Whats next for the empire?

Kaisernick

So according to the state of the Galaxy the empire is slowly gaining ground while the republic has slowed.

with the upcoming attacks on Koriban and typhon does this mean the empire will finally pull a ESB and really hit the Republic Hard?

Not really, seeing that...

Both sides are actually being manipulated by a higher power.

Plus, if memory serves me right, Darth Marr did mention that the Isotope-5 the Empire was to procure already had a destination, namely to strengthen the Empire's defenses.

The latest update by the Shroud confirms as much.

Isotope-5 mining operations are ongoing (see “Makeb” entry, below) and providing the Empire with increasing stores of the unusual material. Despite initial expectations, weaponization has not been the Imperial Science Bureau’s primary research vector. (...)

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140407

Also, it's "Korriban" and "Tython".

Not really, seeing that...

Plus, if memory serves me right, Darth Marr did mention that the Isotope-5 the Empire was to procure already had a destination, namely to strengthen the Empire's defenses.

The latest update by the Shroud confirms as much.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140407

yes but

Prototype iso-5 generators have been activated in fifty-seven planetary garrisons and shipyards, drastically reducing the Empire’s reliance on previously-strained resource lines and boosting available frontline assets by 39.7 percent
this means that although it has been mostly used to strengthen defenses they have more frontline troops for an attack and may have a boost in shipyard production.

as for the higher power where did u hear that?

yes but

this means that although it has been mostly used to strengthen defenses they have more frontline troops for an attack and may have a boost in shipyard production.

Going from "our defeat is imminent" to "our victory is nigh" in a fortnight - so to speak - would be silly.

Until Darth Marr says otherwise, I believe the Empire is far more preoccupied in strengthening its defenses, which the briefing confirms, and NOT pushing a major offensive, especially after the Core Worlds invasion has been dropped.

as for the higher power where did u hear that?

I played the flashpoints on the PTS and read some other stuff, somewhere else. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yes, from what I heard, a "vision" and an "old man" are mentioned. I'm intrigued, but I also heard that this is actually a storyline that will take up to a year of time :o

Also, the Empire might be in a better position now, but keep in mind that, before Makeb, they were losing really badly. They lost one tenth of their total military force during the Battle of Corellia. They lost a lot because of Malgus' defection. They had to replace several members of the Dark Council, and they kinda lost their Emperor (for the time being, anyway). They were in a horrible position, because nothing they managed to do in Act 3 was of major influence to the war effort. I think Darth Marr mentions in a conversation during the Imperial Makeb story that he lost 3 systems to gain time for the operation on Makeb.

So while the Empire is doing better now, I don't think they are any closer to winning. But maybe they will strike a major blow in the near future, who knows, right?

... and then Bioware backstabs them by having the Mandalorians turn against the Empire and fighting independently.

Yes, from what I heard, a "vision" and an "old man" are mentioned. I'm intrigued, but I also heard that this is actually a storyline that will take up to a year of time :o

Also, the Empire might be in a better position now, but keep in mind that, before Makeb, they were losing really badly. They lost one tenth of their total military force during the Battle of Corellia. They lost a lot because of Malgus' defection. They had to replace several members of the Dark Council, and they kinda lost their Emperor (for the time being, anyway). They were in a horrible position, because nothing they managed to do in Act 3 was of major influence to the war effort. I think Darth Marr mentions in a conversation during the Imperial Makeb story that he lost 3 systems to gain time for the operation on Makeb.

So while the Empire is doing better now, I don't think they are any closer to winning. But maybe they will strike a major blow in the near future, who knows, right?

It was more of an "insurrection" than a "defection", especially when he was the LEADER of said "insurrection".

... and then Bioware backstabs them by having the Mandalorians turn against the Empire and fighting independently.

Mandalorians do not have the manpower or the resources for that kind of pull.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

In the end the Empire needs to be crushed ultimately to make way for the Fourth Great Schism or New Sith Wars around 1000-1500 years later.

As for now, the Empire is shoreing up defenses taking advantage of the Republic chasing convenient distractions such as the Cartel, Czerka, and the Dread Masters. At this point the Republic is at the advantage but we're nearing straining point again in the same deadlock that resulted in the Sacking of Coruscant.

The Republic has pushed the Empire to the brink. The Empire pulls a last ditch yet highly effective maneuver to capture and hold Coruscant hostage and uses the lull to rebuild for a renewed attack. The same thing has happened again with the Republic chasing false leads instead of focusing on the Empire. We're back to the status Quo in which both sides are deadlocked.

The Empire is no longer on the brink of defeat as they were at the end of Chapter 3. However they are orchestrating their strike on Tython as the tradeoff for Korriban for Chapter 5 I would say.

In the end the Empire needs to be crushed ultimately to make way for the Fourth Great Schism or New Sith Wars around 1000-1500 years later..

It would be interesting to see Vitiate's Revitalized Sith Empire survive him. The exact extent leading up to Phanius taking the Sith mantle as Darth Ruin, is not known. Only that Ruin establishes his New Sith Empire 1600 or so years from TOR's current time.

In terms of fluff and lore, I again would prefer to see the current Sith Empire fragment yet still be a major galactic power when the last Great Schism happens. Same with how Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness was born out of the ruins and splintering of thousands fiefdoms spawned from the death of the New Sith Empire.