Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

Where is the buff for assassin/shadow tanks?? Is it Force Cloak down to 2 minutes?? You mention it but I don't see it.

In a previous patch you made assassin tanks much less... tankish, both in PvP and PvE. In PvP, I am now as vulnerable as a dps assassin, but with no dps... So that left me with CC abilities and guard feat. Since you are about to nerf Electrocute and Overload, I am about to be left with the guard feat. Perhaps I should go DPS. But then again, tanks are so hard to come by these days, and you are just making it harder... These changes are, IMO, another bad move. Perhaps you should focus development in some other feats, feats that don't make your clients evaporate day by day...

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the buff for assassin/shadow tanks?? Is it Force Cloak down to 2 minutes?? You mention it but I don't see it.

In a previous patch you made assassin tanks much less... tankish, both in PvP and PvE. In PvP, I am now as vulnerable as a dps assassin, but with no dps... So that left me with CC abilities and guard feat. Since you are about to nerf Electrocute and Overload, I am about to be left with the guard feat. Perhaps I should go DPS. But then again, tanks are so hard to come by these days, and you are just making it harder... These changes are, IMO, another bad move. Perhaps you should focus development in some other feats, feats that don't make your clients evaporate day by day...

Force cloak is down 2min for all assassins and 1:30 if spec'd in deception. Secondly, no tank is truly tank-like in any PvP environment, it s just the way the system works and that in itself needs a separate revamp. As it stands now, almost all tanks and the like are using DPS gear, because the Tank gear gives you such a small increase in survivability in exchange for a massive loss of DPS. Also, since when are Assassins not viable tanks in the PvE environment, they are excellent tanks provided you keep your shield ward thing up.

Edited by iamglass

If you're going to make Force Wave and Overload a cone, you need to compensate for the nerf by increasing it's force (knockback distance).

And nerfing the distance on Force Stun to 10m -- I suggest you keep it at 30m for Sages. It is a core ability. Heroic Moment even refreshes its cooldown.

Edited by Felioats

You do realize that there are other consequences from re-speccing that already limits players, right? For instance, how often do you have to re-spec in the middle of something? That alone is rendering the entire convenient/painless argument moot. Add to this that pure re-specs such as dps to tank or dps to healer often require that the person swtiches gear too, or atleast for it to be optimal. It takes quite some time to get two top tier end-game sets. Hence, people re-speccing left and right wouldnt be an issue and it would definitely not have an impact on the gameplay.

You do realize that back in the day there was no such thing as dual speccing.. People had PVE characters and PVP characters.. Yes, even characters that were specced for different roles..

I personally would rather go back to that.. When having a spec was more than just a pair of socks that you changed whenever you wanted..

So my argument is not moot.. You just have a difference of opinion.. Some of us weren't totally spoiled by WOW.. We do remember a time when dual speccing didn't exist.. In many ways, I wish it still didn't.. There are a lot of other folks that feel the same way.. Some of us are not dependent on dual speccing to play an MMO..

As for impact in game play?? Depends on how you look at it.. I never viewed MMO's to be easy and convenient.. Those that do are the reason for the decline of MMO quality.. While WOW's decline isn't completely about dual speccing.. It is about constantly going to easy mode.. WOW is not even the same game it was during vanilla or BC.. It is easy mode now.. And it is just getting easier and easier, and losing subs and losing subs.. Dual speccing is easy mode..

Edited by MajikMyst

I guess yo uare someone who doesn't do both PvP and PvE or, if you do indeed do PvE are one of the rare people who enjoys long queue times. I am one who has heal capable 50s who might be tempted ot heal for the comms if it wasn't such a PITA to respec (cost, money, redo bars, swap gear - assuming I have it on me). And if you even remotely think that most classes have the same spec for PvE as PvP you really need to look a little harder. For those who want to do well in the game dual spec (or more) is a very high priority.

Actually I do PVP and PVE with same character.. I just don't respec for either.. I have all my black hole gear and almost all of my war hero.. Not bad if you ask me..

If you are a tank or a healer, you don't respec.. There is also little to gain by changing your DPS spec to the so called PVP spec.. A PVP spec is just a lame throw back from WOW PVP.. Bioware specifically designed this game so that people wouldn't have to change their specs between PVP and PVE.. Hence the issues people are complaining about in this thread..

