Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This very thread contradicts your point. It is an example of the many posts I have seen of people complaining about it. Yes, some are happy with the plague. Many are not, and they are complaining.

On top of that, as I said elsewhere, the fact is that the types of people most likely to be unhappy with things are also the types of people least likely to post on forums, or even know they exist.

Finally, please understand that I like-to-love the event itself, but I despise the plague aspect of it as implemented. Every other aspect of it is something you can choose to participate in or not. (Well, to a degree. I continue to insist that this is grossly unfair to players needing to go through Tatooine as the quest and level.) The plague takes it too far. It could even be maintained, but done just ever so slightly differently to prevent the few problems it is causing.

I see the same few people reiterating over and over that they don't like it. Like someone earlier said, when WoW did something like this, there were so many angry threads. But right now, we have a handful of people repeating themselves, while contained in one thread.

This event is GREAT. A suprise bit of content to support already existing content. I remember similar events for the pre-Wrath launch in wow. NOW THAT WAS "lolgriefinglol".

Many ways to avoid being "lolgriefed" during this one. Thinking the developers are attacking your gameplay is pretty selfish. Enjoy a dynamic live event for once. Not all game developers have a pair to roll something like this out.

Hats of to you Bioware! More events like this please!

I see the same few people reiterating over and over that they don't like it. Like someone earlier said, when WoW did something like this, there were so many angry threads. But right now, we have a handful of people repeating themselves, while contained in one thread.

It's also not the most active time of day for the forums, and I maintain that if this goes on more than a couple of days, you will start to see a tremendous number of complaints. Give it time. This will get old fast.

Do any of you guys bickering have a life, I mean really? This is why I don't get on the forums, when I do, it's nothing but posts like this. Back and forth. Please close this.

Meh, I dunno about anyone else, but I'm chilling at home while tabbing back and forth. Responding to people on forums doesn't take much effort. And I personally find it interesting debating gameplay issues.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Hope they will decide to lose you as a customer. For sure you are not a valued one.... Grow up Bimbominkia.

That pretty much sums it up. And really, claiming that the people that are upset are the silent majority? I'm pretty sure the general tone around these forums on your typical day is more than enough to disprove that claim.

I can't imagine how terrible this is for people just trying to level and do their quests on Tatooine, only to have a pack of 30 opposite faction 50s come and corpse camp them all day.

They even have enough to kill all the defenses at almost every medical respawn area and repeatedly kill you there, but even if they aren't doing that, there's certainly no way most level 25s are able to do ANY Dune sea material.

Happened to me. I still have no idea how I ended up flagged but somehow I did. I was experiencing major lag spikes so half the time (for about an hour) I was seeing a slide show. Anyway, I got ganked about 15 times...seriously. Heh. It was like a feeding frenzy. The opposition would stealth at quest objectives and pop out and BOOM, corp por, you suck. :D

But y'know what? No harm, no foul. Flag wore off, connect issues (on my route, naught to do with BW) settled down and I carried on.

After a bit I got my 27 out who was already on Tattooine and know what? He didn't have any issues at all. Just went about his questing as normal. Oh and took him to Fleet for crew skill training and even though there were a LOT of people infected, he was easily able to avoid it.

I dunno, guys, I mean I understand to a point getting grouchy about people interfering with what you were doing, but it's just for a short while and really, it can be avoided even without the vaccine.

Yes, because all the level 50s trying to get the world bosses and dailies done without the other faction interuppting are just happy to take several hours to go protect a guy while he quests.

That reminds me! A lvl. 50 pasted me (impressively quickly) in a puddle on the ground. Then all of a sudden he said: Oh! I am sorry! I didn't see that you weren't level 50.

:eek:

That's a first!

Of course, the rest of 'em were like rabid weasels and camping med centers but it's simple enough to wait 'til they get bored and go flying off elsewhere.

That reminds me! A lvl. 50 pasted me (impressively quickly) in a puddle on the ground. Then all of a sudden he said: Oh! I am sorry! I didn't see that you weren't level 50.

:eek:

That's a first!

Of course, the rest of 'em were like rabid weasels and camping med centers but it's simple enough to wait 'til they get bored and go flying off elsewhere.

