Sorc full healer not rely wanted -.-

I think you got the point across that no one ever gets kicked because of their AC. I ran 1,000 FPs+Ops in GF, and I have never seen anyone getting kicked because of their AC. Also, as a sorc healer, PvE wise they are debatbly the strongest.

As for gear, 116-120 gear is more than enough to take you through all SM FPs. The highest SM FP is level 48 anyway.

It seems also you understand your role and class skills. If not, the abbreviated version only heal tank unless dps are getting atked and stick to healing; do not dps unless your confident of your healing capacity and skills. The rotation is simply bubble, resurgence, innervate. In the down time use dark infusion, aoe heal or consumption. Resurgence lasts 15 secs, so need to spam it.

My advice is to join a guild and try to run with them. Also, inside FPs I generally avoid saying anything beside hello when I walk in and TY when we are done, unless needed. This is one of these situations were less is more.

In addition, do not role need on loot unless its will power and has power, surge, critic and alacrity as secondary attributes. Do not role need on anything else. Always greed. If you need something for a comp, wait for everyone to role. If everyone roled greed on it, ask the group if you can take it for comp. If they say yes, feel free to roll need on it.

Edited by Ottoattack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only thing i hate when i am in a groep is if the dps class atack first with there fast jump atack and not let the tanker get his argo first

with that most dps get very low hp with that my hands get very full of keeping them alive

also i need to keep the tanker alive sometimes its to hard for me and mostly players die and blaming me for not healing them -.-

There are very few pulls -- and those are in early flashpoints where healing tools are very limited -- where you might not be able to keep a trigger-happy DPS AND the tank up. Hotkey your skills, don't click them, and you'll have an easier time keeping the whole group alive. You even have your AoE heal by level 49, no reason DPS should be dying even if they ARE impatient.

There are very few pulls -- and those are in early flashpoints where healing tools are very limited -- where you might not be able to keep a trigger-happy DPS AND the tank up. Hotkey your skills, don't click them, and you'll have an easier time keeping the whole group alive. You even have your AoE heal by level 49, no reason DPS should be dying even if they ARE impatient.

hot key or clicker play which ever method suites you the best. neither is worse than the other no matter what ex wow players say and think. a bad player is a bad player no matter if he uses a mouse or key pad.

as far as pulling agro when ever you put down your aoe heal any non taunted/attacked mobs will instantly agro to you. same if several are beating on the tank and you have him in the aoe, the dot on him plus any other heal. those he hasn't taunted nor keep taunting will soon be yours. it isn't your fault as much as the tanks and the dps to some extent too.

hot key or clicker play which ever method suites you the best. neither is worse than the other no matter what ex wow players say and think. a bad player is a bad player no matter if he uses a mouse or key pad.

You can move while casting if you hotkey. You can't if you click. Yes, one really is better than the other, otherwise clicking wouldn't be such a huge disadvantage in PvP -- and it is. I was a clicker in another game years ago. I got better when I stopped being a clicker, so I speak from personal experience. :) I never played WoW.

as far as pulling agro when ever you put down your aoe heal any non taunted/attacked mobs will instantly agro to you. same if several are beating on the tank and you have him in the aoe, the dot on him plus any other heal. those he hasn't taunted nor keep taunting will soon be yours. it isn't your fault as much as the tanks and the dps to some extent too.

I don't even have the AoE heal yet (level 43) and I don't struggle to keep DPSers up, even if they pull before tank. Is it annoying sometimes? Yes. Should they be doing it? No. But if you *ahem* hotkey you also switch targets more quickly/efficiently, so again -- a healer should not be struggling to keep both DPS and tanks up, presuming DPS aren't "standing in the fire" etc. or pulling six silvers at once.

Edited by Sarielle

You can move while casting if you hotkey. You can't if you click. Yes, one really is better than the other, otherwise clicking wouldn't be such a huge disadvantage in PvP -- and it is. I was a clicker in another game years ago. I got better when I stopped being a clicker, so I speak from personal experience. :) I never played WoW.

I don't even have the AoE heal yet (level 43) and I don't struggle to keep DPSers up, even if they pull before tank. Is it annoying sometimes? Yes. Should they be doing it? No. But if you *ahem* hotkey you also switch targets more quickly/efficiently, so again -- a healer should not be struggling to keep both DPS and tanks up, presuming DPS aren't "standing in the fire" etc. or pulling six silvers at once.

