AstralFire

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-game stat window for assassin says the following

Strength=Melee damage bonus,Melee Crit chance

80str=+16 melee damage bonus, +0.91% crit chance

Willpower=Melee damage bonus,Melee Crit Chance, Force Damage bonus,Force Crit Chance

565= +113 melee damage bonus, 5.90% Melee Crit chance, +113 Force damage bonus, 5.90% Force crit chance

And as far as i can will power is increasing damage. Str helps melee to but seeing assassin has both force attacks and melee might as well get willpower stats. (tested with out armor and armor on Str is same with and with out and will power does increase melee atlest that what it looks like to me)

If this is wrong then the in game description on assassin is wrong on what helps with melee but, Str probably helps more, but i dont have str gear to test that. might want make some changes to the main post about willpower not helping melee

Edited by Kyuuu

In-game stat window for assassin says the following

Strength=Melee damage bonus,Melee Crit chance

80str=+16 melee damage bonus, +0.91% crit chance

Willpower=Melee damage bonus,Melee Crit Chance, Force Damage bonus,Force Crit Chance

565= +113 melee damage bonus, 5.90% Melee Crit chance, +113 Force damage bonus, 5.90% Force crit chance

And as far as i can will power is increasing damage. Str helps melee to but seeing assassin has both force attacks and melee might as well get willpower stats. (tested with out armor and armor on Str is same with and with out and will power does increase melee atlest that what it looks like to me)

If this is wrong then the in game description on assassin is wrong on what helps with melee but, Str probably helps more, but i dont have str gear to test that. might want make some changes to the main post about willpower not helping melee

Not sure how you are even speculating that str might be better stat. Some very simple math shows that 16/80= .2 and 113/565=.2 so even the numbers you provided show that willpower and strength both increase melee bonus damage by the same amount but will power then also increases all those other stats. Willpower hands down for an assassin.

Edited by Angina

Not sure if this was asked, like bit more clarifiction on +defense vs absorb and sheild rating. Which one do you focus on for deception tank when modding gear or is it a balance of both. At around lvl 29 you start to see enhancements and mods that have all three these stats but rarely together. Stack defense or sheild absorb/rating...to bad no combat log other wise I would figure this out myself. :(

I'm thinking of going from Deception to Darkness, as a level 33 Assassin.

Though I feel like stealth becomes useless and that some abilities lose their sense.

What abilities does the Darkness Assassin use mainly, how's its damage?

And what about Madness? To me, it seems like shared trees aren't so useful...

I'm probably wrong.

I'm having difficulties finding out what type I want to play, please help :3

I want to be useful in a group.

I want to solo well

I hate dying against bosses (mostly because they come back with full health)

Khem Val always dies, even with level 30 purple heavy armor equipment.

I want to do enough damage to kill enemies on my own.

Edited by xaglacion

Now that I look at the Madness branch, it seems really good against groups of enemies.

What companion works best with a Madness Assassin, and what's his soloing capability,

and compared to the Deception Assassin, what are the differences except different playstyles?

Edited by xaglacion

Not sure how you are even speculating that str might be better stat. Some very simple math shows that 16/80= .2 and 113/565=.2 so even the numbers you provided show that willpower and strength both increase melee bonus damage by the same amount but will power then also increases all those other stats. Willpower hands down for an assassin.

I wasnt saying it was i just said it might be, but i also said i dont have str gear, I know for fact willpower is better for assassin, at this point i just trying to fiqure out if Crit and surge is better, or Surge and power

Question: how do you tell when Duplicity (or anything else for that matter) procs? Is there some kind of visual or fly text that I'm missing?

thanks!

I haven't noticed anything other than the little square buffs on my nameplate at the bottom. Just gotta keep an eye out and remember what icon each buff represents.

Regarding Alacrity. When you say Alacrity makes your DoTs take effect faster, does that just mean the cast time is decreased, or that the actual damage increments are decreased? It seems current reading suggests Alacrity ONLY affects cast time. If that's the case, given Force Lightning isn't technically a DoT (doesn't heal, doesn't use Deathmarks), and Crushing Darkness is instant cast on proc, is Alacrity really worth anything to a Madness Assassin?

Question about the Madness PVE build and priority. I'm not yet 50 so I have not had the chance to experiment with everything but I'm wondering if 8/2/31 will be the better build for PVE madness.

My suspicion is that the buffs to thrash and the relatively low force regen makes trying to use Maul in our rotation not worth it. I suspect that we won't have the extra force and time to work in Maul effectively making those three points very low yield to benefit ratio.

What I propose is that the extra 3% damage from electric execution in darkness tree and having a burst CD from the two points in dark embrace (force cloak then spam assassinate/thrash/shock with increased force regen) and dropping Maul from the priority list. We would then use Thrash/lacerate/assassinate when no dots need refreshing and you don't need force. I'm also under the impression that each attack from thrash can individually proc your Raze ability which is our biggest DPS boost of all (especially on fights with more than one target).

Once I have more information about the damage that our lightsaber charges do at level 50 and what the relative damage of Thrash and buffed maul will be, then I can run some math to back this idea up.

I'm thinking the same as you. Even at 50% force cost, Maul is quite expensive and it doesn't seem worth it to move behind an enemy for procs, especially when sharing aggro with a companion. Anyone have good results with this?

Edited to add another question:

The Madness rotation lists Force Lighting. I mostly solo and I haven't been using it since at least one mob is usually attacking me and I assume it'll get knocked back too much to be very useful. Does the madness rotation shown in the guide assume a tank will have aggro? Is it just so good that even with knockback it's worth using when soloing?

Edited by Eitri

This is exactly what I needed, and I'm glad o know that after reading your guide, I realized that i'm some what on the right track with my Sith Assasin. Thank you so much for this.

If you have the time, I would love to see another guide by yo on say a Jedi Knight or Imperial Agent.

Thanks once again :)

Hi, I read the guide and if I have been understand, for the priority stats of the Assassin Deception is :

Willpower > Accuracy (cap) > Critic > surge > power

but I begin to buy the Columi Set (stalker's) and I see "all" pieces have Power and Accuracy stats.

It's normal ? You think other item (saber, relic etc...) need critic/surge stats, and the set is for the accuracy cap and power ?

Ps: Sorry for my english ^^

Edited by Horowitz

Question: how do you tell when Duplicity (or anything else for that matter) procs? Is there some kind of visual or fly text that I'm missing?

thanks!

Yep, there is no standard Raid UI for this game telling you "HEY, USE YOUR <Insert Skill Here> NOW"

Just keep an eye out on your frames and you will be fine.

Plus, tankasin's = the tankadin's of SWTOR. 7 Seconds of spamming and building threat, followed by 30 seconds of "Thrash, Thrash, Proc, Thrash, Thrash, Taunt, Thrash Thrash, etc..."

Why do none of these builds use Insulate? At least for someone at lower level where we're not using Discharge all the time? Seems like a good low cost boost to survivability with little downside (Lightening Charge (sp?) doesn't seem that useful to my level 12).