Sith Sorcerer Feedback

EricMusco

RE: "Volt Rush" is kind of a STUPID name for that power anyway.... IT SHOULD be called something like "AMPERAGE"-something.

Just an FYI because this whole thread (while useful to the nitty gritty of how that force power should work and i am glad AT LEAST SOMEONE is working on it ...) this STILL DOES NEED to be SAID!!!

Just so that everyone knows, coming from a PURE STANDPOINT of actual SCIENCE in terms of ELECTRICITY and ELECTRONICS ... a "volt" or any number of units of VOLTAGE ... is NOT what harms or kills people.

In the real world, and about 100 years ago... (backed by a generator that he was LITERALLY CONNECTED to)... NIKOLA TESLA used to shoot 10,000 VOLT lightning bolts OUT OF HIS ARMS. SAFELY. WITH NO harm to himself or others or any other non-living objects.

It was because he used VERY LOW AMPERAGE.

If he had used even a TENTH of an ampere, HE WOULD HAVE DIED. and other people who were around him (he was being interviewed when he did this) could have died as well.

It is the AMPERAGE that harms or kills people. AMPERES!!!! NOT VOLTS.

WATTS is = volts amount X amps amount. W = VA or W = V times A

If you really want to name a Sorc power that has deadly capacity, try USING REAL ELECTRIC TERMS.

How about "Ultra Capacitance" for holding a charge, and then CONDUCTIVE AMPERAGE as a Damage Over Time type ability?

And then maybe for protective powers, something involving OHMS or FARADAY UNITS (you know, like a FARADAY CAGE that can LITERALLY PROTECT people from EMP blasts of RF electric field energy).

Add some MAGNETIC powers to Lightning sorc, too, please!!! GRAVITY powers where you can throw people and things around would also make for at least another great new spec, if not for Lightning Sorc possibly.

I CANNOT TELL what this silly "volt rush" ability on Lightning Sorc was ever supposed to do, because every time i pressed or clicked that button, NOTHING EVER "happened" -- at least not visually. Far as i can tell, it never did anything to damage enemies????

Edited by lightningseven

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Sorc DPS are no longer a viable PVE raiding class. Just look at how few Sorc DPS have cleared NiM Gods. Volt Rush is garbage and I feel like because Sorcs were the first class to be redesigned it has the worst design in 6.0. A

I know everything supppose to be about the loot on this phase, but… What did you do to the poor Sorcerers this time ?! :mad:

They've had a joke of the damage already, and now you took what was left of our survivability away too ? I was trying to do heroics on Dromund Kaas, Dromund Kaas (!!!) for God's sake, and got myself killed for several times ! +5 levels, brand new items… what for ? :confused: OK, the levels synch. system reduced me to the 18 lvl, but still, I shouldn't be weaker than I'm on live. :(

And should I really mention I didnt use the new Volt Rush skill even once ? Actually, nobody uses it ! :confused: Even some non-combat skill would be better than this nonsense. KotET Chapter 9, for example, has several interesting Phase Jump/Teleport skills. :cool:

At the very least you should take the Volt Rush's set bonus/tactical item and build it into the talents/skill itself.

I know everything supppose to be about the loot on this phase, but… What did you do to the poor Sorcerers this time ?! :mad:

They've had a joke of the damage already, and now you took what was left of our survivability away too ? I was trying to do heroics on Dromund Kaas, Dromund Kaas (!!!) for God's sake, and got myself killed for several times ! +5 levels, brand new items… what for ? :confused: OK, the levels synch. system reduced me to the 18 lvl, but still, I shouldn't be weaker than I'm on live. :(

And should I really mention I didnt use the new Volt Rush skill even once ? Actually, nobody uses it ! :confused: Even some non-combat skill would be better than this nonsense. KotET Chapter 9, for example, has several interesting Phase Jump/Teleport skills. :cool:

At the very least you should take the Volt Rush's set bonus/tactical item and build it into the talents/skill itself.

I agree with your rant.

As for Volt Rush, it is only viable soloing stuff or in regular PvP With the tactical item "Elemental Convention" (Element Convention (Lightning) – Volt Rush triggers Storm when activated. Chain Lightning gives you Volt Flux, causing your Volt Rush to arc to multiple targets for the next 10 seconds) which I have no idea how to get now that RNG gearing is in. I have to call lies on this post I made, now that I've experienced gearing reality. Getting the correct armour set, tactical item and amplifiers to make Volt Rush useable is going to be a nightmare. Thank God I don't raid as we have no business bothering (if you're lightning).

