Ranked PvP

MelliMelon

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not on a pvp server im on this server.... I have been since the first set of server mergers....

not sure how I insulted RP servers, only people i've insulted are the pvp only guilds who do nothing but roll premades all day long on a PvE/RP server, then come into the forums bragging about how awesome they are.. :D

What pvp only guild rolls premades all day? Not that its a crime, just wondering since I don't know of any guild that is 100% pvp.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Having played on a PvP server myself, I can actually say for a fact that the PvP is roughly about the same at 50 as it is on Begeren Colony. That being said, the main difference is the community. The server I played on had a lot of ego and were a particularly mean community. PvP'ers on this server (even the casual ones that nobody seems to like, such as myself) could actually hold their own on a PvP server.

Is it true that you should seek out a PvP server if your main goal is PvP (especially when it comes to guilds)? Probably, but for most of those said guilds that "roll premades all day" they actually aren't on all day and they actually do PvE. For example, ASB runs Ops and they are actually one of the best PvE guilds out there and they are also really good at PvP.

While I can agree that it is absurd to see certain people brag about their PvP stats when they play against casual players, let's not forget that a lot of the stats you see on the forums are actually against the really competitive PvP'ers. To say that guilds that are PvP oriented shouldn't be on this server really shows a lack of tolerance to be quite honest. I'll admit that Monoth does have a point by saying most people that are really into PvP should have gone to a PvP server, but I do have to raise the point that most of these said players actually add to the community of Begeren Colony despite their PvP intensity.

I'm not hear to start arguments, I just figured I get my two cents out since I count as a solely PvP player (yet at the same time a casual player), who didn't roll a PvP server in order to level in peace.

And if it helps at all, I queue solo and in premades of random people that I just happen to shoot invites to.

- Worst Player on Server :(

Oh Siri brings up a good point. You don't get to quest in peace on PvP server if you want some down time. Some people love to do warzones, but the last thing they want is to be ganked when solo questing. These are almost never "fair fights". If someone is in the mood to take that risk they can flag themselves on a PVE server.. where on a PvP server you have no choice. Now some people like that sort of thing. Me, personally, I like down time where I don't have to look over my shoulder every moment if I so choose. I prefer team based objective pvp, not random killing. It's the best of both worlds.

Thanks OG for putting a group together. We were pretty tired so we logged after one game, but hopefully you guys got some good matches against GD.

I'm going to try to organize a casual puggish ranked night sometime this week, but it's really going to depend on my schedule. Grad school is busy XD.

Another successful ranked night with Denikus, ASB, and GD. We look forward to next week, when hopefully all 3 teams will have everyone there (as each was missing at least one). The only problem is that the 3rd team has to wait while the other two play.

Do I hear another competitive team gonna queue up?

We won't be stepping back into it until we get our guys fully geared, but the matches were fun regardless. :) With the exception of the occasional DC that seemed to plague us one match. >.< Guess its too much to hope for a stable server given our monthly payments. Until next time though. ;)

Good to hear, OG. For this evening, Grim Determination and ASB will be queueing ranked with our sage/sorc in salvation/revification. You may want to talk to the imps to get in on that agreement.

Seeing as how you and I can actually chat each other while queued, it will be an easier communication for us T.T

So how'd it go last night?

I wish I had taken a video but by the time I realized it, we were in a match, and sometimes starting fraps crashes my computer. Needless to say, I don't video unless I start it BEFORE the queue pop, because the last thing we need in ranked is a 7v8 1-healer against Grim (I think my team would never speak to me again).

Anyway, like I was saying, I WISH I had a video of our 2nd Ancient Hypergates. I think we won by about 5 points (so one kill).

We were winning by a low to fair margin (30 points maybe?) until the 3rd round (maybe 4th, IDR) when we backed too far out of mid and GD got 3-4 cubes and pulled ahead.

End of the match, GD was up by a kill, Lynx was running a cube back at about 10 seconds remaining, I was screaming in TS for everyone to run away from GD and Ryd and I were healing our bunz off, Kirax was a DPS vanguard with like 50% hp, and Flux was almost dead. We managed to survive and get the cube right before the end and barely won. That was a very exciting game 0.o.

Lol that sounds awesome. If you had a vid with Denny's running you could have put some dramatic music with slow motion or something. :p I was thinking of getting fraps myself, is the crashing a common issue? Or dependent on the computer?

I've never crashed when running it.

Okay guys, I'm not going to lie, but this has been very frustrating lately. It just... gets a bit disappointing. It cannot keep on like this. No, it WILL NOT keep going on like this.

This problem is far too large to keep ignoring.

WHERE THE EFF IS OUR HUTTBALL!?

The pretty ladies of GD came up with a solution. (Possibly I begged and guilt tripped) We concluded that there really was only one option left for us: sacrifice ourselves to the Hutts, and plead for a Huttball for Monday ranked.

When we get a Huttball on Monday, please take a moment of silence to recognize the noble and kind sacrifice that was performed here today.

That is one fat Hutt.

The sacrificial dance.

Special thanks to our topless photographer who got us to 'work it': Ushanev

And the lovely ladies of GD who made it all possible: Valya, Aroca, Talisya and the red one.

Two weeks without Huttball has been bothering Ryd, too.

I mean, not "stripping naked and cavorting in front of large statues in public" bothering, but still. Desperate times call for desperate measures. In honour of your sacrifice, I will throw slightly fewer rocks at you for a short time.