The issue is that many people don't want WOW's verions of dual speccing.. A convenient little button that changes our gear, button bars, and spec, all in a single painless click.. I don't see what is wrong with what we have now?? If Dual speccing is to expenesinve then do it less.. The cost resets every week.. I think people should be thankful they can do it at all.. If I had my way, it would go back to what it was in WOW BC.. Go see your trainer and pay a large fee to have your talents reset.. I think what we have now is a fair compromise..

Edited by MajikMyst

About the change to AoE Overload:

You know it's still possible to take like 5 steps back and hit most if not all the people attacking you with the Overload, THEN turn around and run away instead. The range has been increased to 15 from 8 in case most of you missed that. This effectively means that all your targets will be pushed away from you as your run instead of having them haphazardly tossed around you, and in some cases getting unintended/not really deserved kills by knocking them in to acid/fire/off bridges/ etc. (Arguably, it's the attackers fault for standing between a sorc/sage and the hazard but eh.) This also works in PvE.

It actually doesnt work in PVE and probably wont work in pvp.

Do all classes stand in a nice little 120 degree arc? Do they move when you move?

In PVE do mobs reposition when you move or just stand there?

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4 blog in this thread!

A couple things of note for your developers:

You've increased the effectiveness of the kiting system

I do not agree with you making resolve less effective.

You've added more time a player will be under the effect of a stun.

You've made the 2 healers impossible to stop from scoring rampantly in huttball.

I do not understand why you are nerfing resolve. Did anyone ever ask for resolve to be less of a factor in pvp? Which developer determined that math formula needed to be adjusted so that resolve mattered even less in pvp than it does now? So now if you screw up and hit someone again resolve isn't stacking. So now you'll have shorter time to kills as you won't ever miss fill resolves?

I love the thought of playing deception. Thank you for trying to make that a viable pvp advanced class. I was hoping you'd actually make resolve more effective at preventing chain stunning. This is going to make instant cast whirlwind more required of assassins as shutting down healers is now going to be super easy. The TTK is going up in ranked and non-ranked warzones and I think your going to have more healers complaining. I know I am adding back in more CC since you nerfed resolve.

It actually doesnt work in PVE and probably wont work in pvp.

Do all classes stand in a nice little 120 degree arc? Do they move when you move?

In PVE do mobs reposition when you move or just stand there?

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Repositioning doesn't happen immediately (however the new FW/O does), hence this little thing called kiting exists...

120 degree arc is nearly a full arc in front of you, it just barely misses things directly to the sides of you...

Edited by iamglass

Kite just ahead of the train pursuing you, turn to face them (if they savagely pursue you as described), instantly use your Force Wave to knock them all back, and then use your new lower cooldown Force Speed to bolt from them all. How hard is that? lol

And I see by your response that you will try every excuse in the book to QQ about the change.

i.e. I have no argument and just like to QQ.

It has nothing to do with elitism. The question is very basic and simple. You have no answer because there isn't one.

That's missing the point of the change. The point of the change wasn't to require more skill in using Force Wave/Overload. The point was to bring more precision and control to the skill. The current implementation is spammy and haphazard in both PvE and PvP. Now you will have more determination on what targets you hit with FW and where those targets go after knocking them back. The change makes complete sense in that regard.

Telling people to learn to play when they don't like the class changes and "balance" seems elitist to me, if I go on to list what all doesn't work and is broken you will just ignore it and say learn 2 play which would just be a waste of effort and time on my part. I am not walking into that little trap.

Force cloak is down 2min for all assassins and 1:30 if spec'd in deception. Secondly, no tank is truly tank-like in any PvP environment, it s just the way the system works and that in itself needs a separate revamp. As it stands now, almost all tanks and the like are using DPS gear, because the Tank gear gives you such a small increase in survivability in exchange for a massive loss of DPS. Also, since when are Assassins not viable tanks in the PvE environment, they are excellent tanks provided you keep your shield ward thing up.

Perhaps you should learn how to read first... not viable isn't quite the same as less tankish. They are not nearly as good as a jugg right now. In PvP, even with full dps gear I don't even get near a deception or madness specced assassin dps. And why does survivor gear exists in the first place if there's currently no use for it...

I need to rant a bit about the 1.4 updates that'll change the sage. I'm sure once 1.4 is released and I get use to the new way to use crowd control I'll "Get Over It." I feel however these changes are making my character less valuable and this will further progress me into not enjoying SWTOR as a Sage.

:confused: Changing Force Stun from 30 meters to 10 meters? Force Wave from 360 Degree Knock back in a 8 meter radius to now a 120 degree cone in front of you at 15 meters?