Here's an idea, remove Volt Rush and re-design Force Barrier. Instead of a Sorc/Sage being imprisoned in an energy barrier with a horde of Melee waiting to choke, stun and root the Sorc/Sage the moment the barrier ends. How about you redesign the ability that would reduce the damage taken by 99% for 4 seconds. You gave Snipers Phase Walk. Give Sorc's Undying Rage.

Here's an idea, remove Volt Rush and re-design Force Barrier. Instead of a Sorc/Sage being imprisoned in an energy barrier with a horde of Melee waiting to choke, stun and root the Sorc/Sage the moment the barrier ends. How about you redesign the ability that would reduce the damage taken by 99% for 4 seconds. You gave Snipers Phase Walk. Give Sorc's Undying Rage.

I'd rather they made Force Storm have a snare again, and up it's damage by 400% that way sorcs could just spam Force Storm over and over melting large groups of players into a puddle of pixel goo.

Plus sorcs don't need more survivability they need damage.

#MakeForceStormGreatAgain

They need to at least give us back our heal for force barrier. Honestly, Sorc DPS isn't horrible. I do quite in that department. Would it be nice to have an increase in DPS? Sure, Is it needed. Honestly, no. Sorcs suffer in survivability in my opinion. Force Barrier is useless. It just drags out the inevitable.

• 2 weeks later...
So, Madness was finally removed from SWTOR? That makes sense - they don't give a sith about us anyway.

I suggest the following change to polarity shift: "while under the affects of polarity shift, you are immune to pushback, interrupt, and STUN."

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear developers!

Your attempt to make useful sets for sorc/sage healers is again inappropriate. In order for all the sets to be equally useful and / or among them you can choose, you finally need to make the "Reduces cooldown of Innervate or Healing Trance by 1.5sec" a passive ability of the heal class.

Seriously think about it, since you did not think about starting the sixth patch before receiving a new set bonus.

In addition, I remind you once again about the main problem of the class - negative force recovery, with the removal of the bonus set to an additional force, as well as a change in the new set, the situation has become even worse than before.

No need to do sage/sorc healers OP as at the start of the fourth patch, just make it possible to keep the force count under control.

Also, an offer to consider, remove both tacticals on the AoE heal and make one that simply reinforces the most expensive and most "useless" AoE heal in the game, which, I recall, uses the same stacks for regeneration force to speed up use.

As always, I remind you, my posts are aimed at leveling sorc/sage healers compared to other heals in the game for passing PvE/PvP content.

Edited by iEarl_ololo

About force regen:

resurgense - reduce cost -5/-10 (total 40/35)

roaming mend - reduce cost -3/-5 (total 50/48)

Even if you select the minimum option, the regen will become acceptable, and the flow is almost zero and you can review the 6 set bonus.

About tacticals:

1. One for all + All for one - summarize these two tacticals and you get something useful.

2. A healing hand - i hope you had a lot of fun when you created this (15k hps & 50+sec cd).

3. Healing Volts - the worst I've seen, Volt Rush - the cost is too high, the damage is too low.

4. Extra Mend - great option, but so far I have not been able to find and test.

If it seems to you that I am biased to judge, compare the tactics of the operative.

A4. Extra Mend - great option, but so far I have not been able to find and test.

I had this on my sage healer but when I logged back in after a recent patch it had lost its name and description, and no longer adds an extra charge, so... I guess they decided it was out of keeping with the power level of the other tacticals? :confused:

In order for all the sets to be equally useful and / or among them you can choose, you finally need to make the "Reduces cooldown of Innervate or Healing Trance by 1.5sec" a passive ability of the heal class.

Agreed. Or at minimum a utility we can spec into. Otherwise we will forever be forced to sacrifice interest in pursuing other sets because whatever set grants this ability is the only one we can responsibly use to still be at all useful as healers to our groups. Sorc/Sage healing has already been nerfed really hard over the last three years; it's important to consider which gear changes are going to equate to another nerf in practice, and avoid those.

