PVP problems that needs to be fixed ASAP

UncelSam

The current PvP problems are getting worse by the day. Today its almost impossbile to have any fun content in this game after you hit level 50. After you done all the cool quests and the cool flashpoints and all, theres just nothing to do. And you dont wanna grind a new toon since youve seen all the storylines of all the 8 diffrent characters. theres just no more suprises anymore. I gotta say you devs did all this amazingly well!

The game is pretty dull, since pvp is totally broken. If your not hanging with a premade team.

To have some fun you need to wait or coordinate that the whole premade team you hang on to comes online. (Most ppl from these premade team are rarly seen without thier posse, prolly since they dont dare pvp as pug).

If you wnat to go pug in pvp your doomed as it is today. The premade teams rule the pvp areas with thier constant uberheals, looping stuns, roots, snares, stuns, roots, snares, heals, heals, heals. Theres just no way a randomly put team can ever win these fights.

My suggestions are that :

- We get a open world pvp arena ASAP. The system with 8 vs 8 players is not working since we got premades ruleing the whole game right now. It could be balanced for a short term with a openworld pvp arena where you can call in more reinforcements to counter the alpha players.

- Option premades run against premades and pugs aginst pugs. Make an option how you want to pvp.

- You do something about the heals. The heals are just crazy in this game. It needs longer CDs or channeling. Or that the healers are easier to kill. Today we got healers that are guarded by some tank and its almost impossible to locate who is the guardian in the pvp mess. And its even harder to kill the healer since they heal insane amounts and the whole process of finding the guardian and kill him and then kill the healer is just boring and not challenging. You want to focus on the fight and not keeping hammering one guy that never dies or trying to kill a tank who gets insane heals all the time.

- Fix resolve too! Its just annoying to be interrupted/stunned 50% of all pvp time. Make all stuns to be broken of taking damage or increase resolve value of all CCs.

Thats my suggestions.

I solo queue and feel that everything you've listed

Is a non issue premades are not ruining pvp you are not doomed if you solo You can select in your options to have a class icon above players heads if your having trouble differentiating between tanks and healers cc is irrelevant because every class has some form of it and a cc breaker Pvp isn't hard

Just like in that other game...

They will eventually need to separate groups into their own queue. If a group of 4 or more queues, they get put into the premade queue.

That might kill wait times though so its a double edge sword.

Whats broken about pvp?

Resolve works fine.

Get a premade of your own.

Learn 2 play?

Resolve doesn't work fine. Snares should fill up the bar as well, it is after all cc.

If healers can overheal equally geared dps there is something wrong with pvp balance right? Pvp game play should roll forward and if healing is too strong, in theory the game slows down, situations stalemate far too long.

And you should be able to choose between PUGs and Prems. when you Q. Also it would be nice to be able to join ranked solo or at least with smaller groups than 8.

From who did you hear this "Learn 2 play" thats original...

Edited by Lesrach

Just like in that other game...

They will eventually need to separate groups into their own queue. If a group of 4 or more queues, they get put into the premade queue.

That might kill wait times though so its a double edge sword.

Yeah. And now you have puggers, who stop queuing because getting stomped ain't fun. So that also makes the queues longer.

BW clearly needs to address the issue. Because come F2P, no curious newbie will stay for PVP if their first experience is getting stomped by a premade.

Yeah. And now you have puggers, who stop queuing because getting stomped ain't fun. So that also makes the queues longer.

BW clearly needs to address the issue. Because come F2P, no curious newbie will stay for PVP if their first experience is getting stomped by a premade.

That's how I feel as well. Free to play folks will up and leave if they can't even win a single WZ.

I don't care what side of the fence you fall on. I think we can all agree that this much is true. nobody who's just "testing the water" is going to stick around after getting rofl stomped by a bunch of wh's while he's in recruit...3 times a week. lol

Resolve doesn't work fine. Snares should fill up the bar as well, it is after all cc.

