Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I support paying money for all the new CM stuff this seems to be a step to far. Really? Real life money for a barber shop :rolleyes:

I already pay a subscription and this is a very basic function that people wanted from day 1, having me to pay again is dumb :rolleyes:

Chances are, you'll be able to purchase it with credits, just like every other legacy unlock.

While I support paying money for all the new CM stuff this seems to be a step to far. Really? Real life money for a barber shop :rolleyes:

I already pay a subscription and this is a very basic function that people wanted from day 1, having me to pay again is dumb :rolleyes:

What are you paying for if you're a sub?!? You're using your free CC's, not real money.

Hmmm, this I'm actually all right with. Of course I would prefer to have the option available for credits, but I'm okay with it. It's straightforward and I think many mentioned being willing to pay real money for that option. Though I am happy with what my characters look like, I'd be willing to pay for this as well.

I do hope the price won't be outrageous, though.

So it's the f2p people wanting more for free?!? Lol!

Who mentioned F2p players i am stating a fact that if you did not pay your monthly Sub you would get no coins. So to say they are free is wrong as they are included in the monthly sub which you have to pay to get them.

Who mentioned F2p players i am stating a fact that if you did not pay your monthly Sub you would get no coins. So to say they are free is wrong as they are included in the monthly sub which you have to pay to get them.

We treat/view them as free because they were added to our subscription plan at no extra charge. In any price comparative discussion it will be necessary to factor in the additional CC that we receive, as WoW(or insert other MMO here) doesn't give store credit for species changes along with a subscription.

Exactly. You pay for them. There is no such thing as a free CC.

Again, yes they are. They weren't there when the game first came out and I still payed $15 a month now I do get them and I still pay the same amount $15, so how is that addition to my virtual currency not free?

Again, yes they are. They weren't there when the game first came out and I still payed $15 a month now I do get them and I still pay the same amount $15, so how is that addition to my virtual currency not free?

Because you have to use them for in-game content that was free for subs before going F2P.

So they're not free. You required to spend them for in-game content. They'd be free if you could use them for anything OTHER than in-game content.

Edited by Lent_San

Waitwaitwait. What in-game content was available to subs before f2p that we are now paying for with CCs?

Gear, speeders, mounts, vanity items.... all those were free to subs before the game went F2P.

In-game currency only or quest rewards, like it should be.

Edited by Lent_San

Like the title says I'm a little disappointed about the new sort-of "ingame barber shop". There are several reasons why but first I'm going to put the quote from the "State of the Game #3" here.

While I first read it I was like "Great! That is awesome!" But then I took a closer look. "...using Cartel Coins." To me this seems like too much. But first lets talk about the species change. To me that shouldn't happen because it isn't "realistic" but I found that it could be ok. The other things like hair, body, and eye color was all fine. But why with CC? This game is turning into "Your a sub but you have to pay MORE real money for basic features like a barber shop!" I could understand the species thing being in the CM, but ALL of the barber shop?! That is going too far. What next? Having to pay money for certain class abilities in the CM? :rolleyes: Whether you think so or not barber shops ARE basic features. Personally I think they should've been ingame since launch. But why do we, the players, have to pay MORE money to you for a basic feature?

I think that they should change this before they release it. BW should either take out species changing or leave it in the CM... BUT make the rest of the "Barber Shop" not cost CC. Make it ingame currency. If they don't I'm not sure how much more I can take. :mad:

Yes all these new CC market ONLY features are hugely disappointing. A guild member just quit the game specifically because of the CC market reputation. This is EXACTLY the type of bs we were expecting when F2P was originally announced.

Some of us have been subbed since day one and played through underpopulated servers and 6 months between new content. ALL features should be available to subscribers .. otherwise why should i be subscribed, it'd probably be cheaper to just buy weekly OPS passes ( I can live without PVP ).

Again this is hugely disappointing news :(

I can not say im surprised, but I can say you might aswell get used to it.

The small additions like this will be based around the CM for profit

I don't think anybody is surprised, just voicing concerns that if they take it too far they will just cripple the game again in the long run.

I'd like to interupt regular thread topic programming for a public service announcement:

Announcing: "We have our latests and greatest forum complaint_de-jour"

That is all.... please return to regular thread topic programming.

:D

Waitwaitwait. What in-game content was available to subs before f2p that we are now paying for with CCs?

This is exactly why the subs dropped, and the way they are implementing the CC market they will drop more, but the good thing is that all the ppl who buy a lot on the CC will remain and that's what the game will turn into.

Yes all these new CC market ONLY features are hugely disappointing. A guild member just quit the game specifically because of the CC market reputation. This is EXACTLY the type of bs we were expecting when F2P was originally announced.

Some of us have been subbed since day one and played through underpopulated servers and 6 months between new content. ALL features should be available to subscribers .. otherwise why should i be subscribed, it'd probably be cheaper to just buy weekly OPS passes ( I can live without PVP ).

Again this is hugely disappointing news :(

This.

I don't think anybody is surprised, just voicing concerns that if they take it too far they will just cripple the game again in the long run.

An often used doomsday warning in the forum since the cartel market launched 5 Earth Moons ago.