why i'm considering to quit...message to Bioware

psysention

I agree with the OP.

my guild is a casual one and they clear normal 8 man in the first run... even WOW is not that easy (LFR doesn't count :p).

my other concern is why do i need to run FP's to gear up for ops when ops gives the same gear as HM Fp's?

For example from my experience:

I ran HM 10 times (2 week) only to get 1 columi token and 1 purple. When i do ops i get 3 purple and 1 offhand weapon token in 1 day...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First the OP was writing what people call satire, at least some form of it. Hehe. Satirical writing can be found in literature all the way back to Johnathan Swift. But that's a lesson you would need to pay me to teach you.

my other concern is why do i need to run FP's to gear up for ops when ops gives the same gear as HM Fp's?

This is a valid concern, but think of it this way. For those that have small guilds, they can do HM FPs for tier 1 raids.

The Raiding in the game was set up to be easy to get into and hard to master, which I think they should've rethought. But then again, WoW followed up with LFR. SWToR's Normal modes were in the game for the last 5 months.

Bioware should've made it more grindy at first, that way the casuals would've just gone back to their casual guilds in WoW.

Edited by Dranzen

Why I am past the considering stage of quiting:

Since my thread made Bw butthurt presumably, here is my crtiticism again.

This is just a single player game, people don't really talk outside guilds, there is no real place to go hang out. Much earlier MMOs than this allowed neutral areas for all factions where they couldn't attack each other, but could hangout I always think of MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf when playing this game. Where everyone runs around the base waiting for a match to start. Just like sitting at the republic fleet.

GREEEEAT job on making every single endgame character look exactly the same, because everyone who has worked hard to get to 50 really wants to spend their time grinding for the same armor everyone else has. NOT. I suggest making multiple armor sets, which there are different ways to get

This is just a little side thing but I find it very annoying. I havn't ever in 10 years played an online game where you could not add people to your friends list unless they are online. So bioware, when we sign offline we suddenly don't exist?? pathetic??

Also, changing the name and the color of an armor set does not make it new. Same goes for charging 200 commendations for mounts which you changed the color of. You guys added nothing significant to this game.

And for those of you hurting to say "it's just the beginning, what you expect." Judging by whats been attempted thus far, the game will never improve enough to really be an enjoyable star wars MMO. Yay everyone lets run around with the same robe and on the same mount with the same little sandcrawler following us. Sucks how its been two months and most of the classes are pissed off about nerfs. I have to change the way I fight because things weren't properly balanced to begin with?

Ok so I got to 50 and decided, "ok there is nothing to do but ateast I can PvP and get some gear bags with a fun chance to get a piece of gear. I was on my way to completing my champion set, having a good time with the random bags. Now there have been two PvP gear system *uck ups. I still need the same three champion pieces of armor that i did before it got screwed up. Yes bioware, I would have played with your random gear bag system. No, I will not spend my time grinding commendations. The system you guys had to get gear before was nice, now it is simple and repetitive, like the rest of the game.

Consider me incapacitated by your Endgame, and screwing up the gear bags are the Deathblow, from which I won't be reviving this month.

Where it took SOE a couple years to start nerfing and killing the game, it took you guys a couple months, do not attempt another MMO BW, I hope EA doesn't damage their name further by working with you guys on an online game again.

What is here to pay monthly for???

Edited by AlmightyGrain

He is? :eek:

Guess I need more coffee as I just woke up... Lol

Going to take a whole lot more coffee for me... I see satire at the start but it kind of meanders off about halfway down into something else. Maybe I wasn't supposed to actually read the whole thing :cool:

Why does it always seem like after I read all of these posts saying "well this game doesn't have the exact specifications of my ideal mmo so I basically don't like it and quit" It is a very solid game and BW is working to make new and improved content for end game and what ever else, hood display options...getting really tired of reading that one, that fact is if you don't like the game, then DON'T play it. The only real issue I feel as the game engine...but I am guessing they will improve it overtime...and how long has this game been out...hmm lets see a roughly around 2 months...

Going to take a whole lot more coffee for me... I see satire at the start but it kind of meanders off about halfway down into something else. Maybe I wasn't supposed to actually read the whole thing :cool:

I'm wondering if the OP's style of removing key words was also part of it. If so, then it may be a 4 out of 10.

Also the fact he never posted after the initial 2 posts should be key to MMO satire posts, at least from the WoW forums.

