400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

Tersidre

Its not wrong, its economy, selling, crafting, business. Obviously you have no clue about economy. And its your choice to "sacrifice" your crafting slot.

And as you said a very powerful perk. But you people werent ok with slicing's powerful perk. So i hope biochem is nerfed. No one should have that much healing in pvp over another. So they need to make this available to everyone or nerf it. Its your choice you took a weak class and cant survive in pvp.

removing the biochem level lock, and not making it reusable takes away the "get out of jail" card , the "i win" button, and "i want everything easy" junk away. Also allows others that chose not to take biochem the chance to use these better medpacks, which promoted sales, which makes crafting better for everyone.

I am biochem btw, and yeah i think it needs changed. Limiting sales is never good for a crafting system.

I can kind of see where you're coming from in saying that the reusable aspect needs to be removed, but when you put into consideration that, for the most part, the blue/prototype versions of the stims, medpacks, and adrenals are actually better than the reusable ones, it becomes clear that reusability isn't severely "limiting sales" in a way that would demand action on the developers' part. The blue/prototype consumables are exactly where biochem has an opportunity to make money and develop a market, especially with PvPers who are looking for that extra edge in Warzones.

The reusable medpacs are, as everyone else has said, rewards for putting in so much time and money into crafting. Additionally, if the reusable aspect of these craft-ables are removed, then the player who spent all this time and money now needs to spend even more on crafting consumables for himself. If you remove the reusable aspect of this, you're actually inhibiting the creation of a market for biochem consumables because the crafters will be forced into a scenario where they must use their resources on things other than supply for the market. In fact, I would argue that players who choose biochem have the best market because they craft the reusables, never have to spend resources on themselves again, and then put all future resources towards supplying the market.

Is this really that different from crafting armor, weapons, or mods? Not really, because all those professions allow the crafter to create products for themselves and never have to worry about wasting resources on their characters again. Removing the reusable aspect of biochem consumables is akin to putting a cap on the amount of damage you take or the number of times you die while wearing armor you crafted through armormech or weapons you made through armstech.

The reusable trait of these biochem-exclusive items is NOT an issue to the game's economy and is actually what allows the biochem user to put their resources into the market.

Edited by Whitticker

The reusable medpacs are, as everyone else has said, rewards for putting in so much time and money into crafting.

The problem is that Biochem is currently the only crew skill that does this. If the other crew skills had something similar, it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't want Biochem nerfed. I want other crew skills brought up to Biochem's level.

As much as I like a 9000 heal every 90 seconds, it needs to be nerfed to be in line with blue lvl 49 medkits. That is, a 4000 heal with an additional 1500 or so over 10 seconds. Else it is too powerful.

Do players have any other means of accessing similarly powerful medkits at that level? If they're available through content at those levels (raids?), then I don't see why a purple schematic that requires a high level in that profession and expensive mats--all of which require a lot of time and money to obtain--shouldn't be better than the blue medkits. However, if medkits of such strength are only available to biochemists, then yes, I agree, it does need to brought in line.

The problem is that Biochem is currently the only crew skill that does this. If the other crew skills had something similar, it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't want Biochem nerfed. I want other crew skills brought up to Biochem's level.

I couldn't agree more.

I agree. unkillable = no fun for anyone else.

Which is why we need brackets where all players in a given bracket have access to similar gear and consumables.

This problem won't be solved by nerfing the biochem consumables; it'll be solved by implementing brackets/level-tiering in PvP.

SH all of you just shh... please don't let BioWare to destroy another crew skill just don't!

But that is exactly what they want.

Since slicing was nerfed, now everyone tries to use the same strategy to remove the next usable profession from the market.

This is just players discovering that they have influence in the development process of a new game, it will only get worse from here.

need to remove the reusabke aspect of it. Thats not what crafting is about. And its horribly wrong we cant sell these to people that dont already have biochem and can make them themselves. Reusable and crafting in the same sentence = blasphemy!

BW realy should shoot the people that came up with this junk.

Crafting is meaningless if we cant sell our good to everyone and not have them consumed afterwards.

This post is so bad it gave me cancer. You must be a really good person to talk to considering your statement "BW realy should shoot the people that came up with this junk". A *********** intellectual paragon is within the midst of us lowly peasants

edit: Loving censorship on the horrible F word

Edited by somejerk

Oh, super. Now the nerf squad is on the next profession. Can't we just buff the other professions to be useful? I guess after BioWare panic reacts again and nerfs Biochem, Cybertech grenades are next, so that no profession will be useful at all.

Oh, super. Now the nerf squad is on the next profession. Can't we just buff the other professions to be useful? I guess after BioWare panic reacts again and nerfs Biochem, Cybertech grenades are next, so that no profession will be useful at all.

This was bound to happen. A small group of players have a slight advantage over a bunch of other people and suddenly the minority of a minority of people against this become the most vocal. First it was slicing, now it will be biochem

You probably didnt have a whole team of 50s banging you whilest you were carrying that ball...

Wait till everyone is a 50.

Re usable med packs and stims make this crew skill worth it, otherwise people would just rely on a healer, rest function or med packs they can buy from vendors.

Why else do people pick this profession?

Oh, and i spent 8 hours sending 2 companions on missions to try and get 4 purple items i needed to craft 1 re usable medpack that heals 3k,... for my tank that has 8.5k health.

Thats not even a 50% heal, so people can stop complaining about the whole over powered part.

Edited by Exiled-Phoenix

You probably didnt have a whole team of 50s banging you whilest you were carrying that ball...

Wait till everyone is a 50.

^^ This.

Too many people are calling for nerfs when there is no way for most players to know whether or not things are actually in need of fixing.