[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance

Just thought I would chime in!

I've been playing this spec for about 4 weeks now I think, I started it a couple of days after the original post and levelled from 44-50 on my Shadow with it. I was previously full Infiltration and, although I loved it, was just feeling it was lacking something. One day I found myself reading the original post and just nodding along at each point, and before I knew it I was re-specced and hooked. Loved it in PvE, and in PvP the burst damage is fantastic. I'm not topping any scoreboards but just beaten my personal best when I came 3rd behind two Smashers. I can pull off those 1v1s when it matters so I know that I'm making the difference even without all that fluff damage from Madness or Rage.

Only issues I've really had have been against full Darkness/Kinetic Combat Shadow/Assasins or Darkness/Madness hybrids in full tank gear. Sometimes it's ok but there's a couple on my server who really know what they're doing there.

I did also have some problems with survivability at first so I figured I'd play around with a few things, my current build is a slight variation of the WJ spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfGbRzfbRbZf0cRM.2

Personally I just find that Insulation helps - once I'm fully geared I may re-evaluate but truth be told I've been having a blast with it. Everytime I think about giving the Darkness/Madness hybrid a go, I play a WZ in this spec and am reminded how great it is!

Thanks for the great guide!

I actually did the same thing as you. However, I kept Obfuscation at 2 points, so I could have the 1 point in Claws of Decay, because thrash is what helps build your procs, so anything additional damage it can deal is great.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm subbed. I figured I'd do it because I enjoy helping the Shadow / Assassin community.

Yay! Regardless of the reason, you've made me, and I'm sure many others very happy. Always good to have more good players teaching other people how to get better. Looking forward to it.

Well, I'm subbed. I figured I'd do it because I enjoy helping the Shadow / Assassin community.

Oh my god you are back!! Hahaha, I am all smiles right now...you were one of my favourite players in this game since I first knew about you.

Was pretty sad when you said adios to the game, but that's okay, you're back now and that's all that matters...

Are there going to be more videos? :rolleyes:

Both the duelling guides and the rwz stream were awesome!

Yes, thank you for showing interest!

Finals approaching at university so I prefer to spend my free time playing the game instead of writing about it. And until I go home for break I will be unable to stream because university internet is bad.

but rest assured I haven't abandoned this guide. Updates will continue in about two weeks.

Coming from a 50 kinetic shadow, I'm having tons of fun leveling up a WJ spec Sin (33 atm) and noticing how important burst is vs. total dps numbers or parsing etc. ... for example, i can get more total dps numbers on my pyrotech, but a lot of it is just spamming filler shots between targets that can be healed thru or survived thru. This spec as i get more and more points into it just burns people down faster than they can react sometimes!

Maul is my favorite thing now and i use stealth to hunt weak prey and finish them off quickly before they can heal up and now that i've gotten assassinate, ive noticed my kills going up. The AoE damage reduction talent is great, especially when you combine it w/ WZ adrenal and Darkswell talent for 70% DR for a limited amount of time from aoe and then pop your force shroud.

Just an update:

Now lvl 35 and did my first true solo burn down (lvl 40+ jedi knight) and node capture in WZ the other night ... burst is strong! I also randomly dueled another sith on Taris and killed him w/o much of a scratch ... the time to kill on this spec is very rewarding!

On a side note, i am heavily twinked w/ purple barrel + 41 power crystal and all orange armor w/ blue mods + augments ... about 561 max damage + 25% crit + 70% surge (all 4 buffs + biochem stim) Leveling up alts is fun!

edit:

Just won a 3v1 w/o dying in Voidstar on the final door ... this spec just burns em down if you're geared well and practice your rotations!

Edited by Himeji_Endless

Is Dark Maul a good one to use if I want to be like Darth Maul?

Thanks

Yes! If you want to play like Darth Maul did in the movies then the Dark Maul spec is for you 23-15-3. Everything you see him do in his fight with Qui Gon and Obi Won is in this spec and the devs designed this spec based specifically of what Darth Maul did in the movies and in the books. Even the Ability Maul that is basically a back stab that costs 50% of your force is named after him because he used this ability so much. About time someone noticed this!

Edited by Xethis

Yes! If you want to play like Darth Maul did in the movies then the Dark Maul spec is for you 23-15-3. Everything you see him do in his fight with Qui Gon and Obi Won is in this spec and the devs designed this spec based specifically of what Darth Maul did in the movies and in the books. Even the Ability Maul that is basically a back stab that costs 50% of your force is named after him because he used this ability so much. About time someone noticed this!

Do I use surging charge or dark charge with dark maul?

Also if I decided madness instead just how squishy is madness I can't seem to find that out?

Thanks

Do I use surging charge or dark charge with dark maul?

Also if I decided madness instead just how squishy is madness I can't seem to find that out?

Thanks

stop posting in this thread

Thanks

also if anyone was wondering if the gearing has changed now that all the elite war hero stuff is out the answer is...not really. Replace all war hero armorings with elite war hero as it is a flat stat increase. Other than that swap out the war hero mods/enhancements for the EWH ones that give +1 stat across the board. Nothing significant has changed.