Edited by Dranzen

If I ever rage quit it's because they haven't added image designers or an appearance tab. FFS Bioware. The only thing keeping me here is my guild, and I'm sure they will burn out as well if there is no image design or appearance tab in the next 6 months. If not, have fun being carbon copies of everyone else biodrones. Edited by AFKGCWBOT

I will wait untill patch 1.2

If that patch, does not bring something that will make me log on most of the days in the week, then i am not gona pay for it anymore.

I'm tired of loging on only on tuesdays to clear EV and KP in 4 hours and then have nothing else to do for the res tof the week in the game due to lack of content (both single player content and group content ->4-16<-), and no, pvp is not something i enjoy and wouldent want to pvp for 7 days anyway.

Add content that makes me log in and play daily, or im quiting if patch 1.2 doesnt add that.

Just one comment - the designer was probably referring to DDO, not the pnp game, and that game is an MMO, and does have "end game". As a matter of fact, currently, to reach level cap, you have to repeatedly run the dungeons (with diminishing returns on the xp). DDO is also getting ready to release it's first paid expansion. I would guess Bioware grabbed him off of Turbine's DDO team.

I will wait untill patch 1.2

If that patch, does not bring something that will make me log on most of the days in the week, then i am not gona pay for it anymore.

I'm tired of loging on only on tuesdays to clear EV and KP in 4 hours and then have nothing else to do for the res tof the week in the game due to lack of content (both single player content and group content ->4-16<-), and no, pvp is not something i enjoy and wouldent want to pvp for 7 days anyway.

Add content that makes me log in and play daily, or im quiting if patch 1.2 doesnt add that.

I guess you can go and do your dailies.

You do know the OP was writing satirically. The world first 50 was not an assasin and it was not in 3 days. Also Nightmare mode full clear of EV wasn't until mid January.

I'm wondering if the OP's style of removing key words was also part of it. If so, then it may be a 4 out of 10.

Also the fact he never posted after the initial 2 posts should be key to MMO satire posts, at least from the WoW forums.

I think the reason it's not so easy to spot as satire is it fails to meet one of the prereqs for good satire. It creates ridicule over this kind of gamer sure.. but there's no aftertaste requiring any thought.

I'll go back to my bucket of coffee and reread again later.

I think the reason it's not so easy to spot as satire is it fails to meet one of the prereqs for good satire. It creates ridicule over this kind of gamer sure.. but there's no aftertaste requiring any thought.

I'll go back to my bucket of coffee and reread again later.

I wouldn't waste your time. It's definitely not worth it except for this awesome gem:

Secondly, 1 guy for 3 jobs.. what is this??? > lemme explain...

GABE AMANTANGELO

Don't forget this name cause this is the name of the person who singlehandly DESTROYED the Star Wars's good name.

This guy has 3 title in Bioware's Old republic. Which is,

Lead PvP designer

Lead Flashpoints designer

Lead Operations designer

I actually laughed out loud at that.

Let's look at all the forums what we see > Trolls, Noobs , Flamers, Whiners, Fanbois..

Honestly i wanna read some decent and productive discussions and swtor forums are the worst community forums i have ever seen in my 29 years of life. i'm sorry, i don't wanna offend anybody but this is the truth...

Isn't he doing the same thing he is ************ about in this post.... o and btw pretty colors... that is all.

I wouldn't waste your time. It's definitely not worth it except for this awesome gem:

I actually laughed out loud at that.

Ummm, no, I don't think so. I don't see any satire in this, he was pretty thorough, and made it clear he wasn't writing it for anyone but BW, after attempting other ways. And he hits a lot of things square on the head too. Not sure why you keep insisting its not real, I'm feeling pretty sure it is.

Another ultimate advertisement for a game I have no intention of playing. LOL

Good luck in your future endeavors, OP. You may be a little too hardcore for this game at the moment.

Oh and CryEngine 2 can't handle too many players at once as an MMO engine either. FPS drops and lag begins as soon as too many players are in the same area in PVP.

__

And for God's sake, people, please stop using red text on black backgrounds. I understand it looks fine in the little editing window because you're still seeing white on black but you cannot read this crap when you use these dark colors on a dark background.

If you really want your stuff to be read, make it readable. That is all.

