Vette Storyline - Glitched or Intermittent?

FulcanMal

I'm worried that the storyline for Vette might be glitched, but I'm not sure enough to report it as a bug. Malavai has dialogue options all the time, but to be fair I gain affection with him much more rapidly. That would be that, except sometimes I see the 'Your companion wants to speak with you on your ship' icon, then when I get back to the ship there is no 'Mission Symbol' above their heads, and I cannot speak with them.

It would helpful to know exactly at what affection levels the new missions become available for each companion.

Edited by FulcanMal

I'm having the same concerns re: Vector. Something similar happened earlier in the game and I later ended up getting about five conversations at once, but I haven't had any dialogue since then. The icon indicating that he wanted to talk came up near the end of Taris, but when I got to the ship there was nothing and I haven't had any indicators since (I'm about 1/4 through Hoth quests now). Edited by Melindil

Same with me, Vector gave me several conversations (one after the other) on the ship and now nothing. Almost to 10k max affection with him and cant talk to him. I've put in a ticket but it is super frustrating. Making questing a bit boring now. Wish they would address this.

While there could be some issues with that specific companion for the class (I've only gone beyond Act 1 on a Jedi Knight), if you're getting the 'companion wants to speak' icon and then not getting any conversations on the ship I wouldn't worry about it. Same thing was happening to me about halfway through Act 1 but then once I completed it, I got another 4 or so conversations afterwards on the ship, including an actual companion quest.

In the end, I can say with almost certainty that companion progress is tied to story progress (baring any bugs/glitches like the one for the Knight's Kira companion, which I avoided). Hope this helps.

Vette signals she wish to speak to me once we reached Nar Shaddaa. I am not on good terms with her, but I know she has a quest here. Maybe the icon shows when in the correct area, but you won't get to talk to her if you are not at the correct level of reputation.

In other words, it is a bug, but don't worry...

:)

In the end, I can say with almost certainty that companion progress is tied to story progress (baring any bugs/glitches like the one for the Knight's Kira companion, which I avoided). Hope this helps.

This is my impression too, that companion conversations are tied to both affection and your progress through your class questline. It seems like there is a minor bug that you will see the 'companion wants to talk' icon when you hit the required affection level, but if you're not at the required story point you won't actually be able to talk to them. Then once you hit the right point in your story, the floodgates open and you get several conversations in a row until you hit the next stopping point for affection/story progress.