1 thing i say i cant heal with some skills while moving that is very **** trust me

ad the end boss ad FP D7 boss mother i need to move alot and i mean alot ore i get hit very much

some players split up to far from me so i need to move fast then stop heal turn back to te orther side

and heal him to then i need to watch out for the claw atack the move around -.-

it keep me busy XD

i wil change my hot keys to that will help alot to :)

actually - you CAN cast while moving even as a clicker. since you use one hand to move, the other to click and all. you can even mouse turn while clicking. I know, weird right? but very possible. and especially with this game being based around global cooldowns - there's plenty of time.

however, some abilities with cast time? it doesn't matter whether you click or hotkey - you have to stand still to cast them. most sorc heals are like that.

you have a shield, that puts a debuff on your target, meaning once you placed it on everyone, you cannot refresh it for a bit. and you have a heal over time with fairly long cooldown. that's it for healing while moving. even your AoE requires standing still at some point (the only way to build up stacks that make it instant, is to use a channeled ability, aka you stand still)

lastly. keybinding is ONLY more effective then clicking is if you can type fairly efficiently without looking down on your keyboard. of you cannot blind type? keybinding is actually worse, since you'll have to keep looking down from your screen in order to press the correct keys.

Personally I like hotkeys better for healing since I'll click the ops list to target, so key binding majorly cutdown on mouse movement, and generally makes me more efficient, and much quicker to react. Especially since I have a lot of instant casts.

That said one of our guid's top DPS clicks, so I'm sure with the right setup it could work for healing too. :)

Oh look, another thread where clicker invalids are trying to justify their atrocious playstyle instead of learning to play better. Nothing to see here, kids.

oh look. another thread where narrow minded know-it-all tries to claim that there's only one best way to do everything regardless of individual strengths and weaknesses, insults those who don't agree with him and dismisses any other possibility against all evidence. carry on.

oh look. another thread where narrow minded know-it-all tries to claim that there's only one best way to do everything regardless of individual strengths and weaknesses, insults those who don't agree with him and dismisses any other possibility against all evidence. carry on.

All evidence? Yeah, provide video evidence of clickers clearing TFB and S&V NiM, pretty please.

I love it how clickers immediately resort to defensive postures, kind of like endangered species. Clicking playstyle is horrible, especially in SWTOR with no addons and macros, and especially for healers. Please provide a video of a clicker healer clearing Dread Guards on NiM, and I'll shut up, and maybe I won't be so condescending towards clicker invalids.

Edited by Krewel

All evidence? Yeah, provide video evidence of clickers clearing TFB and S&V NiM, pretty please.

I love it how clickers immediately resort to defensive postures, kind of like endangered species. Clicking playstyle is horrible, especially in SWTOR with no addons and macros, and especially for healers. Please provide a video of a clicker healer clearing Dread Guards on NiM, and I'll shut up, and maybe I won't be so condescending towards clicker invalids.

I'm pretty sure I can find one if I wanted to. but even here in this section, there's a sentinel soloing hardmode flashpoints in all 72 gear (prior to nightmare modes) WHILE clicking. something that many keybinders are incapable of doing. NOT because of their playstyle, but because they, the players are not good enough.

however - you are MISSING THE POINT. yes this had to be capitalized. you are claiming that keybinding is ALWAYS better. THAT is false. keybinding is ONLY better when you can touch type effectively. someone who cannot touch type for whatever reason - will not be able to bind effectively. moreover. this game has global cooldowns. its extremely forgiving. skilled player can figure out how to work with what they have and what they can do instead of rejecting any and all possibilities.

I'm pretty sure I can find one if I wanted to. but even here in this section, there's a sentinel soloing hardmode flashpoints in all 72 gear (prior to nightmare modes) WHILE clicking. something that many keybinders are incapable of doing. NOT because of their playstyle, but because they, the players are not good enough.

however - you are MISSING THE POINT. yes this had to be capitalized. you are claiming that keybinding is ALWAYS better. THAT is false. keybinding is ONLY better when you can touch type effectively. someone who cannot touch type for whatever reason - will not be able to bind effectively. moreover. this game has global cooldowns. its extremely forgiving. skilled player can figure out how to work with what they have and what they can do instead of rejecting any and all possibilities.

I'll eagerly await that video evidence, would especially like to see a clicker dps responsible for interrupting on Dread Guards NiM, or better yet, a clicker healer on that fight. Until then, I stand firmly by my incontrovertible logic that clicking is an inferior playstyle.

Stop providing pointless evidence on some clicker who soloed flashpoints. Retarded flashpoints and NiM are leagues apart.

Oh, and some abilities, like interrupts, are not affected by global cooldowns. Insta press or dragging your cursor towards that ability ... don't even need to further illustrate the difference in reaction time. Try clicking the interrupt on NiM Dread Guards, I'd hate to be the guy relying on you ...

Edited by Krewel

actually - you CAN cast while moving even as a clicker. since you use one hand to move, the other to click and all. you can even mouse turn while clicking. I know, weird right? but very possible. and especially with this game being based around global cooldowns - there's plenty of time.

however, some abilities with cast time? it doesn't matter whether you click or hotkey - you have to stand still to cast them. most sorc heals are like that.