Does it stop you from using your character at all? No. Then it doesn't need to be on resolve. It's fine

If healers can overheal equally geared dps there is something wrong with pvp balance right? Pvp game play should roll forward and if healing is too strong, in theory the game slows down, situations stalemate far too long.

Overhealing doesn't count towards stats. Just because you might happen to queue up against or with a group that has 4 healers on the team doesn't making healing op'ed at all. It happens. So please stop the qq.

And you should be able to choose between PUGs and Prems. when you Q. Also it would be nice to be able to join ranked solo or at least with smaller groups than 8.

It's regs. get some friends, get some premade going, learn to play as the game was meant.

From who did you hear this "Learn 2 play" thats original...

Learn to play!

I agree PVP is soo broken .. Its completely unbalanced .. a MESS!

Makes a lot of sense to premade against pugs .. or even allow someone with recruit gear into the same match as someone with full war hero ..

so stupid .. people will and have left the game for this reason alone .. i know, ive talked to them in the real world.

I agree PVP is soo broken .. Its completely unbalanced .. a MESS!

Makes a lot of sense to premade against pugs .. or even allow someone with recruit gear into the same match as someone with full war hero ..

so stupid .. people will and have left the game for this reason alone .. i know, ive talked to them in the real world.

it was the same exact way in WoW, rift, EVE, Everquest, and any other big MMO other there. You don't just hit max level and expect to be oh top tier gear right away. Endure it, get your gear, move on.

it was the same exact way in WoW, rift, EVE, Everquest, and any other big MMO other there. You don't just hit max level and expect to be oh top tier gear right away. Endure it, get your gear, move on.

Except you cant get your gear in the current environment because if your in recruit you'll find it next to impossible to do anything because your dead before you can. You cant compete with recruit gear versus full war hero. Its just not possible.

I solo queue and feel that everything you've listed

Is a non issue premades are not ruining pvp you are not doomed if you solo You can select in your options to have a class icon above players heads if your having trouble differentiating between tanks and healers cc is irrelevant because every class has some form of it and a cc breaker Pvp isn't hard

my thoughts exactly.

there are certain times of the day most days where one side dominates the other. this is actually the case in pvp in most mmos I have played after the initial period. So some of you will think it isn't a problem, however if you have chars on both sides and pug mostly then you will likely see very fast that premades fighting pugs happens A LOT. Whether you agree that this is a problem or not is a different issue but you are just ignorant if you don't realize that very very often undergeared pugs fight optimized premades.

- You do something about the heals. The heals are just crazy in this game. It needs longer CDs or channeling. Or that the healers are easier to kill. Today we got healers that are guarded by some tank and its almost impossible to locate who is the guardian in the pvp mess. And its even harder to kill the healer since they heal insane amounts and the whole process of finding the guardian and kill him and then kill the healer is just boring and not challenging. You want to focus on the fight and not keeping hammering one guy that never dies or trying to kill a tank who gets insane heals all the time.

L2P. I'm sorry I really am, but even if I cant kill a guarded healer I can shut him down, class does not matter, End of story.

Sure some things could use tweaking like the instand heals the operatives/scoundrels have should cost a small amount of resource but overall heals are fine.

Edited by SajPl

It's funny how people don't understand this simple truth.

Oh well, you'll still get people that refuse to believe options are a good thing in a online game. If it ain't fun, people aren't going to do it again. It's not a job, it's a game.

Except you cant get your gear in the current environment because if your in recruit you'll find it next to impossible to do anything because your dead before you can. You cant compete with recruit gear versus full war hero. Its just not possible.

You can't compete with a fresh max level anything iwth a full geared person in any of the games i listed either so stop crying.

Funny, I got all my battle master gear and war hero gear in this current environment.

They should implement a better match making system, like gauging expertise of players, matching premade-only groups etc....

