Consolidated Guild ideas

Thylbanus

I might suggest that a co-guild leader and/or second in command rank be applied. In this way, they can have access to such things as modding guild ranks and GB access. There could be an option to lock certain areas by the GL so that the second in command could not alter.

A mail system that allows mail to be sent to specific ranks or all members of a guild.

A vote system that would call on members of rank or all members to vote. Also the associated ablity to assign vote calls to rank by the guild leader.

Along with the vote system, the ability for the guild leader to call on assigned as officers to vote kick a member and an auto ejection if passed. No one but the guild leader would be able to see who voted which way.

Expand the Guild Bank ledger to include a lifetime contribution and perhapse additional tabs with time groupings set by the GL.

A tracker as to who left and why. Did they delete the character or quit.

The ability to set bans for certain characters that could be extended to account. For example, a guild member steals a bunch of money and leaves. This person then creates another toon to try to join the guild and do the same again. This would not reveal all the characters on that persons account, just block them from rejoining a guild to prevent it from happening again.

Along with that a tracker that would allow the GL to see who invited whom to join. That way it could be tracked who was making good and bad decisions on who they invited.

Being able to mail guild invites

More fun ideas -

Guild badges and awards for service. Something that the guild could see that is created by the GL. Sort of like how EVE does. Three modable images, the top bar, ribbon, and medal. These don't have to be shown in game, just on the profile or guild charter list. The GL could make different ones at a price in credits. That would be another money sink. Some players don't want to assume more responsibility in a guild, but I'd like to recognize contributions of these players.

Perhaps some sort of guild craftable that they could wear, like social items to create guild uniforms. This could be done as guild events or guild missions. Much like WZ, the guild has to contribute to a pool and when these guild commondations reach a certain level, the GL can chose schematics for a guild crafter to create. That could lead to a whole new frenzy of crafting and group missions thereby creating team cohesion.

To add to this you could also set aside a certain month or months during the year that have special guild mission rewards. Craftables that DO have a worth such as special mods or gear with set bonuses. That way you would generate interest and camaraderie in the guild. And as we all know, the closer a guild is, the less likely it would be that they leave the game.

Guild leveling. Kind of of like the legacy system but for the guild. Have guild specific missions also add into guild xp. Even have all mission give a certain amount of xp during the guild months.

This could tie into some sort of guild hall function. Guild halls could be purchased when they reach a certain level. This could be access via the Fleet. Perhaps a universal door that is specifically instanced to a guild hall or room. Maybe even a shuttle in the Fleet that takes you to your own guild capital ship. You wouldn't be able to fly the ship anywhere (unless that would be part of a guild month mission, kinda cool), but there would be rooms that could be unlocked either via credits or guild missions.

You might start off with the bridge, captain's room (the GLs own room that can only be accessed when the GL is in the room and grants you access), and conference room. Expand on that and you could have recreation areas, common rooms, guild and personal bank access, mail, GTN kiosk, ship hangers for instant access from your ship, armory (where you would have gear vendors that sold guild special items), med bay (where you would have guild special adrenals and health pack vendors). Also a boost center or exercise room where you get guild buffs. These buffs could be purchased or gained through missions again.

Maybe even work in a minigame into the buffs. Tie them into a timed mini-game that relates to the buff. For example, Aim - a target range mini-game like Hooligan's Alley. Intelligence - some sort of puzzle game like the hacking or bypass in Mass Effect. Cunning - Use a minigame similar to Go or even Pazaak. Strength - a simple button masher that equates you lifting weights or working out. Kind of like the old Olympic games from the Atari days. (obviously this would be a back burner idea, but would be fun to implement later on down the line)

Anyone have other ideas?

If you looking for ideas about a guild hall / Guild Capital Ship. I suggest looking up what Star Trek Online is doing with "Fleet Starbases"... I would like to see something on that scale implemented. Where the guild builds and funishes, builds and refits their whole guild with "guild" items and trophies.

If you looking for ideas about a guild hall / Guild Capital Ship. I suggest looking up what Star Trek Online is doing with "Fleet Starbases"... I would like to see something on that scale implemented. Where the guild builds and funishes, builds and refits their whole guild with "guild" items and trophies.

What they did for guilds in DDO also is a jumping point. It was the first time I saw a point to being in a guild.

I would love to see the enemies and allies guilds were told to pick at launch actually mean something. In other words, be able to declare war on enemy guilds, and have alliances with guilds in game, complete with a built-in Coalition chat channel. Allow "extra" areas where enemy guilds can clash. The current game's design inhibits guild vs. guild combat, so small new areas may have to be added. UO had a great guild system and it all fell by the wayside as Blizzard succeeded with the greed model. MMOs had meaning before that, the worlds were more than instance launchpads.

Going along with this, taking a page out of some other games' base designs, I liked the CoH/V system, but other games have done it well too...give us the ability to build an instanced area and customize it just for our guild, whether it's a guild hall, ship, base on a specific planet. Give us the ability to raid the bases of enemy guilds and damage certain parts of it.

The way CoV did it, once you purchased certain types of item for your base, you were then vulnerable to attack. Those bonus items could be destroyed, but the base would remain intact. You could pick a scheduled time where those bases could be attacked so your guild can be there to defend it.

Guild play outside of RWZ Epeen is completely missing from this game. Would love to see it added, rather than guilds being an afterthought.