I play a sage healer, I wasn't suggesting every single heal could be cast on the run.

Going from clicking to keybinding does take a bit of adjusting -- as I said before, I know, I was a clicker once -- but it's worth it. No matter how much people try to claim it's not less efficient to click, it is. I'm more efficient healing a 4-man group (because I use keys to target my groupmates/myself) than I am a WZ group because I do have to click people in the other group.

I know there are people out there who are not touch typists, but with today's emphasis on technology, if you aren't one, you'd gain a big benefit outside of gaming by learning to become one.

Anyone who can do crazy things as a clicker would be even better if they bothered to learn to keybind. In PvP in particular, difference in performance is absolutely night and day. And let's not forget, some skills ignore the global cooldown -- so all other arguments aside, yes, you are suffering a performance dip while waggling your mouse pointer around, and your movement control is inferior.

(EDIT: And to be clear, I mean "you" as in a general you. I dunno if you click or not.)

Edited by Sarielle

i use my gaming mouse to heal fast am my self a very bad typer on keyboard XD

so yea my mouse works fine

the more FP i do the more i figure out what i must do :)

am close hiting lvl 52 and all go very well as long the orther partys members also no what they must do

1 thing they forget i see alot that the dps classes both forget that they have to remove those ads on me

when a boss spam ads mostly come to me i no a healer can pull alot of argo

and i cant heal tanker and my self that fast XD

mostly i end up death

so i ask if some good dps remove those ads of my back and all is fine and it works to :)

i like to focus on healing tank and maby dps and not see my hp drop like omg am gone die and i see tanker hp drop to

thats rely sucks for me then your rely rely busy pressing every button you have XD

Edited by ShadessaWayland

1 thing they forget i see alot that the dps classes both forget that they have to remove those ads on me

Usually I run to the tank if that happens ... or you can always use your friendly pull (it's Rescue for sages, dunno the name of the sorcerer equivalent) and yank a DPS over to you. That usually gets their attention. :p It does suck though, and that's absolutely not your fault.

I'll eagerly await that video evidence, would especially like to see a clicker dps responsible for interrupting on Dread Guards NiM, or better yet, a clicker healer on that fight. Until then, I stand firmly by my incontrovertible logic that clicking is an inferior playstyle.

Stop providing pointless evidence on some clicker who soloed flashpoints. Retarded flashpoints and NiM are leagues apart.

Oh, and some abilities, like interrupts, are not affected by global cooldowns. Insta press or dragging your cursor towards that ability ... don't even need to further illustrate the difference in reaction time. Try clicking the interrupt on NiM Dread Guards, I'd hate to be the guy relying on you ...

http://swtor.junkiesnation.com/2013/06/13/font-line-medic-clicking-heals-ftw/

https://www.youtube.com/user/louievillalobos1/videos

since you insist - was doing random search for something else actually, when I found this guy. and if I can hit interrupts one enemy targets WHILE being a healer and click healing? yes, it can be done

anyways.

I've been attempting to learn to touch type for upwards of 20 years. it ain't happening. clicking is not some awful anathema. you keep telling yourself that it is, but the truth is? what wins the day is situational awareness and quick thinking and knowing how to emphasize your strengths while working around weaknesses and knowing how to be a good team player and being comfortable with your setup.

https://www.youtube.com/user/louievillalobos1/videos

since you insist - was doing random search for something else actually, when I found this guy. and if I can hit interrupts one enemy targets WHILE being a healer and click healing? yes, it can be done

anyways.

I've been attempting to learn to touch type for upwards of 20 years. it ain't happening. clicking is not some awful anathema. you keep telling yourself that it is, but the truth is? what wins the day is situational awareness and quick thinking and knowing how to emphasize your strengths while working around weaknesses and knowing how to be a good team player and being comfortable with your setup.

That is someone who's done EC NiM Kephess on June 10 2013 ... yeah, real skills, only about half a year late. A true testament to clickers. There are videos of him clearing S&V HM 16m which is by far easier than 8m, and in fact S&V Hm is a complete faceroll in general. Clearing S&V HM basically means you're educated enough to read the tooltips for your class. He's only managed to defeat Withering Horror in TFB NiM which is the easiest boss in that Ops and simply pales to Dread Guards. What a surprise, there is no video of him clearing Dread Guards NiM.

This is the only evidence you can scrape up? An exception doesn't make your case stand because, after all, we're not talking about a guy who's done world firsts or cleared content in a timely manner, and clearing 16m S&V HM is hardly evidence of a clicker being on a par with someone who's pressing abilities.

