Bowcaster ability for Bowdaar

TyrantOfNordberg

For me, the bowcaster is the second most iconic weapon in the Star Wars universe (obviously the lightsaber is first).

I understand why they aren't in the game but maybe just have Bowdaar pull out his bowcaster for an attack. Have it on a cooldown or something. I know Bowdaar is supposed to be melee tank but I feel he needs something more to get more aggro at a range. I'm not saying this should be a new item to equip just an ability of Bowdaar's. Honestly, I would be perfectly fine if he just picks out of thin air and fires off a shot or something. I still feel that this is still perfectly within Bowdaar's character to have.

Its no secret that the smuggler was inspired by Han Solo and Bowdaar draws a lot of inspiration from Chewie. Chewies weapon of choice was the Bowcaster. This should just work. Its just a little disappointing that at this point there is no reference to Bowcaster at all and based on KOTOR there are bowcasters around at this time.

Anyways, that is just musing of the day would appreciate feedback.

There's a Wookiee NPC that's part of the Ilum planet quests that carries a bowcaster, actually... So the model is in the game.

Now all we need to do is get Bioware to make it a useable weapon.

Edited by Mentski

There's a Wookiee NPC that's part of the Ilum planet quests that carries a bowcaster, actually... So the model is in the game.

Now all we need to do is get Bioware to make it a useable weapon.

I'm not quite ready for Ilum but its good to know that the model is in the game. Still it is bit disappointing that other then that (too my knowledge) theres no other form of that and can't be used by anyone.

Personally I'm glad that Bowdaar isn't just Chewbacca with a different name. I'd rather wookiees not all be stereotyped to what was in the movies.

Isn't the Bowcaster an important cultural weapon to Wookiees in general? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. And surely with the name "Bowdaar" he should have one anyway.:D

Edited by Darcstarr