[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So nobody has come up with a workaround? I think 'we' are the ones that are slacking by not figuring out a way to show high rez textures. :)

Unfortunatly its been locked down at the engine level according to some digging that was done.

So nobody has come up with a workaround? I think 'we' are the ones that are slacking by not figuring out a way to show high rez textures. :)

Umm, considering how even the .ini files were removed to prevent modifications, I don't see how we could do much. This is reasonable and understandable, but, if they do remove any possibilities for the users for mod something, they should make sure their own work is good enough and needs no mods in the first place.

Well - skyrim allows for mods, and there are amazing high res texture packs that a lot of the skyrim players use.

Using high res mods on Skyrim blows away any game I can think of.

People seem to forget the beauty of games with mods is that the static version of the game only improves with the mods. And the high-res textures in Skyrim make pretty much the best comparison I can think of for gaming, bar none.

I am not even asking for Hi Rez textures to be implemented. Just an explanation of WHY they are not but being advertised / marketed with them.

A simple statement of " hi rez textures make the client unstable, we are looking into it" or something along those lines will do for most people.

I guess I will add that to my sub cancelation question form.:p

BIOWARE you can't sit this one out! We aren't going anywhere.

Actually we might - to another game!

Speak for yourself.

I'm having loads of fun in this game, so quitting over this not being resolved 3 weeks after the game launched is not an option for me.

I would love to have it fixed as soon as possible of course.

i am all for high rez textures, ive seen them in the betas. but i would rather them work out some gameplay bugs first. That being said, a confirmation from someone about the state of the low-medium-high settings vs the low-high in the ptr would be appreciated.

For some reason, my jugg seems to have high rez textures, but all my other toons dont, its just might be the armor hes wearing or that im blind.

ill post ss later today.

p.s. someone from bioware will post something, its still morning in pst time, so chill out **** will get sorted out

Isn't that exactly what happened?

Yes, but the placebo effect of having a High option is still there. Imagine if there weren't any high option, not in the UI. People would go "Bioware why isnt there a high option for textures!?"

Edited by Caonimah

Except that the Bioware SWTOR team is in Austin, which is Central Time where it is already after 11:00 am.

True i forgot about that, either way its a monday, everyone hates mondays. Something will be said about this issue sooner then later. Someone should tweet Reid, i would but i dont have a twitter account.

You do realize that it is not a forum moderator's job to know anything about in game bug fixes and keeping the community informed about such issues?

I personally would be more worried if the game developers were spending a lot of time here on the forum discussing with us, instead of fixing and resolving urgent issues.

Who said I was bashing the forum mods, or mistaking what their job is or isn't?

I was Hating on the complete lack of Dev presence.

But hey, glad I could clear that up for ya.

And your last bit is just.....what?

Ignoring hundreds...thousands of players because..what? they're hard at work implementing proper textures? lol ok.

Edited by Your_dominus

If they end up withholding the high-res textures for the first expansion, I won't be coming back to TOR until the first expansion is on sale for dirt-cheap. If that means I won't be playing TOR again until 2017, that's fine with me.

This is the last thing I saw before I quit playing a few days ago:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1111/swtor2012010722193674.png

No thanks.

And your last bit is just.....what?

Ignoring hundreds...thousands of players because..what? they're hard at work implementing proper textures? lol ok.

I never said they are ignoring the forums because they are working hard at fixing the textures, i said that they are working at resolving various issues.

But hey, i am glad i could clear that up for you.

This particular issue is obviously not at the top of their priority list, otherwise we would already have an official statement about it, or we would have seen it fixed already and neither you, or i, can't do anything to change that except to discuss about it in this topic and hope for a fix that will be implemented soon.

This is exactly what i was talking about earlier in this thread when i mentioned inconsistency in texture quality.

Some textures in my game look not as bad as this, but bad,others on the other hand look light years ahead.

My Juggernaut for example looks sharp and fantastic when compared to this, however my level 12 trooper looks almost as bad as this picture you have presented, which makes me think that some (not all) high res textures are either somehow bugged or disabled, or completely missing from the game currently.

I have to say though that this picture of yours looks really bad, to the level which really surprises me.

Also turn on AA, it will improve smoothing out edges and overall look.

Edited by Vlacke

I think bioware should remove all screen shots in the media area and replace them with the screen shots that have medium textures instead because all the screen shots are using high textures with AA to show off whats not actually in game.

False advertising.

Yes,

You buy a game based on screen shots and previews and even the beta has it.

Their advertising campaign had it! It really is false advertising. You buy the game with that expectation.

It's monday now...time for some answers bioware!