Outdated information on Holonet

iAZURAi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/imperial-agent/sniper These example abilities are no longer available. Very annoying, as when I created my sniper, I thought I would have this "Reactive Shots"... 55 already and never got it

I'm sure other class pages have same problems, so please fix them

Totally understand how that would be annoying! Updating the Holonet and other areas of SWTOR.com is one of my big projects this year. I do not have a timeline for you yet since this is a pretty big undertaking, but we are actively working on this behind the scenes!

Just take your time, we know you devs are working so hard to develop new amazing content in 9-weeks-cycle. It doesn't matter if in the beginnig the release cycle was supposed to be a 6-weeks-cycle and then shifted in 8-weeks-cycle. It also doesn't matter if you've been squeezing same content in two or three updates (As you already did with gsf as well as the next stronghold)

The matter is you're keep working on cartel market shop. :rolleyes:

You do know that the guys making stuff for the cartel market (i.E. the art department) aren't the same guys that work on gameplay content, yes? So stuff on the cartel market doesn't affect content creation in any way, aside from the obvious positive way of paying the bills.

The guys working on the website also don't have anything to do with content creation.

Just take your time, we know you devs are working so hard to develop new amazing content in 9-weeks-cycle. It doesn't matter if in the beginnig the release cycle was supposed to be a 6-weeks-cycle and then shifted in 8-weeks-cycle. It also doesn't matter if you've been squeezing same content in two or three updates (As you already did with gsf as well as the next stronghold)

wow...passive aggressive much.

There is the community team in charge of the website, cantina events, customer outreach, and the forums.

There is the dev team working on combat/balancing/new content

then there is the art team, which develops new CM items (drawings basically).

All 3 of those are separate, but sure, backhand the community team for what they have no control over.

People can only work as fast as they can on what they are tasked with doing. Everyone wants everything yesterday for free. If you think it so easy to do their job, by all means, apply and tell them what they are doing is simple and they are doing it wrong. Or you know, keep it to yourself and stop throwing drinks in their face everytime we get some feedback on actual posts. No wonder nobody wants to respond, I could never do their job..These forums would be a wasteland after I go nuclear on people bashing with out reason.

yeah, well...mine's bigger :p

and both of you said nothing. he is right. "cartel market team is a separate team" is an illusion. they take most of the investment which means other teams are small. entire pvp has one person that looks into it. bugs are all around the game etc etc.. this is the main web page of the game and information here was outdated for a while now. yes content is coming, things are moving on but way slower than it should be

and both of you said nothing. he is right. "cartel market team is a separate team" is an illusion. they take most of the investment which means other teams are small. entire pvp has one person that looks into it. bugs are all around the game etc etc.. this is the main web page of the game and information here was outdated for a while now. yes content is coming, things are moving on but way slower than it should be

what?

"they take most of the investment"? Huh?

No, CM content is a much faster development cycle and is much easier to turn out, it has low cost and brings in revenue yes. But as far as "funding" I dont' buy that for a minute. You feel like it is since we get CM updates every few weeks but content only ever few months.

Well let me tell you, development takes time, drawing pictures doesn't. If the art department had to test and validate that every piece of their armor worked with every other piece and had zero clipping issues with any object in the game, I can guarantee you that it would not be as fast as it is.

Biggest problem with people they think bug fixing and content is just a simple /magic and suddenly content. Well I can tell you. It isn't. Every developer and engineer there wants things to be fixed, but sometimes the simplest bugs are last to get fixed since they are low priority and are do not impact game play (don't give me the immersion' argument..thats a crutch).

big bugs, game breaking bugs, and new content takes time to fix. Or we can believe its simple and they are all just trying to scam us out of every penny we have since they are vile corrupt corporations.

Updating the Holonet and other areas of SWTOR.com is one of my big projects this year.

Generally speaking, Bioware does a really bad job at building any kind of knowledge base or web integration for the game. Where other games have publisher-maintained wikis, item databases, character viewers (some to the degree of a social network), etc., EA MMOs tend to have a big fat nothing. WAR was a bit of a pre-acquisition exception, but also quickly ended up with the whole thing not being worth visiting.

IMO, this game would profit immensely from stuff like an at least up-to-date version of the holonet (and we're not even close to even thinking about "comprehensive"), first-party character builders, a StackExchange-like Q&A system (hey, EA Answer HQ! You almost have an in-house solution for that!), pretty much any love to the public- and player-facing web.

You know, you sound like some of my customers did back when I fixed cars.

