64bit client and DX11/12 plz.

Marctraider

Simple request. the first 64bit consumer cpus were released 15 years ago

XP (and thus dx9) have both been deprecated for a decade,

seriously bioware get your game together.

Look at my hardwar specs, my hw is under utilized atm.

|

|

v

Edited by Marctraider

/signed

Not so much for the DX12, but for BW to migrate from 32-bit to 64-bit environment; means a lot more polygons and bigger texture maps. I'm not sure if they use bumpmaps, spec maps etc. But the reason I want to see more pologns used on characters are to add the "Age"-slider.

Edited by SplashNOR
More info

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 and DX12 aren't even out yet, and the game engine can't handle anything higher than DX9.

Also, if the engine is upgraded, most modern engines have a built-in gore system, which would automatically bump the rating up to M, which Bioware doesn't want until 4.0

Windows 10 and DX12 aren't even out yet, and the game engine can't handle anything higher than DX9.

Also, if the engine is upgraded, most modern engines have a built-in gore system, which would automatically bump the rating up to M, which Bioware doesn't want until 4.0

Ahm, retexture it to transparent while reducing polygon count to minimum? While enabling parent codes/official mods for more mature content (subs only ofc) I'm no designer but... guess that's it.

Also /signed.

Simple request. the first 64bit consumer cpus were released 15 years ago

XP (and thus dx9) have both been deprecated for a decade,

seriously bioware get your game together.

Look at my hardwar specs, my hw is under utilized atm.

|

|

v

While I support having a 64 bit client, OEMs are still installing 32 bit clients on their low end machines, and MMOs still tend to favor low end machines, which is why almost no MMOs offer 64 bit clients. DX12 will be Windows 10 only when it comes out, so while I'd also like to see DX12 support, unless the install base for Windows 10 gets very large very fast, there is likely minimal gain to be expected.

While I support having a 64 bit client, OEMs are still installing 32 bit clients on their low end machines, and MMOs still tend to favor low end machines, which is why almost no MMOs offer 64 bit clients. DX12 will be Windows 10 only when it comes out, so while I'd also like to see DX12 support, unless the install base for Windows 10 gets very large very fast, there is likely minimal gain to be expected.

I agree, but I also would like to point out that if MS fully delivers on all of their promises about Windows 10, it is poised to finally overtake XP as the most widely used MS OS. I think that is a pretty big if though, and I still can't help but feel like MS has something up their sleeve on this free upgrade to Windows 10 deal they are going to offer.

As for a 64 bit client and updated DirectX support though, I think we have a better shot of getting a new Star Wars MMO, because I think that might be less work than trying to update the current game for these features.

They will want their game to be compatible with as many machines as possible, no MMO is going to elimiate those on 32bit machines from playing their games, that's like trying to say upgrade to 64 bit or you can't play, players won't do that, they'll just go else where. While more polygons would be nice, they are going to be like other MMOs and allow their game to work on both 32 bit and 64bit and multiple versions of DX. I have DX11 on win 7 home and game plays fine. I'm sure they'll do DX 12 at some point but not until enough people are using it for it to make a difference. I sure won't be leaving win 7 till the end of life for it like I did with XP.

They will want their game to be compatible with as many machines as possible, no MMO is going to elimiate those on 32bit machines from playing their games, that's like trying to say upgrade to 64 bit or you can't play, players won't do that, they'll just go else where. While more polygons would be nice, they are going to be like other MMOs and allow their game to work on both 32 bit and 64bit and multiple versions of DX. I have DX11 on win 7 home and game plays fine. I'm sure they'll do DX 12 at some point but not until enough people are using it for it to make a difference. I sure won't be leaving win 7 till the end of life for it like I did with XP.

I think 64 bit would not require more hardware, but less hardware with a FPS and quality increase. As i read some forums and things while trying to increase my fps, i discovered lots of things, one of them being 32-bit game has poor performance on decent hardware. Something related to memory/cpu usage.

About the DX, 11 would be fine for now and many years.

Edited by James_Mcturney
forgot to say one thing

I think 64 bit would not require more hardware, but less hardware with a FPS and quality increase. As i read some forums and things while trying to increase my fps, i discovered lots of things, one of them being 32-bit game has poor performance on decent hardware. Something related to memory/cpu usage.

About the DX, 11 would be fine for now and many years.

If the minimum requirements for the game are currently sufficiently high-end that all "acceptable" (i.e. meets the minimum requirements) CPUs are 64-bit, and all acceptable OS builds are also 64-bit, then (and only then) you can kill off the 32-bit client. As long as you have a part of your customer base that has an acceptable machine with a 32-bit CPU and/or OS build, you must keep the 32-bit client around. Of course that doesn't preclude making a 64-bit build for people who have suitable machines...

And yes, a 64-bit client probably would require more hardware, in the sense that the code will be larger (all those 64-bit addresses and other data elements), so you need more memory at the very least.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the "Hero" huge pile of junk (bioware austin Texas dare to call it Engine) isnt that much a Hero!

It is one of the worst thinks in the gaming history ever seen. Such a pathetic work.

I truly like the game a lot, great stories, not that much awesome Gameplay, but still functional and view realy good ideas.

It makes me so sick, sad and angry at all. Even FF14ARR gets dx11 with the Xpack, because it has to be done...

On my system is only ONE 32bit programm, an non of my games since 2010 is running on Stoneage.0c.

Bioware cut do so much more with a Gaming engine, so much more. Modern computers can run so much faster, like this crap. Sy but Stone Age.0c can even notis the most off my Hardeware. This issue have the most gamers today, i guess.

I mean, bevor the game release date, i talked with some friends, how awesome starwars like must the pvp working. Big, real big pvp areas with battlewalkers, piloting, Space Blockades and hundreds of players against each other...

We get woke thats for sure! Pointless and boring WoW cloned pvp. Oh no, less than WoW her is not even a 40vs40 Battleground, They cant even handle this... ofc the very most Computers will burn out, because of the worse programming and the incredible week and poor "Hero-Engine"...:mad:

Well, the "Hero" huge pile of junk (bioware austin Texas dare to call it Engine) isnt that much a Hero!

It is one of the worst thinks in the gaming history ever seen. Such a pathetic work.

I truly like the game a lot, great stories, not that much awesome Gameplay, but still functional and view realy good ideas.

It makes me so sick, sad and angry at all. Even FF14ARR gets dx11 with the Xpack, because it has to be done...

On my system is only ONE 32bit programm, an non of my games since 2010 is running on Stoneage.0c.

Bioware cut do so much more with a Gaming engine, so much more. Modern computers can run so much faster, like this crap. Sy but Stone Age.0c can even notis the most off my Hardeware. This issue have the most gamers today, i guess.

I mean, bevor the game release date, i talked with some friends, how awesome starwars like must the pvp working. Big, real big pvp areas with battlewalkers, piloting, Space Blockades and hundreds of players against each other...

We get woke thats for sure! Pointless and boring WoW cloned pvp. Oh no, less than WoW her is not even a 40vs40 Battleground, They cant even handle this... ofc the very most Computers will burn out, because of the worse programming and the incredible week and poor "Hero-Engine"...:mad:

I hope you know that wow copied it from other mmos, so calling swtor a wow clone is.......inaccurate.