Level 50 Daily Mission Guide (Empire)

Tenacity

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks for putting together this guide, it was very helpful.

Also, not sure if it is mentioned in this thread as I didn't read every comment, but level 50 is not required to start the Ilum or Belsavis dailies.

I got both the Ilum and Belsavis 'breadcrum' quests at Fleet as soon as I finished my class story at 47, so I know they are open by 47, not sure if they are open sooner.

A friend of mine came to Belsavis with me that had not finished their class story and was able to get the quest from the guy on the space station, though was unable to get all the quests on Ilum.

Doing Ilum and Belsavis for several days before hitting 50 netted me a decent amount of credits, some very useful mods and companion gear, and gave me a head start on getting the commendations for implants and earpieces.

I would highly recommend starting these dailies as soon as you can. For PVE this is the equivalent of saving up warzone commendation to get a jump start on gearing at 50.

Also under tips:

The quest items for Defend the Shipment are almost always bugged. Sometimes you can find ones that are not, sometimes they all seem to be bugged. If they appear bugged, move on.

The items for Sabotage can sometimes be difficult to find, they look like mixers and the interactive ones are usually in the western part of the area, and have a circular plate at the bottom. The ones standing on legs with no plate at the bottom cannot be used for the quest.

Lights Out can be soloed by anyone. Follow the left wall until you are close to the first generator. CC / send you companion at the group on stairs, run in and hit the shield, run to the next shield generator.

Try to die where you can rezz behind the champion. Send companion in and hit the second one. If you are quick enough, you should be able to get close enough to the third to rezz behind the group on the stairs.

If so, jump on top of generator control, click item, and port back to base (you won't engage the third group in combat). Worst case you may have to die a third time while hitting the third generator. If so, simply rezz back at base.

You can also unequip items to reduce repair costs, but remember, the less equipment you wear, the less health you have, and that might mean more deaths pushing your rezz cooldown out to ten minutes or more.

Freeing the Fallen can also be soloed by anyone. I've been able to fight through the first couple of droid groups solo, but it is slow and rough as a fresh 50 (or a 47-48 lol).

However a suicide run through the first group with a rezz right before the last group is fast and easy. Then you can blow cool downs to survive running through the last droid group, pull them onto the jedi boss, and watch them kill each other.

Watch the health of the jedi. If the droids kill him, you will get credit and only have to use the item in the vault to release the prisoners and complete the quest. If the jedi is winning, be sure to engage him right before he finishes the last droid, or he will reset and you will have to fight him from full (which is doable but killing him when he has less than 5k health is so much easier).

Old Enemies can be soloed by well geared players, while it may be difficult for an under geared group of less than four. The last boss hits really hard on under-geared players / companions, and will spam heal himself below 50%, so interrupts are key.

Even with a group, it is faster to simply blow cool downs and suicide run through all the annoying trash, with the goal to die once and rezz just behind the pillar to the right front of the boss when facing him.

Edited by DawnAskham

Lights Out can be soloed by anyone. Follow the left wall until you are close to the first generator. CC / send you companion at the group on stairs, run in and hit the shield, run to the next shield generator.

Try to die where you can rezz behind the champion. Send companion in and hit the second one. If you are quick enough, you should be able to get close enough to the third to rezz behind the group on the stairs.

If so, jump on top of generator control, click item, and port back to base (you won't engage the third group in combat). Worst case you may have to die a third time while hitting the third generator. If so, simply rezz back at base.

You can also unequip items to reduce repair costs, but remember, the less equipment you wear, the less health you have, and that might mean more deaths pushing your rezz cooldown out to ten minutes or more.

Some things to note...

If you are soloing Lights Out, it helps to have a Healer Companion as your active Companion. Mount your Speeder and ride to a Button, when you dismount, push the button immediately. As you get attacked, your Healer will start to heal you and consequently gain agro from everyone. After you push the button you run towards the Entrance of the Phase, aiming for one of the diagonally aligned walls that lead to the tunnel entrance. If you touch one of these walls, you actually phase out and reset the enemies.

You can also go up and aorund the phase on the left side of the entrance as was mentioned by this poster. The first generator is impossible to avoid getting agro, but the second one with the Champion and the third one can both be pushed without gaining agro at all (which will allow you to mount your speeder and ride out of the phase). The one with the Champion just needs to be pushed with your character pushed up against the side of the console so that you are LoS of the Champion using the console, then rotate your camera to push the button.

Another thing to watch out for is that if you didn't actually do the Belsavis planet quests up to the point of unlocking the Rakata Transporter you might not be able to complete the second half of the dailies there. Ran into 1 person who only lvl'd via PvP and didn't do any other planetary quests and couldn't get up to Freeing the Fallen or any of the other dailies in the area.

So for those who only level by PvPing, you might want to actually do some of the planetary quests as well...

Great guide, I've bookmarked it.

In terms of Belsavis Dailes, I was able to run some of the daily missions before I hit 50. From the Imperial Domination Outpost.

I mention this as I noted some level 4x character saying he would need this soon. I had Daily Comms in my Inventory at level 49. Maybe it was a bug... I'll see if it happens again when I roll a new character :p

Also, you can run two of the Ilum dailies without having finished your class quest.

Edited by QuiJonPed

Nice, helpful guide.

Question - this may be wrong place to ask, but Defend the Shipment is still buggy. Get No Item Found message when clicking on the shipment. The old solution was to switch instances (Ilum 1 to Ilum 2) - however, on Fatman server, which is usually heavy, Ilum hasn't been populated enough lately and doesn't have two instances.

Any oher known workarounds?

This is quite helpful. I originally quit playing about 4 days after official launch day because I had no idea what to do after hitting level 50 and was bored. Started playing again about a month ago, but was just leveling alts. Not being in a guild doesn't help my cause any, but with this guide I'll at least have an idea of what I need to do. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi! Thank you for the incredibly useful guide. My duo just hit 50 last night and I came here searching for a gearing guide for HMs and found this little gem! Please let me know where I can find your guide on the Corellia dailies when it is available....keep up the good work!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I never got around to updating this with the new daily mission info. Fact is that I quit playing SW:TOR more than a month ago and never really got around to doing the new black hole missions before then.

I might be back in the loop once they add playable cathar, or i might not, we'll see.

• 8 months later...

I just searched for this Guide... and Dam.. im happy i play on the Imperial Side lol

I know this Guide is abit old (well not tht mutch) but still i would like to Thank Tenacity for all the trouble in organising this and sharing hes experience with us... Pity u quit the game!

Once again.. thx alot for the Guide!

EDIT: On a side note... if anyone could complete the info of whts left tht would be a tremendos help for new players!

Kind Regards, Zmaster BloodLust

Edited by zmasterx