Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

• Dev Post
Neat.

What does class specific mean in this context though?

Class-specific means that only the Class that those Companions are originally from will be able to get them. So in this case...

• Risha & Corso - Smuggler only
  • Andronikos - Inquisitor only

So are all the returning companions going to be class specific from here out? I hope not, I made a smuggler clone of my agent and I'd like to be able to get Vector for her.

Many of them will be, but not all. It depends on the story we are telling with that particular Companion returning. I will make sure we note that for the future returns so you know which is which.

-eric

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.

Please end Ranked Season 9 and start Ranked Season 10 with 5.8! Also fix leaderboards. Thanks!

Many of them will be, but not all. It depends on the story we are telling with that particular Companion returning. I will make sure we note that for the future returns so you know which is which.

-eric

I have to say for me that's a positive. We can already have some many companions as it is so no need to add all of them to all characters. Also it means, I suppose, that they're not being forcefully written out by having to choose between two companions to have one live and the other die and such things. Hopefully it will also make the reunions a bit more personal as well.

As a sidenote, I would still like to have Acina as a companion. She's no longer part of the main story since people get to kill her if they choose the rep side so you can pull an Arcann for her as well. Just saying you know ;)

I have to say for me that's a positive. We can already have some many companions as it is so no need to add all of them to all characters. Also it means, I suppose, that they're not being forcefully written out by having to choose between two companions to have one live and the other die and such things. Hopefully it will also make the reunions a bit more personal as well.

Agreed! Though I would feel sad if Scourge and Jaesa were to be for tied to their class only as they are such exceptional characters. But for Scourge it would kind of make sense for him to only be for the Jedi Knight, or his "vision" would not be accurate.

Edited by Eshvara

hopefully they are holding most stuff back for a meatier expansion a bit later... a proper one as it were. I really hope we get one this year as its past time we did...

you must be new here..... :)

We get the crumbs left under the table. Has been that way for some years now. - Not announced in a timely fashion and still not tested completely when it is released.

Still CM market in rude health ., That alone speaks volumes.

If I had more faith in EAware, I'd hold out hope that we'd get a "Play as Lord Scourge" bonus chapter where we get to do that whatever it was as him... but I don't have enough faith in them.

I suspect they won't do so because the story should be understandable even for those who did not play all classes. Giving 1 companion a greater role than others in ways that connect to his original story background (for example: Torian in chapter 14 is OK because his background doesn't matter besides him being Mandalorian once. Same goes for Scorpio, whose original background is barely mentioned in the agent's original story, and same with all companions returning so far. They limit their intrusion into the new story to things that aren't based on their role in the original story (for example Kaliyo doesn't mention she used to work with an imperial agent). It would be awesome if special companions such as Scourge, or Kira (without further details), had some active role while Valkorion was alive, but I think that even if the story was written like that, they will not make it playable, won't make a lot of sense for a BountyHunter to play it, for example.

I do hope now that a certain padawan will use her special powers on the Outlander to verify that Valkorion is gone. Could be a nice way to recall her powers which are almost completely forgotten beside the companion conversations...

Please end Ranked Season 9 and start Ranked Season 10 with 5.8! Also fix leaderboards. Thanks!
I hope they don't start season 10 before they deal with the acid problem. People exploiting it gets more and more common. Unchecked it might end up being the only viable comp in ranked

Class-specific means that only the Class that those Companions are originally from will be able to get them. So in this case...

• Risha & Corso - Smuggler only
  • Andronikos - Inquisitor only

-eric

You still haven't answered the most important part for me.... IS THIS GONNA BE AN ALLIANCE ALERT? Will it be VOICED? Will it have a dynamic camera? Or is it the much maligned setup that the other alliance alerts share?

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Agreed! Though I would feel sad if Scourge and Jaesa were to be for tied to their class only as they are such exceptional characters. But for Scourge it would kind of make sense for him to only be for the Jedi Knight, or his "vision" would not be accurate.

Technically wasn't the vision complete with Valkorion dead? I think he can now join everyone, at least in that aspect.

Just pictured a nice story: Scourge attacks the Outlander because he knows that he hosts the emperor's spirit. Only after a long fight (and as the story usually goes in this game, scourge will have an army at you), Jaesa who is actually a very fitting companion to scourge, gets close enough to sense that there is no Valkorion in you. Then you get both as companions (or if BioWare wanna be eternally cursed: Scourge doesn't believe her and gotta die)

A general script of course, but they can still consider it ;)

Technically wasn't the vision complete with Valkorion dead? I think he can now join everyone, at least in that aspect.

Just pictured a nice story: Scourge attacks the Outlander because he knows that he hosts the emperor's spirit. Only after a long fight (and as the story usually goes in this game, scourge will have an army at you), Jaesa who is actually a very fitting companion to scourge, gets close enough to sense that there is no Valkorion in you. Then you get both as companions (or if BioWare wanna be eternally cursed: Scourge doesn't believe her and gotta die)

Perhaps with Valkorion gone, he'll want to go back and rebuild the Empire he wanted to protect from the Emperor...

