Free to play restrictions

Ognathon

I was wondering, any news on what the restrictions for free to play will be? I was mainly wondering if it would restrict anything to do with guilds, as my guild is waiting for free to play to come from Republic Commando to TOR. :rak_02:

That tells me next to nothing about the restrictions... :rolleyes:

There is next to nothing to know until BioWare deems us worthy and releases new information. The information you seek is not public. The developers aren't even sure yet based on an interview with Gabe Amatangelo.

all they have said is there is going to be restrictions. i would hope they don't take away all heroics and flashpoints from the people who want to play it free to play. at least have one heroic mission per planet for the free to players.

There is next to nothing to know until BioWare deems us worthy and releases new information. The information you seek is not public. The developers aren't even sure yet based on an interview with Gabe Amatangelo.

^ This, hence why I posted the article. It shows the basics of what you can do with free to play: Level 1-50. Operations will need a subscription most likely. Maybe even new content, such as something like Makeb.

I would really like to know how my 8 toons will be impacted if I choose to play F2P.

I know I will only have access to 2 toons and I know they have to be human, what I am concerned about is the fate of those toons I do not play. Will they remain intact until I choose to resub?

According to things that I have read, your characters do not need to be human if they were previously created. The characters that you have are ones that you will retain, but some will be made inactive. Upon switching to FTP, you will choose your active characters and that will be the end of it. Were you to make a new character, you would then be placed under all the species restrictions and any other customisation restrictions that BioWare implements.

The ones that you do not play will just remain dormant and unused.

This is all pending as well. BioWare is still trying to figure out what to do in a very unprofessional manner.

According to things that I have read, your characters do not need to be human if they were previously created. The characters that you have are ones that you will retain, but some will be made inactive. Upon switching to FTP, you will choose your active characters and that will be the end of it. Were you to make a new character, you would then be placed under all the species restrictions and any other customisation restrictions that BioWare implements.

The ones that you do not play will just remain dormant and unused.

This is all pending as well. BioWare is still trying to figure out what to do in a very unprofessional manner.

That sounds like what I pretty much expected, which is also what I was hoping for!

If they were going to vanish, then I's probably look at a second account for F2P, glad I won't have to.