S+V : 16M-HM (world ranking)

Well how high should I tweak the last boss?

It currently deteriorates at 2x normal (normal is boss 3-6 in S+V) and 4x the first two (which I'd call half normal).

I could up it to 3x or 4x, but how much is too much. FYI - if I were to up to 3x or 4x, I'd make the last boss worth 15k or 20k instead of the current 10k (I just don't want the last boss to deteriorate to 0 in a months time, when NiM EC Kephess had a 2-3 month gap for the 1-2 and 1-8).

I'd say, of everything, the deterioration rate of the last boss is one thing I am willing to tweak a bit for the next tier of content, I think going higher than 4x would be a mistake, though.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't do too much, but I agree getting it to 0 before the end of the month is probably the best idea. However, with lack of 16man guilds, most of us will have it cleared within the first week or two so maybe waiting a month is too long? I'm not sure.

I wouldn't do too much, but I agree getting it to 0 before the end of the month is probably the best idea. However, with lack of 16man guilds, most of us will have it cleared within the first week or two so maybe waiting a month is too long? I'm not sure.

Wait, you think it should hit 0 before a month's time? I was saying it should not. If that were the case, only Ace would have received any points for NiM EC Kephess at all!

Wait, you think it should hit 0 before a month's time? I was saying it should not. If that were the case, only Ace would have received any points for NiM EC Kephess at all!

Noooo, I meant for HM content haha. I didn't quite clarify. Doing Fps.

Ahh, OK. Well HM isn't all that important so I am not going to change the system to fit HM progression ;p

I didn't mean now, but just as an after thought xD I don't care either way since we're not really too much into actual HM Progression unless it was as challenging as the launch of TFB. It was more so for those who are competing for it.

Edited by Aerro

thanks for the shoutout, nibbon, we were generally happy with the turnout as well. We're still in favor of the small weight to later bosses with greater deterioration; the system appeared to hold up nicely. I do think that the kills need to continue to have corpse, difficulty, raid frames, and world clock up as opposed to achievements. We know how cs has been in this game with awarding things to people that ask for them ;).

About the 1 minute...a guildie fell through the bridge before our last pull :( we had you!

bridge boss strikes~!

I thought of that - but this goes back to two original points.

1. Is it fair if a European guild gets this bonus and the US doesn't?

2. Is it really worth 100 more points if guild 1 kills Boss 3 1 minutes before guild 2 does?

I say no to both - and that is why we didn't do bonus points in the first place.

I'll reiterate that the system we have in place isn't perfect, but I think it is the best we can do. I gave plenty of opportunity for the top 7 or so guilds in the last tier of content to comment on this system - so I have no intention of changing it unless someone can find a glaring error.

I, for one, think the system worked extremely well for the 8 guilds involved thus far and see no reason to alter anything. Come the Nightmare modes - we will have the opportunity of all approaching on more even footing regarding both gearing up and early access people.

edit: I think it is also worth mentioning, I am GM of Carnage Gaming and we killed the last boss exactly one minute before Chosen did yet are ranked under them. I think the ranking system did an excellent job in awarding Chosen a higher overall ranking over Carnage - and did an equally good job scoring it so it was so close.

I forgot to thank you for the job you did (and you did it well)

I agree with the answers you gave to us, but I still have ideas to show and I'm sorry for that :D Ready ?

No, seriously, what about thinking with percentages ? I mean, imagine we finally decide to increase the value of the boss as I previously explained, we can fix the decrease speed proportionately to the score he reached.

Example : 100 hours the boss is available, so it's worth 10 100.

If we keep the idea of decreasing by 1 point per hour for a 10 000 boss, it becomes a decrease of 1.01 points per hour for a 10 100 one.

(in addition you can double or even triple it for the last boss, 2.02 or 3.03 per hour in my example)

I'm sorry if I'm boring you, but in my opinion, it's a quite simple meaning to reward the first guild more than the others (but not too much ^^) and it's going to make a real difference only on very difficult boss :

for example a boss killed after 2 weeks, that is quite long time, will lose one more point every 30 hours (31 points for 30 hours). If the second guild kills this boss 4 days later, it's going to be a loss of 99.23 points instead of 96 points with the present system.

By the way, if you want me to stop suggesting, just say it :o

Edited by Drussy

I forgot to thank you for the job you did (and you did it well)

I agree with the answers you gave to us, but I still have ideas to show and I'm sorry for that :D Ready ?

No, seriously, what about thinking with percentages ? I mean, imagine we finally decide to increase the value of the boss as I previously explained, we can fix the decrease speed proportionately to the score he reached.

Example : 100 hours the boss is available, so it's worth 10 100.

If we keep the idea of decreasing by 1 point per hour for a 10 000 boss, it becomes a decrease of 1.01 points per hour for a 10 100 one.

(in addition you can double or even triple it for the last boss, 2.02 or 3.03 per hour in my example)

I'm sorry if I'm boring you, but in my opinion, it's a quite simple meaning to reward the first guild more than the others (but not too much ^^) and it's going to make a real difference only on very difficult boss :

for example a boss killed after 2 weeks, that is quite long time, will lose one more point every 30 hours (31 points for 30 hours). If the second guild kills this boss 4 days later, it's going to be a loss of 99.23 points instead of 96 points with the present system.

By the way, if you want me to stop suggesting, just say it :o

No problem - you are welcome to give me all the ideas you want, I'd prefer them in PM or email, though, so we don't stray too off topic on this thread from the actual purpose.

For now, in response to your latest idea, I actually really like it and think it would be an improvement to the system. I'd say the second boss timer can start from the kill of the first (it would be impossible to have an actual time for the first boss) and the third from the first kill of the second, etc.