But his vision should only happen with the Jedi Knight, if you play as an IA, the Jedi Knight is probably dead, therefore his vision couldn't have happened and he was wrong?:rak_02:

So, if the only classes that get back each of their respected companions, will the dialogue be different for a males and female Smug/Inq? Will smugglers who married Risha get different dialogue than those who let Risha marry that diplomat guy? (Etc for other classes) Just want someone to clarify.

• Dev Post
You still haven't answered the most important part for me.... IS THIS GONNA BE AN ALLIANCE ALERT? Will it be VOICED? Will it have a dynamic camera? Or is it the much maligned setup that the other alliance alerts share?

Yes, it will be an Alliance Alert. However, it will be a cinematic and not a "KOTOR-style" conversation like the other alerts.

-eric

Yes, it will be an Alliance Alert. However, it will be a cinematic and not a "KOTOR-style" conversation like the other alerts.

-eric

How much content is this?

Will they both be done after a few lines of dialogue? Given there is no replay on alts for these unless your alt is one of those classes who you have gotten all the way through Kotet how much of a role will these companions have?

Will they appear in the story afterwards. We have seen people ranting about if we can kill Theron he will be out of the story for good. Yet these companions will not even return for the vast majority of characters so can we expect this alliance alert to be the only time they will ever have anything to do with the game from here on out?

It seems that if your not interested in an operation boss and may not may not have taken these alts through the one size fits all story of Kotet then there is no content coming in 5.7? Would this be fair?

Then my Sage have nothing to do in next 2 months expect Scyva. Nice.

Then what now? .. I have Darth Rahkshi Sorcerer who completed all story and will can meet he's wonderful pirate but with smuggler i must done KoTFE and KoTET to get this alert with Corso and Risha? What chapter unlock this alerts? Nine of KoTFE? Or need done it all?

It seems that if your not interested in an operation boss and may not may not have taken these alts through the one size fits all story of Kotet then there is no content coming in 5.7? Would this be fair?
- totally point for you. Edited by Trlance

How much content is this?

This is the real problem I have (as I mentioned in another thread). If you don't do operations, and you aren't on a smuggler or inquisitor character, you get nothing in January 2018... nothing but a promise about some vague "roadmap" post in the next couple months and the promise that, eventually, there will be another flashpoint as your "content".

What a complete about-face from the "Bioware style storytelling" of the KOTET and KOTFE releases.

"Great"...I cant wait for another 2 months of nothing to do...unless i roll out a smuggler through KOTFE/KOTET and I will have 10-20 min mission to do for 2 months....even better! And then wohoo the huge pile of content that a FP is...for another 2-3 months.....then rinse and repeat right? Unbelievable.

"Great"...I cant wait for another 2 months of nothing to do...unless i roll out a smuggler through KOTFE/KOTET and I will have 10-20 min mission to do for 2 months....even better! And then wohoo the huge pile of content that a FP is...for another 2-3 months.....then rinse and repeat right? Unbelievable.

Emotions aside, I do find myself in a spot where I am rather a bit bored with the game. Haven't really played this week, just logged in for a couple of GTN sales and logged out again.

What's happening right now is still the fall out of Galactic Command as far as I'm concerned. I already can't be bothered doing ranked group pvp anymore and there's not really an alternative. The double event worked because it sorta felt like I was still going somewhere with gearing my toons. For all intents and purposes I am ready for the next expansion.

The current one sadly had a number of things that didn't work out. Uprisings and Iokath dailies come to mind and for me also KotFE/ET has no replay value for me. The newer FPs I do like but I can only do them so often without getting bored again of course.

There are some raiding guilds but they're focusing mostly on achievements I already have and the new ops won't be tackled properly until the last boss is out. Of course some players are doing them already so that's also divided the raiders up. The downside of boss per boss releases.

I think it's time for a break, which is fine, but it's happening more often in the last two years. That's not a good trend for me but an RNG system for rewarding doesn't work for me and having to do PvP to get my BiS PvE gear also doesn't work for me.

I don't mind putting some effort into it but I like to make a plan and go for it. But the fact that doing last boss GF SM Ops runs and ranked group warzones in farm mode are the best, fastest and most efficient way to gear up to BiS doesn't sit well with me. It trivializes all the content that is harder and ranked pvp at the same time and rewards easy moding over beating challenges. It's just unintelligent and therefore gets boring for me really fast. That's why I'm bored really. But trying to do harder content is tricky right now because there are hardly any pugs for HM (Even EV and KP mind you) and within guilds you don't often get to do the content that you haven't beaten yet because a lot of people are newer and playing catch up.

Not sure when my sub runs out and I'm not quitting as I expect to be back but I definitely am not really playing the game at the moment cause it's just not interesting enough right now. I'm hoping the next expansion will bring something that has a bit more of a lasting value.