the class a waste of time and effort, so without upsetting some hard working people on the game, I do believe Bioware should ignore your petition.

Wrong i was playing from the beginning, it wasnt about working hard, it was bum rushing through the game, before bio. took them out.

• 1 month later...

Wow...Anyone who says that people shouldn't be able to change the color of their weapons is plain ignorant. I understand wanting rarity in the game but that should apply to high stat weapons/armor, not the color of your weapon.

I've been looking for a purple crystal for a long time and cant find one. Unless, I want to pvp and pay a ridiculous amount of credits for it or pray i get it from a world boss. BULL. This really needs to be rectified soon

Well sucks to be them now isn't it? If they had played this game earlier and worked hard like most players who got the color crystals that are rare. They would have it, otherwise it would be like SWG when they automatically gave out Jedi classes for new starting people. Making the people who worked their butts off for the class a waste of time and effort, so without upsetting some hard working people on the game, I do believe Bioware should ignore your petition.

Welcome to the world of MMO's, if you want stuff first you work hard for it, if you don't then you patiently wait.

-signed

Some of us have been here since pre-launch but didn't roll a toon to 50 as fast as they could to make millions of credits so that they could afford these crystals before they were removed from the game.

There is no reason behind making these colors rare other then to reward power levelers and hardcores. They messed up when they first announced the "Level 50 free month" thing and angered a lot of casuals (including me) who had multiple toons but none at 50, and they changed it to reflect legacy level as it should have been all along. This crystal deal is the same thing, it just happened before they realized how angry casuals could get, and not as many complained about these crystals as they did about the free month. BW now more then ever needs to learn from their mistakes and bring these colors back for those who have been loyal from day one but had no chance in heck to obtain them because of their playstyle.

/signed

QFT, I didn't originally see the need to rush to 50 and wrongfully assumed I guess that the purple one would be on a vendor. I had heard the white was "limited time only" and was fine with that since 1 mil+ isn't exactly easy to get as level 30 which was my highest character at the time. I also got a girlfriend around this time and she has-is sucking up alot of my free time, not that I'm complaining.

/Signed

KOTOR 1 and 2 had your typical crystals and your rare crystals, you had to look for the rare ones if you want them. This system they have now makes no sense. Empire gets purple easily republic don't, for what reason exactly? Blue and green are republic, red is empire, there is no real no reason for bioware to start limiting the crystals. Let players who want them look for them and earn them already.

If this game ever goes F2P, color crystals will probably be one of the items we end up paying for anyway. It is only significant to the individual who wants them.