Force Stun and 20 Second CD Force Run: The developers are basically nerfing crowd control in my opinion and nerfing Sages/Sourcers again since 1.2 in my opinion. I use Force Stun constantly at distant targets in PVP at 30 to 15 meters. At 10 meters you won't even be able to force stun a player on the opposite side of the acid pool in huttball - its +10.01 meters away. The sage's survivability depends on distancing themselves from the enemy players. It has made the new Force Stun used primarily to just get away from a player who is directly on top of you such as a melee fighter. You have to get into the range players 10 meter radius just to stun him. I'd like to see Force Stun at 15 meters if you're going to nerf it. The only benefit that has been given is Force Run will now have a 20 seconds cool down instead of 30 seconds. You're able to use force run 3 times per min instead of 2 times per minute. That’s 6 seconds total of 150% speed increase per minute instead of 4 seconds per minute. That’s great, but if I had to pick between 20 second cool down for force run over 10 meters for Force Stun, I need the Force Stun at 15 meters or more for it to be useful. Now I can run in, force stun the enemy and force run out. :rolleyes: All of the Sage's abilities are at 30 meters. Yet Force Stun is going to be at 10 meters? Useless ability in PVP at 10 meters in my opinion. Also I’m not sure about other classes but here's a question. "Are all other Classes get to keep there stuns over a 10 meter distance?"

Force Wave: Force Wave from 360 Degree Knock back in a 8 meter radius to now a 120 degree cone in front of you at 15 meters? I don't know about other players that use the Sage, but in PVP such as Void Star - we are use to being able to knock the enemy back off the door that they are 1 second away from planting on. Ok ok, I'm cool with having to focus the front of my characters body at the enemy to knock them back. This will make me less lazy. Opps I missed the enemy cause they weren't in front of me. Now look - i have a agent or assassin behind me throwing mass amounts of dps. I can't use knock back if they're behind me. Why do I need to knock back players 15 meters in distance away from me anyways? Oh that’s right; my force stun can't reach the player at 15 meters duh. :D

New Healing: Cool you're giving us a new healing ability that heals the user for a moderate amount. I'm going to need it cause I can't seem to crowd control the DPS PVP player as well as I use to. Anyways I'm thankful the developers are going to give us new abilities if they're going to change on others. Again like i said before, I'm sure I'll get over it once 1.4 is out. I just feel these changes are making my character less valuable to enjoy in SWTOR.

Repositioning doesn't happen immediately (however the new FW/O does), hence this little thing called kiting exists...

120 degree arc is nearly a full arc in front of you, it just barely misses things directly to the sides of you...

I guess I will just say this.. If it isn't broke then don't fix it.. I don't recall ever reading a complaint about Force Wave or the imperial's version of it.. I view it as pointless to change and nothing more than a needless nerf..

What is the point in decreasing the range of force stun, electroctute, and stuff?? 10m really?? So sages now have to run into use it?? What is next?? Decreasding the range of taunts for tanks?? Better not give them any ideas.. :rolleyes:

again i say obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

You decide to walk backwards to reposition.. you walk backwards very slowly the 2 marauders standing behind you move to keep up their main hits that have to be done from behind. In PVE mobs react instantly to repositioning and you miss most of them as you are walking very slowly.

You decide to run forward and turn around... Run forward... spin.. fire move... spin... hit force speed... run away.

In a no lag world this would work great if the people you are fighting were retarded, or had no arms and used a pointy stick to mash their buttons.

In PVE again mobs reposition as soon as you move.

This is a bad change and pretty much you and 1 other guy think it is a good idea.

Obvious troll? or Fool?

Not sure which one

Perhaps you should learn how to read first... not viable isn't quite the same as less tankish. They are not nearly as good as a jugg right now. In PvP, even with full dps gear I don't even get near a deception or madness specced assassin dps. And why does survivor gear exists in the first place if there's currently no use for it...

I agree with that, in terms of PvP. And i have no clue why it does, but the general consensus is that defense/shield/absorb (the three big stats in all tanking armor) are fairly useless in terms of PvP as most abilities don't proc any of those. And while it's true that you don't get the same DPS as a deception or madness build, a hybrid build with some darkness in it boasts a fair amount of increased survivability with a median DPS than any single spec build. As it stands, hybrid tanksins are the best DPS tankish classes for PvP (with great utility too if you add in the pull)

Nice. So the resolve system is already messed up. Instead of making people unstun when they hit max resolve bar, they are going to mess with a bunch of inconsequential crap. Get a grip and fix what you already have first. So many little things are broken and tweaking things to avoid actually fixing the mechanics is going to drive me away.:mad:

Overall, I'm very disappointed with the direction of this proposed patch.

