Maintenance: May 7th, 2013

AmberGreen

Apparently so, right along side a bugged chest piece.

Can't wait to see how "good" the EA Star Wars games will be.... :rolleyes:

B/c SWTOR is a pretty good indication on how their version quality control is handled under their reign.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... fixes don't happen in minutes. Or hours. Or days. ...

Perhaps, but obviously broken features should never get released. Bolster and crafting in particular. These were identified on the PTS yet they still got pushed out. If this is getting pushed out due to politics, that's gotta stop. If they're getting released because their revision control is broken, misconfigured or non-existent, they need to address that ASAP.

Releasing significantly broken systems should have WORSE consequences than releasing things late. If something does get released and cannot be fixed in a day or two, then i must be reverted until fixed and QA'd properly (full regression!)

Edited by PlasmaJohn

Perhaps, but obviously broken features should never get released. Bolster and crafting in particular. These were identified on the PTS yet they still got pushed out. If this is getting pushed out due to politics, that's gotta stop. If they're getting released because their revision control is broken, misconfigured or non-existent, they need to address that ASAP.

Releasing significantly broken systems should have WORSE consequences than releasing things late. If something does get released and cannot be fixed in a day or two, then i must be reverted until fixed and QA'd properly (full regression!)

First off -- I agree. Obviously broken features shouldn't be released. And, they weren't.

Yes, partial blame needs to be placed on EA for pushing BW to release this stuff on a tight schedule. But -- they FIXED the major PTS bolster issues. In doing so, they created an edge case. They got this fixed within what, 3 days of release? Because people were screaming about it. But, because they rushed a hot-fix, they opened up another issue.

Partial blame all around here. The community, for being less than understanding. EA for being tyrannical. And BW for not being as excellent with QA as they should be. Seems to me, the last time they delayed a patch (for 2 days), people were absolutely furious. Yet, they delayed it to make sure a large bug wasn't introduced. So, they did exactly what people wanted, and they still weren't happy.

Full regression will never happen in most agile environments. They simply don't have the time or resources to do that. And they will NEVER revert something -- because that causes *more* issues that it solves, when you're dealing with a live environment such as an MMO.

If I'm reading it right, they're taking the servers down because of instability, likely the root of the severe lag and disconnection problems many people are having.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with bolster, gear, or any other game mechanisms. For anyone to expect them to address those kinds of things when they're working on a completely different problem is totally unreasonable.

I've been a harsh critic of Bioware's development of the game, but I can't criticise this. They're addressing a problem that has to be fixed, they can't fix everything at once. Cut them some slack; if I can, we all can.