"Why isn't the car ready yet?"

-Because they need to put the new paintjob on it and they have 2 other cars to do before they can do your car.

"Then why aren't you helping them so it'll go faster!?!?!?!"

-Because I repair bodydamage and have clue how to do a good paintjob?

"Oh how hard could it be? It's pretty much the same thing anyway!"

-Sure pal... sure... I'll go in there and paint your car right now and we'll see how good it looks :rolleyes:

Totally understand how that would be annoying! Updating the Holonet and other areas of SWTOR.com is one of my big projects this year. I do not have a timeline for you yet since this is a pretty big undertaking, but we are actively working on this behind the scenes!

You should also create some kind of a an Official Story Guide here on swtor.com, and maybe somehow incorporate it into the game... Thing is, I see how my friends (new to the game) are doing all the stories in wrong order (for example playing The False Emperor with GF but without The Battle of Ilum and quests on Ilum, or taking Makeb quests before finishing Chapter 3 which is common). Just a thought. Story in this game is important, but there are so many quests and FP's and Ops around that new people are confused. I know there are guides online, but they are hard to find, and players are too lazy to check them...

You should also create some kind of a an Official Story Guide here on swtor.com, and maybe somehow incorporate it into the game... Thing is, I see how my friends (new to the game) are doing all the stories in wrong order (for example playing The False Emperor with GF but without The Battle of Ilum and quests on Ilum, or taking Makeb quests before finishing Chapter 3 which is common). Just a thought. Story in this game is important, but there are so many quests and FP's and Ops around that new people are confused. I know there are guides online, but they are hard to find, and players are too lazy to check them...

Not the game's fault then, is it?

You know, you sound like some of my customers did back when I fixed cars.

"Why isn't the car ready yet?"

-Because they need to put the new paintjob on it and they have 2 other cars to do before they can do your car.

"Then why aren't you helping them so it'll go faster!?!?!?!"

-Because I repair bodydamage and have clue how to do a good paintjob?

"Oh how hard could it be? It's pretty much the same thing anyway!"

-Sure pal... sure... I'll go in there and paint your car right now and we'll see how good it looks :rolleyes:

i just had the most massive shock of deja vu having had this conversation numerous times, yet each new batch of fresh players causes us to rehash it because we've been here since launch (or earlier).

We have a term for this kind of behavior here at work...pigeon consultants...They fly in, 'crap' all over everything, and fly away and leave the rest of us to clean up. And shortly after that, another batch comes flying in.

Drive by would be another version. Jump in, drop their load, and speed away with no real interest in sticking around and seeing what happens.

Not the game's fault then, is it?

Somehow it is. Before Group Finder, it was impossible to do Flashpoints without taking specific quests, and going to specific locations. Ilum is a good example - players will just queue for all new FP's that are available without any warning that there is a longer story involved.

Somehow it is. Before Group Finder, it was impossible to do Flashpoints without taking specific quests, and going to specific locations. Ilum is a good example - players will just queue for all new FP's that are available without any warning that there is a longer story involved.

Ahhhhhh the many newbees I had to guide back to the Taral V + Mprison questgiver :) Good old days :)

You mean like an Icon coming up on the screen to let you know which and where the next part of the Class story is, so you dont out level it? That would be very good. I could see that working. And if your not into that, then you could just toggle it off.

Also, what about the game having an Experience toggle on/off icon. It could also tie in with the above mentioned, so you can still blast away and know that your not going to over level for the Class stories. At least for the subscribers.

:csw_r2d2:

Also, what about the game having an Experience toggle on/off icon. It could also tie in with the above mentioned, so you can still blast away and know that your not going to over level for the Class stories. At least for the subscribers.

There's a LOT of money to be made with /xpoff weekly passes ;)

There's a LOT of money to be made with /xpoff weekly passes ;)

Oh well :eek:

:)

P.s It would be part of being a subscriber that you would have an xp icon toggle on/off option. It could be that Free to Play and Preferred wouldn't have that option, nor would there be any xp/off weekly passes.

Edited by SethMorganaa

You do know that the guys making stuff for the cartel market (i.E. the art department) aren't the same guys that work on gameplay content, yes? So stuff on the cartel market doesn't affect content creation in any way, aside from the obvious positive way of paying the bills.

The guys working on the website also don't have anything to do with content creation.

Foolish argument tbh.

If the art department wasn't taking away from the game, then please inform me why we keep getting the same Reskins of the same gear for PVE and PVP over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.