QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

AdamGe

Hey there folks,

Happy Friday! I wanted to pop in and say that this is a cool thread, and we'll keep an eye on it. We love seeing your feedback, and it is fun reading about the things that you'd like to see and what would make your in-game life better. :D

You love seeing our feedback? Then why are bugs that have existed and been reported since beta still in the core game?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You love seeing our feedback? Then why are bugs that have existed and been reported since beta still in the core game?

Because there will always be some small bugs that exist from beta in any MMO. Can never fix everything.

They fixed some however, like the companion's saber bug,big butt from robe,...

Edited by Alduinsm

Because there will always be some small bugs that exist from beta in any MMO. Can never fix everything.

They fixed some however, like the companion's saber bug,big butt from robe,...

I didn't ask you I asked her. Thanks for the white knight response though.

1. Hood Toggle

2. Move pvp coms vendor and daily/weekly pvp vendor to center of fleet

3. Day/Night cycle and more weather

4. Playable Yodas

5. Establish a main hub/base for the republic and Sith on a planet.

6. Barbershop free for subscribers and new hairstyles, tattoos and scars

7. More gear and mounts that dont require the cartel market to get

8. Being able to actually sit in chairs

9. Mounts that can hold more than 1 person at a time

10. Player living quarters

11. Speeder racing

12. New Huttball map

13. 1v1 arenas for pvp

Why wait for her response when i already answered your question? If my answer is wrong then you're free to prove it.

Well your not a developer, not a member of the staff and probably not authorized too be a official speaker, community relations or represent Bioware or Electronic Arts in anyway. So I'd take her response over yours. So.. just proved you wrong :)

I didn't ask you I asked her. Thanks for the white knight response though.

This game has bugs and some from the very beginning. That has nothing to do with this thread. Being rude is pointless and you opened the door yourself with your bitter response. I would be surprised if you did get an answere because I wouldn't respond to it. Whatever they say, you will not be happy until it is exactly what you want. That just ain't gonna happen....ever.

So, two things:

First of all, there are different teams doing different things. Implementing new ideas is not the same as fixing bugs. So don't confuse the two elements.

Secondly, I don't know of a single game that doesn't have bugs. Is this the first game you played? Now, of course I do agree that BW screwed up a lot. They didn't play things right last year for sure and the game got punished for it badly. But as we all know by now, the game is doing better than last summer. Your mindset is still in last summer. Get with the times I'd say.

PS: This is also a thread in general forum. If you post here anyone can respond to it. Just part of it, no need to get upset about other people replying.

Back on topic:

There are a lot of good ideas here and BW can see what people want. I think that the proof is still in the pudding, so here's the challenge to you BW. Let's see what you do with it :)

I wish you could customize the interior of your ship more. Let's be honest, your ship is really just player-owned housing in disguise. Why not embrace that a little more?

Ever played X-Wing: Alliance? Your ship started to get filled with little mission souvenirs/trophies as you progressed. It turned a bare and drab ship into something more personal and unique.

I'd love to see more options to make additions to the interior of your own ship and give reasons to invite others onto it (because you can, but few people bother because... what's the point?). Plus, I've always liked the idea of armor/weapon racks. Display your old gear that you remember fondly but don't use anymore.

Edited by Jomero

There is that one change I would really like to see and it falls more under QOL than anything else:

Companions often have line or two when entering new area, and it's nice to hear them talk. However, they can't talk when they are unsummoned for whatever reason, including being on speeder. So right now to hear them, one has to dismount before approaching area that possibly could trigger conversation, or run on feet all the time. With speeders avaible so much earlier, that is big drawback, and it would be nice if they could speak their lines even when not active.

While we're at speeders and companions, there seems to be slight freeze associated with summinig companions(and when using speeders, that means often), probably resulting from way their graphic is loaded and unloaded so often, keeping companion data in memory for as long as they are active, not reloading each time they are resummoned.

Chat reply that bloody works. Sick of hitting reply, typing 1/2 a message, getting a tell from a 2nd person while I type, still seeing [Reply to: Name1] then hitting enter and having it go to Name2. Can't tab through recent chat senders to reply. In almost all respects the chat frame is generally a dogs breakfast and this has been pointed out weekly for over a year with no action.

1. Trying to remember what to type in to unstuck. Fix the getting stuck everywhere.

2. Ship to planet versus ship to space dock.

3. More integration of added companions (HK-51 is shutout of too many storylines...will future companion additions be the same way?).

4. Make slot machines and tables work on NarShadaa.

5. A grand race event on tatooine.

6. Ability to select set bonus with the gear you want (once youve unlocked it of course).

7. Guild area/ship/space station.

8. Dunno...redo the space mission thing completely. Does anyone actually play it now? Ships and battles more like BSGO or STO would be cool and open up 1/3 of the game to alot of people who don't do it in its current state.

8a. PVP space battles.

9. duel spec ability.

10. Star wars appropriate speeders....tautaun speeder on tatoonie and that wampa thing on hoth.

11. appearance, gear, companion appearance adjustments/coloring changes...even if we have to pay for it.

12. Day Night Cycles & Weather Effects

13. something that makes legacy level 50 mean something.

14. something that makes maxing out reputation mean something.