Being a pure pvp-player Warlord-rank player. I have played tons of PVP. I only did 4 RWZ, I got around 12k kills under my belt, and about 600-700 MVP votes.

I play solo 99% of the time and yes Premades will almost always wipe out puggers.

The current PvP problems are getting worse by the day. Today its almost impossbile to have any fun content in this game after you hit level 50. After you done all the cool quests and the cool flashpoints and all, theres just nothing to do. And you dont wanna grind a new toon since youve seen all the storylines of all the 8 diffrent characters. theres just no more suprises anymore. I gotta say you devs did all this amazingly well!

I assume you have joined recently as problems were FAR worse at launch. Welcome to level 11s bolstered to fight level 50s in BM gear. RNG bags for gear drops. Absolute Sorc/Sage dominance pre 1.2. As for content, that is a problem in EVERY MMO. They can't make it as fast as we can run it and you have to find ways to keep yourself busy.

The game is pretty dull, since pvp is totally broken. If your not hanging with a premade team.

To have some fun you need to wait or coordinate that the whole premade team you hang on to comes online. (Most ppl from these premade team are rarly seen without thier posse, prolly since they dont dare pvp as pug).

I can PUG just fine. That includes on alts like my recruit geared sage. I don't group on the opposite faction, sometimes I just like a change of pace. Doesn't stop me from winning. Sounds to me like this is a personal problem.

If you wnat to go pug in pvp your doomed as it is today. The premade teams rule the pvp areas with thier constant uberheals, looping stuns, roots, snares, stuns, roots, snares, heals, heals, heals. Theres just no way a randomly put team can ever win these fights.

I would say 75% of 4 man premades are just as uncoordinated as PUGs. Sure they have voice comm for calling incomings and positioning in huttball, but you clearly haven't seen a good 8 man rated team go at it or you'd notice just how coordinated a team can be.

My suggestions are that :

- We get a open world pvp arena ASAP. The system with 8 vs 8 players is not working since we got premades ruleing the whole game right now. It could be balanced for a short term with a openworld pvp arena where you can call in more reinforcements to counter the alpha players.

Nothing says fun like having all the same "problems" that you are complaining about on a larger scale that is one giant zergfest. No way you will be stunned the whole time with 50 people on the other side instead of 8...

- Option premades run against premades and pugs aginst pugs. Make an option how you want to pvp.

Definitely. No reason to let people play with their friends, they should have to wait in a disproportionately large queue to enjoy the game.

Heaven forbid you work strategically. You're basically asking to kill healers on demand by running a rotation. That isn't PVP. If they have a guard and you get taunted, then maybe the healer isn't who should be getting attacked. I'm sorry that you find the idea of selecting a target that makes the most sense or maybe, I don't know, interrupting the RIGHT heals boring, but most people think a straight DPS race is far worse. (side note, maybe that's why you need world PVP, to avoid any type of strategy to your fights)

- Fix resolve too! Its just annoying to be interrupted/stunned 50% of all pvp time. Make all stuns to be broken of taking damage or increase resolve value of all CCs.

Thats my suggestions.

Making stuns break on damage will kill operative/scoundrel as a PVP class. CC is an extremely frustrating aspect to any PVP environment, but I think this will cause more problems. Although, your idea does have some merit if put to use on certain classes. Warrior classes don't have a true hard stun, but they do have an AOE mezz that allows for strategic CC in objective PVP as well as an escape option if needed. If this type of philosophy were applied to most classes (JK/SW, Inq/Cons, PT/VG, and Sniper/GS), then it might make the overall experience better. I'd say Merc/Commando can still have a hard stun until they get a damage boost and Op/GS obviously need theirs.

Did you get the recruit Mk-2? I got the MK-1 about a month or so back and cant get the MK-2 without paying credits for it. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

Actually, I got my first battle master / war hero set before recruit gear was even there.

I got my second toons bm/wh set with mk-1 set.

I got my third toons bm/wh set with the mk-2 set.