Min/Maxing Elite War Hero Gear efficiently (DPS/Heals)

ArchangelLBC

FYI for people that use offhand focus/gen/shield don't even buy the EWH version. Rip an armor from a set of EWH bracers or belt and use it in your offhand, saves a lot of comms.

I mentioned that in the guide, but it was kind of an aside so I really want to emphasize this. If you aren't a dual wielding class(or an agent/smuggler) don't bother getting an Elite War Hero offhand no matter what you do. So much easier to get a belt or bracers (bracers are cheaper but the belts may have the better mod), and then fill in the enhancement with something else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No. Always go with the high secondary stat mods. 51 Aim/41 Power or 51 Aim/41 Crit ( think those numbers are correct).

I disagree with this statement. If you have an ideal place for end., you can achieve it through mods. Most ACs have a % bonus to mainstat that you spec into anyways, so the loss from bonus healing/bonus damage is really minimal. If anything, you are gaining more crit from the high mainstat mods you decide to use with power on them, and a minimal difference between those and the mods with crit as the high secondary stat.

End. = survivability = more dmg overall.

The only two AC's I would venture to say could benefit from higher secondary stat all around are shadow/assassin and sentinel/marauder. Powertech/Vanguard can as well depending on your build.

• 2 weeks later...
just curious how much expertise a DPS should stop at(i constantly inspect ppl to see how they thought of going) i i`m holding at 1208 curently (both crystals with power + bracer and belt with pve armoring) i did meet some others that dropped to 1100 expertise by also using pve mods in main hand and offhand(hilts/barrel) and don`t know if i should too, also do u use main stat augments or power? Ty

well that is how much mine is and i did what you did, power in the weapons instead of the exp crystals.

There's a thread around here somewhere in which the math was done for expertise vs main stat. If I remember right, 1312 exp is pretty much where you start gaining damage over mitigation.

However, even if you were at say 1200 exp, you would actually only gain something like 3-4% damage, if that, over going full expertise. So at a million damage, you'd only be getting another 30-40k damage out of it.

If I remember right that is.

Edited by DariusCalera

• 1 month later...
hi im a lvl 52 dps sorcerer and I was jw what mods should I get for my [battlemaster Stalker's Headgear][battlemaster Force-Mystic's Robe][battlemaster Survivor's Handwraps][battlemaster Force-Mystic's Lower Robe][Niman Master's Primary Lightsaber] I keep get different replys on sw so cn any 1 tell the names of the mods for my gear plz thnx

For individual gearing stat priority you'll have to consult your class forums and purchase accordingly. Sadly this thread is now incredibly out of date. I'll be working on a new one soon, but the fact is that with individual mods purchasable and belts and bracers no longer providing unslotted armorings, what's best for gearing up has changed greatly, though hopefully, if you know what you're looking for, it's much more straight forward.