[Video] Noob Merc

Nightkin

Tips, well develop a fairly keen sense of situational awareness and use the geography to your advantage. You lack any real defensive cooldowns so you gotta make em count or your dead, dont get caught in the melee train so to speak. And dont do ranged duels with snipers :p

You were totaly ignored by the adverse team... you were lucky ^^

But i saw that you had a lot of difficulty to kill an unstuff sorcerer (15k pv, near 9min)... this vidéo confirm that BH need a big up ^^

Edited by Dorados

Wow.... how do you go through nearly a full match without being truly engaged by a warrior type? That's the tip I want!

On my server I would run out of cartel coins pretty quick to pay off all the lolsmash and derpyassassins. This video represents an unattainable dream for me: being invisible to the enemy team.

The reason I never post vids or screenshots like this is I actually believe it hurts our cause because people at BW look at videos like this and say, "See! The class is fine! In fact it's awesome!!! Now let's get to work helping smash spec out some more!"

Edited by Krozis

Wow.... how do you go through nearly a full match without being truly engaged by a warrior type? That's the tip I want!

On my server I would run out of cartel coins pretty quick to pay off all the lolsmash and derpyassassins. This video represents an unattainable dream for me: being invisible to the enemy team.

The reason I never post vids or screenshots like this is I actually believe it hurts our cause because people at BW look at videos like this and say, "See! The class is fine! In fact it's awesome!!! Now let's get to work helping smash spec out some more!"

let's all play rage mara and record videos then.

Maybes its called avoiding problem before problem finds me. I know we have it extremely difficult against any other class 1vs1 so i tend to avoid it at all costs. In pretty much every fight you can see me move so im not the prime target. Thats not good tactics really but its what im forced to do since i cant really handle 1vs1 myself, so i let someone else take the pain and shoot them in the back. Not very heroic but its where our class balance forces us to be right now :( Edited by Nightkin

Maybes its called avoiding problem before problem finds me. I know we have it extremely difficult against any other class 1vs1 so i tend to avoid it at all costs. In pretty much every fight you can see me move so im not the prime target. Thats not good tactics really but its what im forced to do since i cant really handle 1vs1 myself, so i let someone else take the pain and shoot them in the back. Not very heroic but its where our class balance forces us to be right now :(

Thats the key right there, its easy in huttball cause of all the different levels but the others its more difficult.

Thats the key right there, its easy in huttball cause of all the different levels but the others its more difficult.

Yeah thats exactly it, huttball is the only place where i can get atleast a little defence due to the ramps, jumps and fires :)

Yeah thats exactly it, huttball is the only place where i can get atleast a little defence due to the ramps, jumps and fires :)

Uh, no. It's because in Huttball, good players know it isn't about killing the enemy. A good Huttball team can virtually ignore a Merc standing on the upper levels. The Merc doesn't have enough firepower to dps down a tank carrying the ball, can't yank him into a fire pit, and can't push him off a distant ramp. And since the Merc doesn't even have enough firepower to dps down a sprinter going a head of the ball carrier, the Merc is irrelevant. Nowadays the Merc can't even stun an enemy crossing a distant firepit. The Merc is useless so he gets the ultimate insult from the enemy team - he is ignored.

W-6 just watch your Vid mate and i say job well done, your play style is just like mine and your aware of things going around you at all times and its good to see..

One thing i noticed tho that will help you out a little more, and i only say this coz i didnt notice it much in that video.. Interrupt more, i saw a few times against healers you just let them cast or channel. :) but other than that mate great video, good to see another Arsenal merc cleaning up :)

Uh, no. It's because in Huttball, good players know it isn't about killing the enemy. A good Huttball team can virtually ignore a Merc standing on the upper levels. The Merc doesn't have enough firepower to dps down a tank carrying the ball, can't yank him into a fire pit, and can't push him off a distant ramp. And since the Merc doesn't even have enough firepower to dps down a sprinter going a head of the ball carrier, the Merc is irrelevant. Nowadays the Merc can't even stun an enemy crossing a distant firepit. The Merc is useless so he gets the ultimate insult from the enemy team - he is ignored.

You went hugged enough as a child were you.

Mercs wont be the best players on the team, but we can do our best to make good out of a bad situation. And i dont know about you but my Merc can take down a ballhandler so you just arnt making the best out of your class.

W-6 just watch your Vid mate and i say job well done, your play style is just like mine and your aware of things going around you at all times and its good to see..

One thing i noticed tho that will help you out a little more, and i only say this coz i didnt notice it much in that video.. Interrupt more, i saw a few times against healers you just let them cast or channel. :) but other than that mate great video, good to see another Arsenal merc cleaning up :)

I dont take offence at all, im very grateful for any hint of tip i can get to improve my game. Thank you Kript!

I kinda agree with you, to a extent. Any decent team still need a couple of dpsers to hold the middle area clean of vermin ;)

I dont take offence at all, im very grateful for any hint of tip i can get to improve my game. Thank you Kript!

NP then also clean up your UI and task bar, made my eyes bleed a little :p there are few things on there that i dont think an Arsenal Merc needs :) flame unit, FM and blaster sweeping fire (50/50 on this one)

Side note, Im trying to Frap my game play but when i do hit record my game really slows/lags up. i dont think its a hard wear problem though? PC isnt old or lacking.

Are there any other good programs to use for filming game play that i should try?

Side note, Im trying to Frap my game play but when i do hit record my game really slows/lags up. i dont think its a hard wear problem though? PC isnt old or lacking.

Are there any other good programs to use for filming game play that i should try?

Not sure really, i use Fraps. And yeah my UI is a mess xD