Maintenance: May 17th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind chat reply borked since 1.1.5... ;]

I just macro'd ctrl+ 2x U because I'm so sick of that... Pretty pathetic about how long that's been going on for. Oh btw I still can't buy my conqueror shield generator since it's listed as 'undefined'. Still no fix in sight for that one either I suppose.

Frankly, just sticking to GMT would be less confusing to everyone else. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend about it but using BST, UTC, PST etc etc makes it really difficult for people who do not live in those zones. And there are a fair number of us.

I'd like to see dye slots added to more of the armor sets. I went through a bunch of crap to get restored triumvirate armor on a new character, only to be denied coloring it. The red and white dye looks pretty sweet on that set.

Those times equal, no wait, surely that can't be right, let me check.

Yep.

Friday night in Australia.

Thanks again you....

Yep. 6pm-8pm friday night. Guess it is always prime time somwhere. Thursday... or even Saturday would be better.

Patch notes will not be posted early this time. I'll put them up after the servers are down tomorrow.

My money is on an exploit fix ;) thats the only reason for keeping it a secret until after the patch. smart move!

UTC = GMT right now, so they're actually in GMT. We will use UTC from now on to prevent confusion between GMT and BST.

UTC always ~= GMT, one is just a more rigorously upheld standard than the other.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

Patch notes will not be posted early this time. I'll put them up after the servers are down tomorrow.

It could be an exploit fix but my money's on the Gree event coming back. They said it was when justifying 2.1 to subbers, both options would have a letter for the version number so only time will tell.

Yep. 6pm-8pm friday night. Guess it is always prime time somwhere. Thursday... or even Saturday would be better.

Ugh. Make that 8pm till 10pm. Sigh. I know people call us AU players whingers, but it feels that every downtime is in AU prime time. Another Friday when a guild can't play planned ops. Its just poor form.

It could be an exploit fix but my money's on the Gree event coming back. They said it was when justifying 2.1 to subbers, both options would have a letter for the version number so only time will tell.

Oh I like that idea. Hope gree returns :D

UTC = GMT right now, so they're actually in GMT. We will use UTC from now on to prevent confusion between GMT and BST.

To all the European peeps that might be confused:

UTC is the right thing to call these days.

BST = UTC + 1 between end of March and end of October.

CET = UTC + 2 between end of March and end of October.

I know people call us AU players whingers.
Nothing being shown to dispel that :p

You've still plenty of time to play before and after the small two hour slot. Unless the "maintenance" breaks something, not that that has ever happened ;)

Nothing being shown to dispel that :p

You've still plenty of time to play before and after the small two hour slot. Unless the "maintenance" breaks something, not that that has ever happened ;)

Yes, when your shift at work ends at 6 and it takes you half an hour to get home and then you have to make and eat supper and have a chat with the spouse, you really CAN play from 1700! Amazing!

The APAC server denizens are fully justified to feel hard done by - Bioware has treated them poorly ever since launch.

i have a crazy idea for you here if you are going to bring down the servers y not do it at a time where there aren't alot of players online. and u may say there aren't alot online when u do this but every single time u bring them down its is the pacific servers peek time every time do you even look to see when your down times are or are you just delibritly doing this to annoy us cause if you are its working no wonder player numbers are dropping on the apc servers cause we are all sick of being screwed around by stuff like this :mad:

So in doing that you have created an entire new confused masses of players in the US that have no freaking clue what the heck GMT or UTC time is compared to PST, EST, CST etc. Is there a place that shows all the current world time zones where we could deciper this for ourselves? I am in EST and I cannot figure out what time the servers are going down. All I know is I am in a time zone that is -5 gmt time and that still doesn't help me to figure it out.

So in doing that you have created an entire new confused masses of players in the US that have no freaking clue what the heck GMT or UTC time is compared to PST, EST, CST etc. Is there a place that shows all the current world time zones where we could deciper this for ourselves? I am in EST and I cannot figure out what time the servers are going down. All I know is I am in a time zone that is -5 gmt time and that still doesn't help me to figure it out.

Well its been in use since 1963, so i can understand how, in the land that still uses imperial measurments, that would be "new" and confusing.

Well its been in use since 1963, so i can understand how, in the land that still uses imperial measurments, that would be "new" and confusing.

Well considering that we are not taught about UTC, Zulu, GMT, BST time zones yes it is confusing. I am 43 years old and I had never even heard of UTC, BST or even GMT until recently. I did see a link on this very thread that links a site that shows our current time in UTC which is very helpful.