Edited by Kubernetic

i'm a hardcore mmo player, i do not have job or school.. my only life is gaming in winter season.. during summers i prefer leaving my apartment.. anyways thats besides the point..

Last september when i learned there is an ongoing swtor beta, i worked so hard and 2 days later i got my first beta account.. after the character wipe i was the first lvl 50 mercenary on darth malak server.. After reaching 50 on beta, game felt empty.. those days there was no pvp items, even flashpoint bosses were dropping green items.. only way to get item was to mod gear..

Me and a lot of people were so hyped about the game, even tho i knew there was no decent end-game in the game... i tho it could be implemented with the release..

After early-release i started on Tomb of Freedon Nadd server, in 3 days i reached 50 with my Assassin.. I found couple good hardcore gamers and we started to hang out.. in a week i cleared all hardmode flashpoint content.. same week i lead the first PUG raid to clear Eternity Vault on that server. in 2 weeks i cleared all hard mode raid content with PUGS. I continued my journey and i formed the best pvp/pve guild on TOFN empire side. I lead a team to clear all nightmare content in less than 2 hours. I helped many gamers with the basics of this games so-called high-end pve.. i farmed full rakata gear to more than 20 players. My guild officers reported all the known Soa bugs to live support CSR, some of em was not even in their "issue database".. According to me even 13yrs old kids can clear the nightmare content in this game.. not to mention according to EULA 13 yrs old can't even play this game.. ironic..

Besides pve, i did intensive pvp in this game. I reached rank 60 before ilum changes, my current main character has full battlemaster gear not to mention my apprentice xalek also full battlemaster/rakata. pvp is quite boring, it's just gear fight in this game.. whoever has the gear hits 4k 5k crits with 18-24k hp.. whoever dun have gear has 12k-15k hp with 1.5k-3k crits.. there is no balance not to mention CC fest. resolve is a joke, you don't need a system like resolve, just add debuff to character and that character can't be CC'ed for certain amount of time.. And also there is Ilum.. before Ilum changes it was much better.. now its zergfest.. i don't even go there, according to me 5-15fps is not good for pvp.. people buffing raid, people with aoe spamming, healers aoe healing, melee characters buffing, tnaks guarding.. eventually people farming valor.. Farming valor is not pvp.. it's just grind for gear and title.... not to mention i think whoever carries a pvp title in this game is just a wannabe noob.. There is not much to even talk about because there is no decent pvp in the game.. only decent pvp is if 2x geared raids meet in warzone thats all.

Lack of pve and pvp content is not the only reason.

Let's look at all the forums what we see > Trolls, Noobs , Flamers, Whiners, Fanbois..

Honestly i wanna read some decent and productive discussions and swtor forums are the worst community forums i have ever seen in my 29 years of life. i'm sorry, i don't wanna offend anybody but this is the truth...

Secondly, 1 guy for 3 jobs.. what is this??? > lemme explain...

GABE AMANTANGELO

Don't forget this name cause this is the name of the person who singlehandly DESTROYED the Star Wars's good name.

This guy has 3 title in Bioware's Old republic. Which is,

Lead PvP designer

Lead Flashpoints designer

Lead Operations designer

3 jobs for 1 man.. can 1 man lead 3 different aspects of the game with his current MMO knowledge?? What is this mans credentials.. how does he able to get this job..

I listened all his interviews and i can say he has no MMO knowledge.. They are asking this guy the "End-game", This guy replies with Dungeons and Dragons..

Gabe, my dear, this game is neither Single Player PC RPG, nor Desktop Imaginary Fantasy RPG, this is mmo.. When interviewer asks you about endgame you should explain the endgame.. oh i'm sorry i forgot there is no endgame, you expect everybody to create a "Legacy Family"... i'm sorry my dear but some players prefer just 1 main character without alts.. Some players doesn't care about the story they just wanna PvP or PvE at the high-end..

If you give the most important job to a noob you get this > current SW:ToR.. No endgame pvp, no endgame pve.. just alt grinding with space bar spam...

It's ok maybe i'm wrong maybe Gabe can change and lead a better designer team, and maybe his ideas can grow.. i'll never know...

Thirdly.. Game Engine..

There is countless of discussions about HERO engine on this forums.. From ability delay to simple bugs.. Instanced planets to memory leaks...

