Cons Male Voice

Ignobull

I don't know, the voice seems to fit just right if you are playing a lightsider. Though if you go darkside . . . . um, it doesn't fit right.

Agreed. I like the male voice quite a bit, Nolan North did a great job. Way better than the female voice, who sounds like she has no emotion whatsoever.

I kinda felt the same way about the male voice in that it really didn't sound all that good. Not to say the actor didn't do a good job, but it just didn't seem to fit right. I found that the way to "fix" this is to simply make your toon look older. Maybe toss in a beard on the greying side on the toon, and suddenly the voice fits perfectly. I guess for a Jedi "politician", the voice fits pretty well to the role.

I agree with the comments that making the character look a little older is important. My consular was bearded and wore a hooded robe for the entire game and the voice fit perfectly. The early levels were a little odd, since he looked and felt too old to be a Padawan, but for a Jedi Knight or Master, the look and voice fit perfectly.

Yeah its very annoying when your a padawan,I rerolled my sage like 6 times,switching from male to female but none of them felt like they suited the voice.

In the end I just went with Zabrak male with the spiky hair and went light side,once you finish act one the voice sort of grows on you:D.

Edited by Aehgo

After playing a Counselor for myself, I can actually see how Nolan North fits into the role, but I'll admit its not his greatest work. IMO, he should have done the Smuggler so that he could go a bit more like Nate Drake or something, but overall i'd give it a 8 /10, which is not bad.

The problem is having one extremely distinct voice cover tons of player conceived personalities. Neither the provided lines nor the actor's particular delivery will be able to fit. If you perceive your character as the dry, prudish, middle aged, scholar that the consular is, you'll perfectly be happy with it.