Star Wars: The Old Republic Insider Episode 4

CourtneyWoods

what are you talkign about? i think this is gonna be the best update ever (in this game)

Read the previous page.

Bioware changed certain gear from previous packs. Gear that cost people real money. A lot of people did not like the fact that they changed the look of the gear they spent money on. Now, a new patch comes out and they "listened to the fans" and put the old look that people liked in the "new" cartel packs that cost real money. Thus the people that want to get the old armor look back has to spend more money to get it when they already had it to begin with. IE they are being cheated.

I thought the spymaster et al stuff was going to be replaced in the last patch and people were going to get one of each. Seems a little like they are putting stuff into the game as new which is in effect old but was taken out by Bioware?

What about new outifts? Are any of them coming to the cartel market?

Read the previous page.

Bioware changed certain gear from previous packs. Gear that cost people real money. A lot of people did not like the fact that they changed the look of the gear they spent money on. Now, a new patch comes out and they "listened to the fans" and put the old look that people liked in the "new" cartel packs that cost real money. Thus the people that want to get the old armor look back has to spend more money to get it when they already had it to begin with. IE they are being cheated.

No, they aren't being cheated. They already said they were going to add those first versions to the Cartel Market. And the ones that already have them get a new set for free. See: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5734634#edit5734634

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes made to the Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits in Patch 1.6.2. In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), we are going to offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs. Players will be able to obtain (via Cartel Packs) both the “Classic” (pre 1.6.2) versions of the outfits and the current versions (post 1.6.2).

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks? We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.

We will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then (don’t worry, we will let people know well ahead of time when the next Game Update will go live). If we find that you own these pieces, we will mail you the “Classic” versions of these items. These extra outfit pieces will be unbound, so you may do whatever you like with them. If an item is on the GTN during the maintenance when we make this change, the auction will be canceled and you will receive both versions of the item in the mail after we come back out of maintenance.

We feel that this is the best possible design decision to make all of our players happy and we will continue to improve our internal processes in order to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for continuing to support Star Wars: The Old Republic.

No, they aren't being cheated. They already said they were going to add those first versions to the Cartel Market. And the ones that already have them get a new set for free. See: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5734634#edit5734634

They haven't confirmed if they are giving the free gear in this patch though. I've been trying to get clarification, because they said they'd give everyone fair warning but here it is the night before the next major patch and they haven't really said anything about it except they are releasing the original in new cartel packs which isn't what was promised.

They haven't confirmed if they are giving the free gear in this patch though. I've been trying to get clarification, because they said they'd give everyone fair warning but here it is the night before the next major patch and they haven't really said anything about it except they are releasing the original in new cartel packs which isn't what was promised.

to answer your statement....

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks?

-----HERE-----> We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost. <-----HERE-----

----MORE HERE----->We will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then (don’t worry, we will let people know well ahead of time when the next Game Update will go live). If we find that you own these pieces, we will mail you the “Classic” versions of these items. These extra outfit pieces will be unbound, so you may do whatever you like with them. If an item is on the GTN during the maintenance when we make this change, the auction will be canceled and you will receive both versions of the item in the mail after we come back out of maintenance.<-----THERE IS YOUR ANSWER BRAH-----

OK first of all who fed Bruce all the M&M's?!!...seriously...I get excited about the updates...if I got THAT excited I'd wear a nappy just in case I did myself a mischief. Can you tell me what colour the sky is on the planet you come from?!!:)

Secondly, To all the wingers who are banging on about the old sets / new sets of armor and "Oh you didn't warn us properly" - They said the old set would be provided free of charge as long as you had the new one equiped or in your cargo hold at the time the next game update was realeased.

THEY TOLD US the new game update was coming 4 days ago!

If I was able to read that and figure out that if I saved all my credits and bought the 4 related armor sets on the GTN that I'd get 4 more I don't know how others couldn't do the same...or just hang on to the stuff you got. I am not a genius but when I breathe in and out slowly and read stuff carefully I can figure out what to do!

Deep breaths everyone, deep breaths......you too Bruce :)

After this video i really miss the good old days with Dallas Dickinson. At least he spoke with more adult enthusiasm and not as if he was speaking to some 12 year olds, no offence Bruce im sure you're a terriffic dude. Did Dickinson quit or something? :p

Anyway well i don't know how much more EXCITING this content will be. The game is designed to be storytelling and story-engaging. Don't really see much of that at all in the new content these days, just more ways for people to waste money in-game. Guess we'll see what the next expansion brings. A capitalistic problem? :rolleyes: Hope that wasn't too philosophical for you all :eek:

So, I knew Bruce when he was in the army. The over the top excitement is not faked. He is really that excite when he talks about things

Doug porter

Ya think we can get him excited about fixing the repair bill debacle?

"Just introduced is the new and exciting repair bill credit sink! Now you can enjoy raiding and then further enjoy running mindless content just to keep your head above water! We've listened to our players, just not on this issue. Enjoy!" LOL

Not sure how a development team can, at the same time, pat themselves on the back while shooting themselves in the foot....but these guys seem to have it down to a science.....add new and exciting content then dash everyone's spirit with a bone-head move like the repair bill issue.

Edited by Blackardin

• 2 weeks later...