I never understood why Bioware gone for HERO engine.. it's simply the worst gaming engine ever designed.. It's not fast, even clients running from supercomputers being crashed. Everybody loosing FPS after each Loading.. Nobody has over 20FPS in ilum zergfest.. nobody has decent fps in 16 man operations.. if 5 sorceror starts to aoe everybody having fps lag. Ability delay still exist.. Countless more things.. this game engine might be good for Single Player gaming but clearly it is no good for Massively Multiplayer gaming.. This game's client can not handle more than 20 players in same screen. it's proven on ilum..

Not to mention even the fastest computers has issues with fps, load times are terrible to planets.. nobody going to planets, everybody just load fleet , ilum or belsavis. in plus to that there is serious memory issue in the game.. if a client loads couple planets and than loads into fleet that client will loose around 20-40 fps depends on his/hers computer.. this is tested and confirmed.. swtor client doesn't dumping the memory of planets that are loaded.. this cause severe fps loss... only solution is restarting the client.

Ok when i sum up, i mentioned the lack of pve and pvp end-game content in this game, i talked about the lack of decent community on the forums, i mentioned about the Lead designer of 3 jobs... i also talked about the games terrible engine..

This is not why i am considering to quit...

Maybe PvE and PvP in this game can be improved in the future..

Maybe CSR's can attend forums more often and clear out the trolling, maybe they can even divide to forums to EU/NA for clearer forums.. ...

Maybe Bioware board finally fire the incompetent lead designer of 3 jobs and hire 3 different experienced MMO players/coders for those 3 jobs...

Maybe Devs can improve the client stability and fix the memory leak issues...

Every reason that i gave can be fixed in-time..

However, i played Tera online last weekend.. it's a korean game and i always had prejudice against korean games since i played lineage..

Surprisingly and i really can't believe i am saying this.. it's 100 times better than swtor in every way.. Engine/story/classes/ambience/combat/pvp/pve... even lvl 20 dungeon boss is harder than any operation boss in swtor nightmare diffuculty..

I am considering to quit, cause this is a themepark mmo with only 5 rides in it.. karagga, ev, huttball, civil war, voidstar.. not to mention except huttball none of them is fun and challenging.. i am considering to quit cause there is lack of hardcore endgame content and this game is tuned for casual gaming... You can't have casual and social gaming in themepark MMO... Only pure sandbox games like pre-nge SWG is good for social & casual gaming.. In time in any themepark MMO hardcore grinders will extend the gear GAP.. As a huge star wars fan i am really disappointed.. i tho this was it... i tho i was gonna play this game for a long time.. i was wrong..

I hope bioware can manage to work this **** out... and maybe i might consider not to quit.. i really don't wanna quit but after certain point game is really really boring..

Best Regards

Atlantic

Guildmaster of <Unique>

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

p.s: i wrote this to express my feelings and knowledge about the games current status to Bioware.. i am not flaming the game or i am not trying to make everybody to quit this game.. i like this game and i prefer not to quit... but honestly boredom is root of meaningless and i don't see any meaning of this games high-end content.. ergo i am bored with this game..

TL;DR: I didn't wrote this wall of text for your eyes, i wrote this for Bioware.. if you are curious about its content read the paragraph with Magenta color

Trolls & Flamers : i'm not gonna answer your silly posts, here is my references in this game

PvP reference:

PvE reference: http://i.imgur.com/flgCx.jpg

PvE reference2: http://i.imgur.com/OZHeM.jpg

LoL.

you really need to get out more often:eek:

Ummm, no, I don't think so. I don't see any satire in this, he was pretty thorough, and made it clear he wasn't writing it for anyone but BW, after attempting other ways. And he hits a lot of things square on the head too. Not sure why you keep insisting its not real, I'm feeling pretty sure it is.

Seemed like a straight up Troll post to me.

I find it funny the first page of posters didn't realize the OP was being sarcastic.

This entire thread is satire at its best.

Its too long winded for satire, IMO. You could argue that its part of his "style" if you want, like the "removal of key words", but I dont feel like Im going out on a limb saying hes just not native English and hes being serious.

And yet people keep thinking the poster was real. Don't they teach satire in High School anymore?

I am sure if he made a YouTube video it would be clearer - because, you know... body-language, tone etc is a huge part of satire. Unless its plain obviously. And the OP was not being very sarcastic in any way from the way I read it. He/she does have some very valid points, but the overall tone is just hostile which will lead nowhere.