The Bounty Hunter’s Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

TheOpf

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. Cant wait to try it. Heat management seems like its going to be a pain tho without immolate (still late 20s almost 30) for the free RP proc. I can replace Immolate with FB , or is there a better filler skill in the rotation?

If you want good advice, play Shieldtech or Pyro at least until lvl40. AP tree doesnt really come together until then. I am not saying it is not viable before then, I just dont see a reason to do it.

If you want good advice, play Shieldtech or Pyro at least until lvl40. AP tree doesnt really come together until then. I am not saying it is not viable before then, I just dont see a reason to do it.

Absolutely - this is spot on. In fact, I am going to add it to my suggestions and the beginning of the guide.

Servers are still down, and I still haven't been able to test the NORS Rotation vs the RS rotation. Granted I don't have a practice dummy so my practice comes when I find an elite and let Blizz tank him currently.

Anyone have any numbers yet from a Parser as to what the either build is doing?

The servers are back up.

There's L50 and L50+ training dummies on the fleet; check the Gav Daragon/Zios Shadow as faction permits.

I am at work though haha, and leaving later to go to Monterey with the girlfriend so may not be able to do anything until I get back.

I will at least try to find them.

Thanks for the update.

Servers are still down, and I still haven't been able to test the NORS Rotation vs the RS rotation. Granted I don't have a practice dummy so my practice comes when I find an elite and let Blizz tank him currently.

Anyone have any numbers yet from a Parser as to what the either build is doing?

Tried both builds on PvP dummy with full battlemaster combat tech gear and I had around 1100-1200 DPS for both builds. I included 9% aim in both builds for a better comparison and they were dead even (dropped the DR when stunned on RS build).

The problem with RS builds is after a few rotations it becomes difficult to have the ammo to use PFT/PG every 12s. The DPS for RS builds dropped faster from ammo issues than a NORS build because you don't have the ammo to both keep up PG/PFT stacks AND use gut and RS.

NORS build IMO is superior because it allows you to have those 5 stacks 24/7. The one thing RS may be good for is burst. Build 5 stacks, Gut/RB, PFT/PG, immo/FP, SS/RP, HiB/RS would be slightly better burst.

EDIT: I was fully buffed for all tests

Edited by Karandor

Tried both builds on PvP dummy with full battlemaster combat tech gear and I had around 1100-1200 DPS for both builds. I included 9% aim in both builds for a better comparison and they were dead even (dropped the DR when stunned on RS build).

The problem with RS builds is after a few rotations it becomes difficult to have the ammo to use PFT/PG every 12s. The DPS for RS builds dropped faster from ammo issues than a NORS build because you don't have the ammo to both keep up PG/PFT stacks AND use gut and RS.

NORS build IMO is superior because it allows you to have those 5 stacks 24/7. The one thing RS may be good for is burst. Build 5 stacks, Gut/RB, PFT/PG, immo/FP, SS/RP, HiB/RS would be slightly better burst.

EDIT: I was fully buffed for all tests

I figured it would start causing delays around rotation 3 with the RS builds.

The good thing about the Norse rotation is it's much easier to follow the 12 second rule with some leeway to weave without having heat issues.

Just a few questions.

How long were your tests?

Did you use Explosive Fuel on and CD's on PFT?

At what point did you find you had to start managing heat during the rotation?

Did you have to use Rapid Shots at any point, if so at which juncture?

Where did you use your free RP?

I figured it would start causing delays around rotation 3 with the RS builds.

The good thing about the Norse rotation is it's much easier to follow the 12 second rule with some leeway to weave without having heat issues.

Just a few questions.

How long were your tests?

Did you use Explosive Fuel on and CD's on PFT?

At what point did you find you had to start managing heat during the rotation?

Did you have to use Rapid Shots at any point, if so at which juncture?

Where did you use your free RP?

Used my Free RP whenever I was missing 3+ ammo, all CDs used properly for ammo regen and conservation.