That being said, I am not going to make the change for a couple reasons.

1. It is pretty complicated - both perhaps in understanding and coding (though I am extremely confident I could "code" it into a spreadsheet).

2. We are already doubling it for the last boss (if people agree we want to more than double it, I am open to that) and these amount of points seem fairly insignificant - sure we can make it more significant (like increasing the points by 10 an hour) but there is no real telling how that can ultimately effect the system.

So if guild 1 kills boss 1 on time X they get 10k like normal

guild 2 kills boss 1 at time x + 24 hours - they get the normal -24 points from 10k (9976)

guild 1 kills boss 2 at time x + 2 weeks - they get 10k + 10*24*7=11680 points

guild 2 kills boss 2 at time x + 2 weeks and 1 day - they would get 11680 - 1.168*24=11652

on the normal system on boss 2 it would have been 10k points and 9976 - the difference between the two points is 4 per day.

So with that example out of the way, the question would be - how much do you want the increase per hour? It seems to me to be a really difficult thing to actually judge. It also seems to me that the current system does a decent enough job handling such a thing. Especially when we are talking about doing the above example and increasing the deterioration as in our current system, which I view as almost redundant, seems unnecessary.

TLDR; it seems like a good idea, probably an improvement to the current system, but I do not think I want to implement it. If everyone agreed this must be done, I will.

Sorry if we discuss about this here, but in my opinion it's important that everyone can see it.

I see you understood what I wanted to explain, and I agree that the increase factor is not easy to define. I personally think about nothing complicated : 1 point per hour for all the boss except the last one, that deserve, in my mind, 1.5 or 2 points per hour, but not more.

I hope that we'll meet difficulty on the last boss, but if we do, we must not give the final first place only on this one. With a x10 factor, the decrease is going to be so rapid for the other guilds.

EDIT : I made some more simulations, and I think 1.5 or 2 is finally not enough, we can up to 3 points per hour (still in my opinion).

Edited by Drussy

Sorry if we discuss about this here, but in my opinion it's important that everyone can see it.

I see you understood what I wanted to explain, and I agree that the increase factor is not easy to define. I personally think about nothing complicated : 1 point per hour for all the boss except the last one, that deserve, in my mind, 1.5 or 2 points per hour, but not more.

I hope that we'll meet difficulty on the last boss, but if we do, we must not give the final first place only on this one. With a x10 factor, the decrease is going to be so rapid for the other guilds.

EDIT : I made some more simulations, and I think 1.5 or 2 is finally not enough, we can up to 3 points per hour (still in my opinion).

NP. As you have said the 1.5 or 2 is not enough - I don't think the 3 is. I showed you an example with 10 points per hour - and that didn't seem enough. That was exactly my point, you can't really determine this amount, so it is almost better not to have it. Also, would we change the value for every boss? every operation? I hate variables in ranking systems, things need to be relatively static to prevent conflicts/confusion. The increased and reduced deterioration rate is pretty much as far as I wanted to go with variables - and I only did because of the rule I set of half on the first two and double on the last for every operation.

Edit: and it is worth mentioning that the current system would work on any operation as long as it has 3+ bosses. Even 2 you would do half and double on first and last - which effectively would be x and 4x (as opposed to 1/2x and 2x)

Edited by Nibbon

Guild: unleashed

Server: T3-M4

16man HM

Dash'rood

16.04.13; 19:19

http://i.imgur.com/rV1AhlW.jpg

Titan 6

16.04.13; 20:42

http://i.imgur.com/7qYGxEJ.jpg

Thrasher

17.04.13; 18:48

http://i.imgur.com/jZIuoEa.jpg

Operations Chief

17.04.13; 19:48

http://i.imgur.com/ESNVZhQ.jpg

Olok

17.04.13; 20:51

http://i.imgur.com/V0zYUbA.jpg

Cartel Warlords

17.04.13; 21:13

http://i.imgur.com/GlwFQnz.jpg

Styrak

18.04.13; 18:51

http://i.imgur.com/Bl8xGUY.jpg

Golden Fury

18.04.13; 19:27

http://i.imgur.com/y6EmWO7.jpg

<Dark Eclipse> Imp guild of Jedi Covenant is 3/7 S & V HM 16 man Times is EST

Kill date is 21 Apr 2013

Pic:

http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/forum/m/8353134/viewthread/6741605-16-man-hm-snv-kills-screen-shots

Twitch Feeds: http://www.twitch.tv/theopenforum/b/394038538

Dashrode down at 18:42 pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/theopenforum/c/2191743

Titan 6 down at 19:37pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/theopenforum/c/2191760

Thrasher down at 21:40pm EST : http://www.twitch.tv/theopenforum/c/2191801

Select Few

The Harbinger

US-WEST PvE

Dread Master

(4:30 A.M.) GMT 4/24

I need all your previous kill times to include this - a picture of your achievements will be sufficient. Need to be all 16M.

Note to everyone: I will be away the next couple weeks and probably unable to update the sheet. Please continue reporting here and I will update everything on my return.

I need all your previous kill times to include this - a picture of your achievements will be sufficient. Need to be all 16M.

Note to everyone: I will be away the next couple weeks and probably unable to update the sheet. Please continue reporting here and I will update everything on my return.

Dash'roode 4:47 GMT 4/11

Titan 6 2:47 GMT 4/17

Thrasher 2:43 GMT 4/19

Op Chief 3:34 GMT 4/19

Oolok 4:19 GMT 4/19

Warlords 4:34 GMT 4/19

Dread Master 4:22 GMT 4/24

Edited by axmarcusxa