Dear Devs,

Since the changes have been released for all classes, I wanted to give my opinion on the current state of sorcerer dps(PVP). Given the current state of sorc dps vs the rest and the projected strengths of others in 6.0, I believe sorcs are not where they need to be. Could I be wrong? Of course I could. But I've been maining sorc for years and while I do not claim to be the best sorc dps, I certainly feel that there needs to be some fairly drastic changes to sorc dps and survivability. Am I asking that sorcs be given the keys to become insanely overpowered? No. I just want sorcs to be strong or at least somewhat capable to hang with the big dogs.

To begin with, Madness is in some serious need of tweaking. The new power does not fit with the rotation. The move could only be useful if a player wanted to save it for kiting or to just have something to cast once force leech and death field are down. Since madness is a dot spec with very little burst or damage reduction built in, madness is and can only be effective if the player can keep up his/her dots by spreading while using force leech and force lightning to proc lightning strike and demolish for some burst. My suggestion would be to have volt rush auto tick, crit, and increase crit damage of the next dot. So one could cast volt rush on a target with madness dots and then the next dot would tick, crit and the crit damage of that dot would be increased. Or perhaps another idea would be to have the damage scale as the player uses his/her charges of volt rush. So as one uses each charge of volt rush, maybe for the next few seconds dot damage is increased & auto crits. Another idea could be to turn volt rush into an aoe if and only if the target has both dots and the death field debuff. This could possibly help fit the new power into madness spec. Oh and make death field larger than 5m again. ;)

I know the Devs are trying something similar with virulence(damage from dots automatically finishes) and while I do not want a straight copy and paste fix for madness, I believe one possible solution for a madness damage tweak would be to make it easier to apply, keep up, and spread dots. With all of the coming changes in 6.0 it seems many classes are getting their burst tweaked or expanded, while others are seeing their aoe damage increased but unfortunately for madness players nothing was introduced to address the fact that madness often takes too long to set up. I know it sounds silly but given the sheer amount of resist, rolls, cleanses that exist in the game, having to waste multiple globals applying two weak dots on one target takes way too long. I believe there needs to be an utility, tactical or a straight up talent(preferred) change to madness that will allow/apply both dots at once. All this does is save one global and the reason for that is because when the class is based off of dot spreading and all the while so many other classes can tee up mega damage by hitting one button it can be frustrating to waste time applying dots. Maybe I am completely wrong about madness and my ideas to fix it are bad but I just wanted to give my opinion on some areas I believe need to be looked at.

Survivability is something I also want to address and this is for sorcs in general, not really directed at one spec. But before anyone mentions this, yes I know of the changes to sorc utilities on the PTS(I believe many of the proposed changes to sorc utilities are a good step) but they are not enough. The coming burst/aoe and the survivability changes to numerous classes completely out weighs any minor sorc utility change. Sorcs are the wizard or mage of swtor. Sorcs are or should be the glass cannon and as I've said before sorcs do not have enough defensive cooldowns to survive the changes in 6.0(or even the current meta). Sorcs just get completely destroyed because all any good sorc can do is kite and position themselves in a way to avoid damage. There are not enough damage reduction/cooldowns for sorcs to survive. Now maybe if sorcs were the top damage dealers then fine, let sorcs stay as a glass cannon. But if sorcs will not be in the top 3 for dps classes then defensive changes must be made.

I believe changes need to be made to the barrier mechanic. There is too much of a downside to casting barrier. Yes it halts all damage but it is easy to get a sorc to pop barrier and when the sorc does, good melee will just return to the sorc to stun lock and kill. I believe the healing and DR should be increased on force barrier with a possible addition of a knockback or aoe damage strike once the barrier is over. I also believe that suppression could be tweaked even further to help with sorc survivability. Although I would rather see a brand new power introduced to help with DR/resist, I am not against further utility tweaking of existing powers to help with survivability. And to be perfectly honest, since so many classes have been given similar powers of other classes, it wouldn't hurt if sorcs stole another DR/mitigation power from another class. You guys did give sorcs phase walk and it was a great addition that was sorely needed but I believe it is time to add another one. Force camo? ;)

I do want to apologize for the walls of text and the late response to this thread but I wanted to give my opinion before 6.0 launches and I hope sorcs get one last look. Thank you for your time and I wish everyone the best of luck in 6.0.