"Electro Dart and Cryo Grenade now have a 10-meter range.

Electrocute and Force Stun now have a 10-meter range."

These i can understand, they can be abused now with being insta cast 30 meters can be a bit much. With this change you wont have quite as many chain stuns in effect at once if they have to be up close to cast them.

"In addition, while Overload and Force Wave make for great escape abilities, they have done so previously at a cost to the overall PvP experience. What we want for these abilities is to create distance between you and your target(s), but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s). Jet Boost and Concussion Charge behave similarly, but they are limited to the Mercenary and Commando. Changing them has a less effective impact on the game, and those Advanced Classes play better with a stronger ability on a longer cooldown.

Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the ability animation."

This is just bad, bad... incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s) ?? I'm sorry, but any enemy around me in a 360 degree 8 meter radius is my intended target. As others have said, you're making getting away from enemies even more difficult than it already is now. A lot of the time it is enemies behind you whacking on your behind that you want to put some space between them and you. So now, to knock them back I'd have to stop running forward... turn around and moonwalk slowly, activate force wave, then turn back around again to run away.... how in the world is that supposed to help my survivability? OK, you've extended the knockback area of effect 15 meters......only in front of me. Guess what? Being that the enemy was in front of me, other than cases of ledges and the enemy being slightly off to the side being knocked off said ledge, I'm still going to have to run through the enemy to get where I'm going.

Looks like Jet Boost and Concussion Charge are going to remain the same because those abilities are only used by 2 classes "Changing them has a less effective impact on the game"? Are you kidding me? Really?

To be clear, No, I don't want mercs and commandos to be nerfed in the same way consulars and inquisitors are having done to them. This nerf to cosulars and inquisitors is going to be very detrimental to their survivability.

The only positive thing with the change is enemies getitng knockbacked instantly instead of after the animation runs its course.

"We’ve also made adjustments to the Resolve system in Game Update 1.4. We’ve adjusted the gain logic of Resolve such that simultaneous and overlapping control effects no longer linearly add together their Resolve gain values. Instead, using a crowd control ability on an already controlled target now applies reasonable Resolve gain values by comparing the incoming control effect to the greatest of existing control effects."

My biggest gripe with pvp is getting chained stunned by multiple enemies and die without even being able to move 5 meters before dieing. This change is going to make this much, much worse. So having "reasonable Resolve gain values" applied is going to mean the enemy can chain stun a target many more times before the resolve bar fills up. This is going to translate into targets rarely making it to the goal line unless they are getting solid heals. You should really be looking into diminishing the effects of multiple stuns at once, not allowing more stuns to happen before the resolve bar gets filled up.

"Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. This ability interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds. This ability can be trained at level 18."

This is a welcome change. Mercs and Commandos are like the red-headed stepchildren being the only classes not able to interrupt.

"Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental to the Mercenary/Commando’s ability to further escape the attacker."

One of my strategies in Huttball is to stockstrike an enemy off the ledge that's waiting there by the firepit. Or in voidstar knocking them off the bridge. Yes, it sucks when getting knocked off ledge/bridge, but that is the risk one takes standing on a ledge/bridge. How about adjusting how stockstrike/rocket punch gererates resolve instead of taking away our knockback.

If this change goes live, I'll be specing out of concusive force. It's not a matter me saying don't change this or else, I'm just informing you i'm not going to put 2 points into the ability if there the knockback for stockstrike isn't there. The 4 meter extra knockback for concussion charge is nice, but i only speced concussive force because of the knockback for stockstrike.

I'm not going to get into the healing changes because I hate healing and avoid that role like the plague. I'll leave the feedback on that subject to the healers out there.

"Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity now additionally grants immunity to interrupts for the duration. Improved visual FX to demonstrate this effect."

This is a big boon for sorcs/sages, but my big concern is trying to kill a healer sorc/sage is going to be near impossible during this duration unless there are multiple targets beating on him/her.

"In the case of Infiltration/Deception, the spec’s fragility was of great concern to many players, insofar as it didn’t encourage the spec to contribute well to lengthy fights or lend support to teammates."

In pvp it was very frustrating killing a target and even though the fight is over, a teammate somewhere is fighting and I can't restealth. Not being able to stealth even though I am not in combat doesn't allow me to contribute to lengthy fights.

My operative's burst is averageish in pvp, but in pve is subpar. There is a reason why groups don't want dps scoundrels/operatives in their pve groups(mainly talking operations here, HM FPs have been watered down so much, it doesn't take much dps). This patch does nothing to correct this issue.

