Biochem 400 Purples BoP ***.

Pheelin

Ok so it seems that everything I can make from Biochem at 400 and purple is Bind on Pickup. All of the items on the trainer are BoP, so I don't even have to buy the ones I wont use.

I did Black Talon Hard Mode and the last boss dropped a 400 Biochem Implant schematic. The item was an Implant that looked to be for a sorc. Cool right? No because its BoP and I'm a Merc BH its completely useless to me and I can't make it for my guild.

Am I only Biochem for the 3 or 4 items I can use for myself? I'm fine with only making reusable medpacs and even stims for myself but a Boss dropped purple schematic is only for myself? That's dumb.

sorry if there was a thread about this already, I didn't see it.

Each craft has their own specific "perks". Biochem gets special implants and stimpacks, Artifice gets relics, armor crafting skills gets armor, Cybertech gets ear slot gear, bombs, and vehicles, Armstech gets... you know, I can't rightly remember what Armstech gets that's special. Probably some kind of non-force user weapon, which isn't really all that special I guess.

Its not that I make "some" special things for myself. its EVERYTHING. I can't make ANY purples for anyone else. I can make green implants for people but who wants them?

Purple Medpac - BoP

Purple Stims - BoP

Purple Adrenal - BoP

Purple Implant - BoP

Cybertech can make purple gear and purpe ship mods for other people

Armortech can make purple gear for other people

I can't make purple anything for anyone. It doesn't make sense.

The blues are actually more effective, just not re-usable. So make lots of the blues and sell or give those to other people.

The blues implants are not better than the purple. It doesn't make sense that a gear slot item I can make from a purple recipe off a boss is only for myself. Im fine with everything else being BoP but that is the only gear I make. Im just /sadface irl

Ok so it seems that everything I can make from Biochem at 400 and purple is Bind on Pickup. All of the items on the trainer are BoP, so I don't even have to buy the ones I wont use.

I did Black Talon Hard Mode and the last boss dropped a 400 Biochem Implant schematic. The item was an Implant that looked to be for a sorc. Cool right? No because its BoP and I'm a Merc BH its completely useless to me and I can't make it for my guild.

Am I only Biochem for the 3 or 4 items I can use for myself? I'm fine with only making reusable medpacs and even stims for myself but a Boss dropped purple schematic is only for myself? That's dumb.

I agree this is one **** of a problem it seems that the best of every profession is BoP its wrong!!!

Because of that reason I picked up slicing and kept by level 80 biochem there just so I can use my resusable medkit while its still useful... I'll be going synthweaving at about 40 now

Edited by Gatran

Its not that I make "some" special things for myself. its EVERYTHING. I can't make ANY purples for anyone else. I can make green implants for people but who wants them?

Purple Medpac - BoP

Purple Stims - BoP

Purple Adrenal - BoP

Purple Implant - BoP

Cybertech can make purple gear and purpe ship mods for other people

Armortech can make purple gear for other people

I can't make purple anything for anyone. It doesn't make sense.

That is just plain wrong. Every green you can make has corresponding purples if you reverse engineer the item. Any BoE medpack/stim/adrenal/implant you can make can be a purple and you can sell it.

Biochem Adrenals/Stim/Medpacks are only BoP for the Rakata or level 50 purples. These are the main benefit of being a Biochemist. The material used to produce them is BoP and must be acquired in a heroic FPs or operations. Makes sense that these items are BoP as well. If they weren't they would essentially become another equipment slot because everyone would absolutely have to have them with absolutely no exception.

You can make the lvl 48/49 purple variations of all other Biochem items that are not BoP. So... You can make medpacks/stims/adrenals and more importantly, ALL of the variations of lvl 49 implants. These recipes are discovered by reverse engineering the green level 49 implants. These purples are end game raiding implants if you crit for an augment slot on them.

Not sure about this schematic you found, but I'm fairly certain it is comparable to the BH implants you can already make just from reverse engineering the basic green level 49 implants. I sold an Aim/End crit purple implant for 425k on Iron Citadel.

Edited by LaughingMountain

Are you talking about a BoP schematic, a scematic for a BoP implant, or a BoP schematic for a BoP implant? Unless it's the latter I don't see where there's a problem.