Lol, that's pretty entertaining. :D

It's also not the most active time of day for the forums, and I maintain that if this goes on more than a couple of days, you will start to see a tremendous number of complaints. Give it time. This will get old fast.

it's perfectly avoidable. stop trying to ruin the fun everyone else is having with this new dynamic event they've got going.

Happened to me. I still have no idea how I ended up flagged but somehow I did. I was experiencing major lag spikes so half the time (for about an hour) I was seeing a slide show. Anyway, I got ganked about 15 times...seriously. Heh. It was like a feeding frenzy. The opposition would stealth at quest objectives and pop out and BOOM, corp por, you suck. :D

But y'know what? No harm, no foul. Flag wore off, connect issues (on my route, naught to do with BW) settled down and I carried on.

After a bit I got my 27 out who was already on Tattooine and know what? He didn't have any issues at all. Just went about his questing as normal. Oh and took him to Fleet for crew skill training and even though there were a LOT of people infected, he was easily able to avoid it.

I dunno, guys, I mean I understand to a point getting grouchy about people interfering with what you were doing, but it's just for a short while and really, it can be avoided even without the vaccine.

You must be on a PvE server. On PvP servers, there is no unflagging to help people actually get through their quests.

it's perfectly avoidable. stop trying to ruin the fun everyone else is having with this new dynamic event they've got going.

Stop trying to keep the fun ruined for all those who are not having fun with it.

See how easy that is?

Look, the reality of it is that right now, many are greatly enjoying things. Others are not. A well thought out dynamic event would be able to please both groups.

It's not a problem of every game not being able to please everyone, because all of these people did enjoy the game to be playing it in the first place. It's a matter of some people who did enjoy the game hating what's going on, and others loving it. Is there really no way to make it work for both?

Stop trying to keep the fun ruined for all those who are not having fun with it.

See how easy that is?

Look, the reality of it is that right now, many are greatly enjoying things. Others are not. A well thought out dynamic event would be able to please both groups.

It's not a problem of every game not being able to please everyone, because all of these people did enjoy the game to be playing it in the first place. It's a matter of some people who did enjoy the game hating what's going on, and others loving it. Is there really no way to make it work for both?

the reality is , you're a bunch of crybabies. there are ways available for you to opt out, use them and shut up already. they are trying to please those who complain, no matter what bioware does, by preemptively giving those who don't wish to participate the means to do so.

so effectively you're crying for nothing. hurray for forum QQrs!!

See how easy that is?

I hate to even bring this up, but I do because I can...

BioWare gave us all a free month. Maybe the Plague will last a month, maybe it won't, anyways, that month is free & costs us all nothing. If you're so unhappy, you could probably opt to not play for a while at no cost to yourself, y'know? Just a thought is all...

the reality is , you're a bunch of crybabies. there are ways available for you to opt out, use them and shut up already. they are trying to please those who complain, no matter what bioware does, by preemptively giving those who don't wish to participate the means to do so.

so effectively you're crying for nothing. hurray for forum QQrs!!

Oh? And how am I supposed to avoid participating?

How am I, for example, supposed to avoid hearing the annoying announcement every 5 minutes on the fleet?

How am I, for example, supposed to avoid spending money on vaccines when I die (which happens in every warzone, of course).

How am I, for example, supposed to avoid feeling slightly nauseous seeing people reeking with green fumes everywhere?

How am I supposed to sell any of my newly craftable items - which were bringing in a very nice income since the patch - when nobody even pays attention to the GTN anymore?

Tell me, how do I do these things?

my ONLY problem with this event is that my character is only level 43 so i cant effectively participate in it.

otherwise i think its absolutely awesome. sure its a bit of a rip off of the WoW scourge event, but who cares? that event was awesome then. this one is awesome now.

I LOVE the holonet news. i hope they keep that up with other news reports.

Sure you can. I have my level 31 doing it right now and might even see how my 27 fares.

The OP of this thread is the perfect example of how you can never, ever, ever please everyone....

God forbid anything in the game is emersive, sporadic or dynamic.

Perfect example of QQ really.

What's the problem with having something be doable, if you like, but avoidable, if you like?