"Kinetic Field/Entropic Field has been redesigned. Now critical hits cause you to build a Kinetic/Entropic Field, increasing damage reduction by 1% per point per stack. Stacks up to 3 times."

I know you moved the original effect to fade, but you had an ability that gave up to 30% reduction in area effect damage and give in return up to 3% damage reduction after criting someone 3 times. Seem such a minimal gain for a squishy cloth wearer spec that doesn't have the armor buff. This would make more sense for a darkness spec. Which speaking of that... So is this going to be a 1 point talent skill now?

"Clairvoyant Strike/Voltaic Slash: Using Project/Shock no longer consumes the buff provided by this ability. This change was made to better synergize with Spinning Strike/Assassinate during execute phases."

This sounds really great if I'm reading this correctly. So the buff only goes away if you stop using Clairvoyant Strike/Voltaic Slash long enough for the buff to wear off?

After reading the loving that shadows/assasins are getting, why so little for scoundrels/operatives? These changes aren't going to change much for ops/scounds viability in groups.

I came to this game for PvE/Story in a Star Wars universe. I'm sure I'm not the only one. At launch I was playing with a dozen or so 'Star Wars' geeks, who were all excited about playing an MMO in a Star Wars universe. For most of them, it was their first MMO. As fhe first month or two went by, we collected up more Star Wars fans, formed a guild, and had a lot of fun playing the game. We do a little light PvP (helping defend a city, or friendly player when needed, etc...), but PvP is not a central focus to our game play.

Since that time, our guild of 30 or so players has dwindled to three who still have active subscriptions. The major reason they don't log in any more is lack of content updates (no new stories, new planets, new NPC's, companions, etc...). Even the little things. One female friend complained that she had leveled her Scoundrel, romanced Corso, ended up marrying him, and now he won't speak to her. Once the current story ends, it just ends. Nothign has changed in this regard since the game launched in December. Our companions, characters we spend almost all of our time with, are nothing but non-conversational meat bags.

The Codex is broken. One of the things that I enjoyed was the Codex. Learning about the worlds, characters, organizations, etc... it was fascinating... at least it had the potential to be. Instead it's broken, badly. Many of the 'achievements' are broken completely. There are many items that are just not in the game. Achievements for completing codex entries has so much potential. If done well, it could even be an alternative mechanism to advance you characters. Instead, its mostly ignored by most players. As far as I know, not a single minute of development time has been devoted to fixing/updating the codex.

There are many many threads in various forums on this site where players are asking for more story, more content, more depth to the story.

Instead, we get PvP balance...

It's really frustrating. I really want to love this game. I really do. The amount of time the developers are dedicating to PvP in the game is discouraging, especially with all of the attention given to the layoffs of staff and developers.

The Star Wars universe, an IP that I'm sure they paid a ton of money for, has so much story potential, and yet instead of developing more Star Wars story, PvP gets all of the developer attention.

This discourages me about the future of this game.

Currently I haven't beat the story. but its kinda depressing to know that our story just completely ends and we get nothing more. I love star wars but im getting a very "I might quit this game" kinda mind set . screw PvP man I joined for the awesome story telling.

The only reason you see more pvpers up here trying to defend is cause they know that if Pve gets what we want they will not, I mean back when this started it had tons of players. not look at it.....They gotta go free to play....PvP aint making you no money you idiots. Give us more story content. or find yourself broker than MC Hammer.

Fact is Majority join for the story and only end up pvping against there will..... that's ********. Fix it.

So why is Shadow / Assassin getting a boost? They aren't powerful enough?

And no oen asked for what you are doing to reslove. Force stun and all the other ranges you changed were never complained about.

What about the fact hat a BH CC spray affects multiple targets, and the Vanguard equivalent only affects one target? Shouldn't these be mirrored? Fix?

I find the lack of research performed by your dev team disturbing.

So why is Shadow / Assassin getting a boost? They aren't powerful enough?.

You honestly should read before posting anything. The main buffs for these guys is in the DPS tree which smells like that football stuck in the guys colon (from the earlier post). The DPS tree is why most shadows/assassins were tank dps in the first place.

"We’ve also made adjustments to the Resolve system in Game Update 1.4. We’ve adjusted the gain logic of Resolve such that simultaneous and overlapping control effects no longer linearly add together their Resolve gain values. Instead, using a crowd control ability on an already controlled target now applies reasonable Resolve gain values by comparing the incoming control effect to the greatest of existing control effects."