Now please show me someone clicking that interrupt on dread guards NiM without killing the person being choked. Furthermore, I'd really like to see videos of clickers winning ranked pvp matches and earning 2k+ rating. Oh, and I can guarantee you that world firsts in EC NiM, TFB NiM, and S&V NiM did not involve clickers ... I wonder why.

Seen this so many times, instead of clickers actually adapting and learning to play better, they literally form some sort of a cult around themselves, go through hell and back just to convince everyone they're awesome for clicking. All this trouble just to play like a noob. Reminds me of that thread in the General section where some random casual dribbler (who thinks that CM is a playstyle) is writing a whole dissertation on how everyone should get nightmare mode mounts with no effort.

Edited by Krewel

LOL this is more like reading someone who's going through some traumatic or painful experience and is writing a diary on his state of well-being. I can just feel the suffering he goes through when reading those lines. He had to make his UI "special" to fit his clicking playstyle and it seems like he had to go through some mental training to compensate for his inferior playstyle (which even he intuits is inferior by default). It's like he created this "Yoga" training mode just to compensate for playing in a way which obviously hinders you by default. So much energy wasted on something so simple ...

So, there you go, do you really believe a lot of people will go through this "mental training" just to be "good" clickers? What is the point? The fact that this guy is a drop in the water tells me everything I need to know about which playstyle is more natural and superior, not to mention more intuitive.

"Then I helped heal Nightmare EC 16-man all the way through. Good lord is that some serious clicking. That one almost made me try harder to bind things. Almost." - Nevermind the fact that he did this content at level 55 and about 9 months after its release ... you see, this is the inherent problem right here. Not just the fact that, as a usual clicker cultist, he refuses to adapt and learn to improve, but this is a direct confession that his playstyle hindered him. When a real raider whines/complains/provides feedback about the difficulty of a certain fight, they do not start at the level of their playstyle, it's completely irrelevant, it's like complaining the fight is difficult because my cat is in the way. The raid encounters should be difficult because of the inherent mechanics, because the fight itself is difficult, not because of the playstyle.

Edited by Krewel

heh. I expected that reply. I';m pretty sure, it doesn't matter whom I find, you'll just find a way to reject it as inconsequential or exception, or whatever. I've met your kind plenty of times before.

and you know what? you can believe what you will. lucky for me, I don't have to play with you. OP - keep playing the way that works best for you.

Yeah, keep playing the way you want, meaning 6+ months behind the current content. I'm sure all the clickers of the world will come out of the closet in a year's time when they'll be level 60 or 65 "owning" TFB NiM. You're probably the most adamant defender of the clicker cult, and in the end it all comes down to "playing the way anyone wants", ignoring the crux of the argument here - clicking is an inferior playstyle which needlessly hinders your performance. There's a reason why top guilds in WoW usually ask players if they're clickers or keyboard turners (even here), especially during an application or trial runs, and it has nothing to do with being ignorant of a different playstyle; in fact, it's quite the opposite.

Actually, I'm the one who's lucky I don't have to have a clicker as a raid partner. As I said, I'd hate to be the guy relying on a clicker to interrupt the choke at Dread Guards NiM.

Edited by Krewel

Yeah, keep playing the way you want, meaning 6+ months behind the current content. I'm sure all the clickers of the world will come out of the closet in a year's time when they'll be level 60 or 65 "owning" TFB NiM. You're probably the most adamant defender of the clicker cult, and in the end it all comes down to "playing the way anyone wants", ignoring the crux of the argument here - clicking is an inferior playstyle which needlessly hinders your performance. There's a reason why top guilds in WoW usually ask players if they're clickers or keyboard turners (even here), especially during an application or trial runs, and it has nothing to do with being ignorant of a different playstyle; in fact, it's quite the opposite.

Actually, I'm the one who's lucky I don't have to have a clicker as a raid partner. As I said, I'd hate to be the guy relying on a clicker to interrupt the choke at Dread Guards NiM.

Whoa, dude. Chill out. You start to sound like a little baby-boy.

I agree, keyboard is more efficient in this game.

But you need keep yourself calm and dont be moron)

Krewel you’re boring! Oh and childish, everyone play the way they want.

Oh and for your info neither keybinding or clicking is the best, best is mixing both! I just don t see the interest to have 20+ keys, I tried both and I’m much faster and efficient by mixing both.

But hey you’re right, stay in your little “I use keybinds, so I’m the only one playing right “world.

best part is - he might be playing with fantastic clickers and not even know it :p I've gotten invites into some very nice guilds in WoW, based on my performance in a pug and they had no idea. because they didn't judge a book by its superficial cover.

and now I have to stop using the word clicker because its freaking me out - thank you so much "The last of us" >_>

Edited by Jeweledleah