Tests went about 10 rotations of maxing DPS without trying to keep ammo high. Basically a PvP situation. A NORS build would pull farther ahead when trying to keep ammo high since you could easily use the extra space in the 12 second rule for hammer shots/rapid shots. Where as you need to keep Gut/RB going to use RS/HiB.

RB/Gut and RS/HiB are a complete waste now IMO. They do nothing but hinder PFT/PG stacking once your ammo is low in a long fight.

The only way RS/HiB will be able to be a proper fit in AP/Tactics is that they refesh the Gut/RB DoT and slow. The 2 ammo need to get the DoT to use HiB was painful once you get past 3-4 rotations where you're really going all out. Had I done longer tests the RS build would have basically ended up having the same rotation and the NORS build with low ammo.

From playing around with both builds today I have to say the NORS build seems to be the way to go. In any prolonged fight it wins due to better stacking of PFT and the fact you get to spend 8 points on other stuff.

Also make sure to use explosive surge (not sure what BH AE is called) to get stacks before a fight/keep stacks after a fight. You can run into a fight with 5 stacks blow relic/adrenal/battle awareness and just gib someone before the fight even starts.

Edited by Karandor

Hey guys, still in Monterey, has anyone got any numbers on the RS build yet? I think when I get back I am going to do a 5 minute rotation, and find out how many times I need to weave Rapid shots. Has anyone else found themselves using FB while waiting on PFT?

What cell are you using for the NORSE build?

Ah, another piece of information I left off. So much I left off the guide, thanks for bringing that up.

We use HEGC, the passive venting, 15 percent speed boost, and 8 percent damage across the board is necessary to fully utilize the build.

Has anyone done any solid dps logs for AP v Pyro yet in 1.2 or are there just not enough powertechs out there.

PvP wise i can see the advantages of both and could probably learn to play AP as well as i do pyro (only problem i have is the terrible client server lag and missing people with FT) however I am really not liking what the 1.2 patch did to pyros pve. Sure its just as effective but it just feels clunky and wrong having to try and factor in the ICD and having to change up your rotation any time you have lost time on target so that you do not waste a proc.

Has anyone done any solid dps logs for AP v Pyro yet in 1.2 or are there just not enough powertechs out there.

PvP wise i can see the advantages of both and could probably learn to play AP as well as i do pyro (only problem i have is the terrible client server lag and missing people with FT) however I am really not liking what the 1.2 patch did to pyros pve. Sure its just as effective but it just feels clunky and wrong having to try and factor in the ICD and having to change up your rotation any time you have lost time on target so that you do not waste a proc.

I am not sure anyone has done comparable dps specs. However, the PTS forums stated they were within 100 dps. I believe everyone is currently around 1100-1350 dps. Though no one ever got to top of the line gear. Give us a few weeks, and I will see what I can do.

I am not sure anyone has done comparable dps specs. However, the PTS forums stated they were within 100 dps. I believe everyone is currently around 1100-1350 dps. Though no one ever got to top of the line gear. Give us a few weeks, and I will see what I can do.

I was 1475 on the PvP boss on Tatooine for the AIDS event in AP. Mostly rakata, tioneese gun, columni chest.

Updated the front page to state that HEGC/HEC is the correct cylinder/Cell to use. Please let me know what else I am missing.

Should throw in something about lag in the 12s rotation. If it's over .5sec use an ability, if under wait for PFT. Or whatever the cutoff should be. Something along the lines of what we talked about.

Should throw in something about lag in the 12s rotation. If it's over .5sec use an ability, if under wait for PFT. Or whatever the cutoff should be. Something along the lines of what we talked about.

Done, thanks!

Seeing as I'm currently levelling a powertech (Pyro at the moment, because AP sucks until you get at least to tier 5 and only really starts to work once you hit 40) I am very interested in this topic.

However, for some reason the original post is missing when I look at it, leaving only a garbled mix of the site banner and title, with some other text behind it.

Am I the only one with this problem?