Stun Wars Continues!!!

Overload and Force Wave [...] but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s).

What unintended target(s)? In PvP there are not any incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s) -> all players that are not in your faction and are thus enemies are your intended targets! This is not like PvE where there are two groups of mobs and you end up aggroing both groups (in which case you should not be using an aoe move any way -> that is the player's fault: not the way the ability was designed!)!

There is no disadvantage for you if your aoe move hits more enemy players in PvP.

There is of course a disadvantage for those enemy players -> but that is the case for all aoe moves (that both you can do and the enemy players can do to you)! Hitting all the enemy players around you at that moment is what aoe is all about! With this 120 degree aoe move you will still hit enemy players that you might not have originally thought you would hit as people are constantly moving and changing direction (not to mention there could be some lag). To make it as Mr. Peckenpaugh seems to be suggesting you would have to have some sort of multi- target system where you individually click each target you want affected by your aoe move. That would be tedious and i cannot imagine that being better than the 360-degree-oops-(in reality: yay!)-i-hit-an-extra-enemy-player ability.

The only way i can make sense of this is that those enemy players have been complaining. Yes, it is annoying to get caught in an aoe move from an enemy player -> but if that is something to complain about to the point of something being done about it then all aoe abilities should be removed from the game -or at least from PvP-! (Which would be ridiculous and sad of course - and the same people would end up complaining all over again.)

The only time i can understand people complaining about this is in Hutt Ball when a player is on a walkway and they get pushed off. Changing it to a 120 degree aoe still pushes them off - albeit possibly less enemy players.

If this is the reason for the change:

Changing the design of an ability for the entire game because of things that are happening in one WZ is the wrong approach and i dearly hope that that is not the reason for the change. If it is indeed Hutt Ball that is causing the extra complaints in this area, perhaps they could make parts of the walkways so that no one can be pushed off of them. (A good wall for example.) There will still be key parts of the walkways in which players can be pushed off (keeping the WZ interesting and challenging in that way) - but being pushed off of walkways will in general be reduced, making it less frustrating and allowing for more strategic thinking. To make this balanced you would then have to keep Knights from being able to Force Leap onto the parts of the walkways that are unpushoffable, same goes to similar abilities and also abilities that allow a player from a lower part of the WZ to be able to pull an enemy player off of the walkway. All of these abilities of course being allowed on the parts of the walkways where one can push off (an) enemy player(s).

This could be true for more WZs than just Hutt Ball (or more areas than just those walkways) in which case, again, walls would solve the problem.

As many players have said that know the Overload and Force Wave abilities well:

These abilities are useful also for those that are behind you as enemy players (PvP) and mobs (PvE) tend to surround you: in which case you want them all pushed back - not just the ones in front of you! In a way this is all the more true in PvP where people get behind you on purpose. (Though i am glad that in SWtOR your character automatically turns in order to cast something instead of just getting an annoying error message saying that the target must be in front of you in order for you to be able to use that ability.)

Edited by TheSunStar

Leave it to these guys to take an ability that nobody was complaining about and nerf it. Goodbye Overload , you over powered ability.....it was fun while it lasted.

does anyone else feel like this change came about because someone overloaded Austin into the fire in hutball then shouted out "sorry didn't mean to do that" all the while snickering under his breath to which Austins reply was "hmmm guess i need to fix that"?

Developer: "That Sorcerer just knocked my Sentinal back 8 meters! I can't even force leap back to him! And I was behind him! I know, I'll make his Overload only frontal in a cone shape, so I can get 2 more seconds of whipping on him as he's trying to turn around to use it. And if he miraculously survives, he'll knock me in range to jump back, smash him down and finsh his sorry behind.."

Overload a frontal cone shape attack, fine. Make Smash only frontal, and put Sweeping Slash back to only frontal.

Reduce the range of Electrocute? Fine, make ravage interuptable.

Seriously BioWare and Electronic Arts. I am extremely close to to cancelling my subscription.

You want to Balace PvP and make it an enjoyable experience? Make a class that is only PvP. It has no story line, and PvP's from Level 1. Have PvP ranges of levels 1-9, 10-49, and 50. Give it 3 trees, 1 heals, 1 DPS (balanced between Ranged and Melee) and 1 Tank. Select your tree at Level 10 (which will be your Advanced Class choice). There you go. Balanced PvP.

So much for your promise to not "adjust" classes based solely on PvP.

The ONLY thing I see positive in your 1.4 changes, is giving the Mercenary an Interupt.