15. account wide friend, ignore, and settings

16. some more randomness....mobs respawn in different location, aggro range shortens when they walk by their dead teammates, they ask their buddy if they are ok when an op tranq's them. etc. Something. An NPC strolling over the dead bodies and 3 mobs and not taking notice. Most of the stuff you can just run or fly around mobs without them noticing. Spice things up so its not so predictable.

17. more datacron, achievements, world bosses.

18. achievement sheet for character so you can see all youve done....kills, deaths, number of times in kaon etc.

19. Mix in some use of vehicles, space ships, etc to flashpoints and operations. More puzzles and challenges as well. Think of empire strikes back where they had to take down those at-ats with the ships and cables.

Something's i've seen or heard talked about that I don't agree with are account or legacy wide sharing that provides more than a convenience....datacrons, gear and cargo holds. codex is ok, but none of the other things that give competitive advantage should be implemented. It's an inconvenience yes, but each toon should have to earn them to get them if they provide a benefit to combat, healing, tanking etc. I have 13 lvl 50s and have collected about 600 or so datacrons in all so I know why there is interest in it, but keep the legacy/account perks to convenience only things. I mean really. +40 all stats would be a game changer for the first 20 levels and not even close to fair to new players.

- Hood toggle

- Classic jedi / sith robes. Preferably the full CM purchased set variety, equipable at lvl 1

- armor dyes

- Chance to RE random armor drops to orange, or provide crafting schematics for these models

- New hair styles that are unique to PC's. I dislike repeatably being in a cut scene with a NPC that has my exact hair cut

- Legacy vault

- Companion shared mounts. Expedition dialog should trigger while mounted with them also

- Boarding ship should not be an automatic take off

- Increase the aggro range for wandering strong mobs when approaching PC's in combat. I also like the idea of having some wandering (or static with a very large aggro range) mobs that act like real scouts. If they come upon you while engaged in combat, they run to their nearest mob group and aggro that pack back to you. Or reinforce said group and grant it some form of "readiness" bolster.

- New body models, i.e. for males something in between 2 and 3

- I really liked someone's idea about having weapon sound tied to the type of color crystal used. As its a shame to have a particular model you like visually not sound the way you want.

-Hood toggle

- More robust chat system with a particular focus on how whispers are handled so I don't mistell all the time!

-Minigames!

-More UI options. For example, I'd like to be able to select which buffs/debuffs become more visibly pronounced on enemy players in PvP or mobs in PvE.

Padawan/Apprentice System (i.e. Sidekicking or whatever else you want to call it)

I, and many of my guild mates, would like the capability to group with our other guild mates that aren't precisely in level range with us. While it is always possible to grab someone of much higher level and "help" them on their characters, for some people (myself included) beating the snot out of mobs that are hugely below level of our characters is boring as sin. The same can be said for being a low level character grouped with a bunch of higher-level characters and being drug along as an ineffectual member of the group, boring as sin again..

I very much want to see this. The 1-50 (soon 55) game is a fabulous part of SWTOR. I love being able to grab a character and help my friends out, but if they are level 25 and all I have are 2 50s, a 38, and a level 12, I can't join them without making what could be a fun encounter mind-numbingly boring.

Adding a system that does this, especially one that allows me to take a high level character and play lower level content as a level appropriate character, also allows one to add missions into the leveling game, which helps keep the 1-cap experience fresh.

I'd also love a Legacy friends list, so if I log into a Republic character I could also see friends who are logged into Empire side.

Edited by StratoNexus

I want to see PvP mean something. As it sits right now you can 100% completely suck at the game and still given time get the best PvP gear in the game.

PvP need to take skill to get ahead just like PvE. You cannot suck it up in PvE all night lose at everything you try to do and come out with a set of gear like PvP. Ranked comms should ONLY come from ranked matches and only be rewarded to the winning team. If you are rewarded while losing its makes it so people do not bother trying to win because they still get the gear.

As it sits PvP is a time grind it has nothing at all to do with player ability, It simply takes a bad player longer to get the gear but they still get it. If you suck at PvP you shouldn't be rewarded anyways.

I would like to see a friends lists that will follow friends instead of characters. Some people I only want to know if their character is around, and others I would like to know if they're just online playing any character.

Shared legacy bay, for all characters in my legacy.

Obviously all the games, Sabbac, Pazzac and Swoop Racing.

Major Guild Update including a guild capital ship (some day :) ) Guild quests, calendar, progression ect..

I would like to have SWTOR functionality outside of the game client. Like buying and selling on the GTN, messages, crew skills and crafting controls ect.

RP areas. The idea was to reuse some of the old walled off quest areas.

Edited by Alavastre

I would love to see character tabs for PVE and PVP so that you just have to toggle a "make active" switch and you are wearing that armor so that we don't use up valuable inventory space carrying around the equipment that we aren't currently using.

I know Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has this feature and it was nice being able to switch to a different set of gear depending on what you were doing and didn't have to either carry it around in your inventory or manually have to swtich everything out. Vanguard had three different gear tabs back when I played it one for Adventure gear, Diplomacy gear and Crafting gear, there may have been a fourth tab now that I think about it for harvesting gear, but I can't remember.

That would be a great QoL improvement for me.

I'd REALLY love to see a simple change to the GTN.

Make it so, when sorting by lowest --> highest price, it sorts by unit price! (Or, at least give an option to sort by unit price).

I feel many people don't sell things in stacks because they're never on the first page when looking at lowest --> highest price, and not everyone thinks to look at unit price (which is already in game).