Customer Service Ticket Response Typos

michaelcshow

That is also not from a customer service rep. They have precise scripts that they must follow when responding. That looks like somebody's kid wrote that.

I would PM that message to Musco and see what he has to say about it.

Here is the response I received:

https://imgur.com/BbjjiMI

If I wrote such an unprofessional appearing response to a customer I wouldn't have a job.

I deliberately left out the support rep's name as I don't name names, but if this is the standard of a response it should be internally addressed.

And I thought my last few customer service responses were bad! Mine were riddled with misspellings and bad grammar too (and that's been normal for the past two years now), but yours tops them easily. Hiring managers at EAWare must have dropped their standards into the sewers.

And I thought my last few customer service responses were bad! Mine were riddled with misspellings and bad grammar too (and that's been normal for the past two years now), but yours tops them easily. Hiring managers at EAWare must have dropped their standards into the sewers.

Mine had proper spelling and grammar, but absolutely no understanding of how the game works.

If I wrote such an unprofessional appearing response to a customer I wouldn't have a job.

I deliberately left out the support rep's name as I don't name names, but if this is the standard of a response it should be internally addressed.

Unprofessional would be putting it mildly.

Over the last couple years dealing with Customer Service, I've noticed a steady decline over the quality of ticket responses.

After Bioware outsourced their Customer Service center to the Phillipines, it took a nose dive for the worse.

I had to wait six weeks for CS to get back to me. The response i was given closing my ticket was saturated with poor grammar, an unfamiliarity of how the game works, and a lack of knowledge of how to do their job.

This Rep claimed they couldn't manually restore what i was missing, when in the past this wasn't an issue with another Rep.

Its painfully oblivious that English is not their first language.

At this point, actually getting a response back to tickets has become a formality. With any luck, you might get somebody Semi competent willing to work with you.

But the days of actually getting a CS Rep willing to go above and beyond for you are long gone.

If Bioware wants to restore players confidence with this outsourced Customer Servive center in Manila, then these Reps need more training, they need to be proficient in English, and actually play SWTOR so they can better connect & relate to other players ticket queries.

Not surprised by the typos. I've placed 3 customer service calls for one of my pref accounts in the past month. Never before do I remember having to ask the rep to repeat what he said because his Indian accent is so thick.

I can only conclude that they've offshored their help center some time in the last year. Never had that problem before.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Dev Post

Appreciate the heads up on this, I will pass it on to the team. If you ever see anything like this in the future please send me that information directly.

Thanks.

-eric

Appreciate the heads up on this, I will pass it on to the team. If you ever see anything like this in the future please send me that information directly.

Thanks.

-eric

Nearly every ticket I've ever created has gotten a response almost exactly like OP's. Misunderstanding of the issue, filled with typos, and generally gibberish.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

From my experience there is a huge gap between very helpful CS employees with high knowledge about the game machanics and CS emloyees that don't even know that you're talking about SWTOR.

When I reached out to CS for character titles that I didn't get because they were bugged I'd just send the same ticket every day until I got a person that took time to chat with me, even let me finish my raid and also help me with other things and answering questions about unrelated topics. But in order to get there I had to go through 2 bot answers and 2 answers like OP's.

I'm glad I never had a serious account or payment issue so far, I don't want to take part in a lottery when it comes to such things.

They have precise scripts that they must follow when responding. That looks like somebody's kid wrote that.

And even though this should be true, when I reported wintraders at the end of S10 I was getting these familiar sounding scripted responses, but each one of them was still very different. As if they treated my reports differently, even though the topic was the same, just about different individuals.

Thanks for aknowledging @EricMusco. This is definitely something you guys should look over.

Mine had proper spelling and grammar, but absolutely no understanding of how the game works.

Yes, that matters more than any typos in the answer as Long as you understand what CS is trying to tell you. At least, he/she got an answer on his ticket and a solution for his Problem. This complaint or "Bug Report" is exaggerated and distracts from actuals Problems.

Edited by Oeconomicus

Nearly every ticket I've ever created has gotten a response almost exactly like OP's. Misunderstanding of the issue, filled with typos, and generally gibberish.

Same here. Outsourced to overseas is probably why. I get similar responses with some of my home utilities which have been outsourced-to-overseas customer services for which English is not the first language. It's the world we live in but does not help customers get solutions in the short term and can be at best frustrating.

Edited by Sarova