Which Generation of Fan Are You?

valin-krai

Which generation of fan are you? Did you become a fan when the OT was coming out in theaters? What about during the dark ages when only a few novels and comics were there to fill the void? Were you like me and found Star Wars as the prequels/special editions were coming out? Or are you part of The Clone Wars generation?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the movies? I was born in 89, so just enjoyed the movies as a kid, didn't get massively into it.

But the real subject on hand, or what should be the subject on hand, is when did you first play, and fall in love with KOTOR, which this game is based off. I played it when it first came out in 2003, and it is and always will be one of the greatest, and beats the movies any day.

What I'm trying to say is... it was KOTOR that made me a true fan, and it's the TOR era that brought me to this game.

PS: I think there is way too much movie talk, and too little KOTOR talk. If you didn't get to experience KOTOR back in the day, you can still pick it up on Steam for $5, and it works on windows 7. ;)

Edited by PutinDoesJudo

For the movies? I was born in 89, so just enjoyed the movies as a kid, didn't get massively into it.

But the real subject on hand, or what should be the subject on hand, is when did you first play, and fall in love with KOTOR, which this game is based off. I played it when it first came out in 2003, and it is and always will be one of the greatest, and beats the movies any day.

What I'm trying to say is... it was KOTOR that made me a true fan, and it's the TOR era that brought me to this game.

PS: I think there is way too much movie talk, and too little KOTOR talk. If you didn't get to experience KOTOR back in the day, you can still pick it up on Steam for $5, and it works on windows 7. ;)

I was referring to when you became a fan.

IE)

1977 - 1983

1984-1996

1997-2007

2007 - present

KotOR fits in the Prequel generation if thats how you found Star Wars.

Born in 77, so naturally I wasn't around to see any of the originals in the cinema. My earliest memory was a few years later when I was just a kid and saw the intro for ANH on TV long after bedtime. Mom chased me to bed just as Darth Vader showed up, and I didn't get to see the complete movie until the early 90s. Still, that imagine, that music and that character left an impression on me I have to this day. Even now I remember the feeling of not knowing what to expect, and then being blown away. My neighbors had several of the toys, and I read a few of the comic books and loved all of it.

The only annoying this is a comic book spoiled the Darth Vader-mystery, which was a letdown when I saw the movies. Oh, and don't forget the games. My personal favorite is by far TIE Fighter, but many of them were awesome. It's a shame we haven't had a great SW-game in a long time, though. I thought KotOR was merely ok, and even Old Republic was a letdown. It's grown on me, but not so much I'm addicted yet. I'm working on that, though. :D

Born in 98. Parents told me they took me to see Episode I in theatres when I was 1. My first words were Star Wars. I saw all the OT by the time I was 5. Saw Episode II twice in theatres, and Episode III three times. I have all the special editions, plus all of the original theatrical realeases of the Original Triology.

I was born in 1987, and my mom saw it when it came out. My mom has been a sci-fi fan for a long time and raised me on Star Trek. As a girl growing up in the 90s, I didn't get to see very many strong women in movies for kids, so my mom felt it was really important for me to see Star Wars because Princess Leia was a wise and strong woman. She also felt like it was one of the greatest stories of cinema and wanted me to see it. So when I was 11 and it came back to theatres she took me to see it. I didn't really get heavily into it but I loved the movie and Leia did stick with me as an example of a female character I wanted to be like.

My dad took me to the theatre for Empire Strike Back as a little kid and been hooked ever since. My hole family loves the saga and now i am glad to share it with my kids. I still got the VHS of the OT and couple of the toys that my kids play with now.

Born in 93, so i was 5 when the phantom menace came out in cinemas, got really into star wars in 2002 when attack of the clones came out and just been a fan ever since.

Same here. Got hooked when I got a VHS of The Phantom Menace in the Easter of 2000. If only my parents knew 10 years later their son would be attending a Star Wars convention and waiting over 7 hours to see George Lucas.

The first time I saw the movies when I was around eight (1996) I was hooked. By the time the GameCube was out and they were making more Rogue Squadron games my friends and I would trade off levels and when we got to the Death Star II level I just started naming the names of the different ships (both class and "Christened" names) until they finally told me to shut up and just play the game.

I guess I'm the "Inbetweener" generation.

Born the year RoTJ came out, and grew up watching them from being recorded off tv until the Digitally Remastered versions were released in '95.

Same here, those were truely the dark ages of star wars, the most exciting thing that happened in those times were the release of Shadows of the Empire toys. It sucked as being a kid just as the Star Wars fad was dying out and it was a pain in the *** to find the toys (it's not like we had online stores or any of that stuff to order from).

I was honestly a fan the entire time through the dark ages, and not sure about anyone else but it felt kinda depressing in those days.

Although I was disappointed with the prequels I can give thanks to them for helping bring SW back in full force. I don't care how much you hate the prequels, SW would pretty much be dead right now if it wasn't for them - Then again I think that could be debateable, just my opinion of course.