Fabizan

SkyToHigh

I'm not sure if this has been asked and would really appreciate some advice on how to deal with him. He eats me me alive. I'm a level 13 Scoundrel using mostly quest gear from the Justicar quests on Coruscant not sure if there's better option. Not sure how to update Corso's gear. I've tried kiting him...he just pulls me back to him and lights me on fire. Hp goes down fast from there. Tried having Corso tank him and healing Corso can't seem to outheal the flame attack. Tried using a mixture using dirty kick to stun him and flash bang to heal myself back up. So far nothing I've tried has worked out at all :(. Any tips from my wiser smuggler brothers/sisters? Edited by SkyToHigh

If I remember correctly, Fabizan is level 17 or so. You just need to gain levels at this point. =/

edit: other than that, get out of the target he puts down on the floor as that's what sets you on fire.

Edited by Vistoise

I'm not feeling so bad now. Thought I was doing good to reach this guy at level 15. He thrashed me about four times before I finally decided to level some more. Also upgraded armor as much as possible by turning in the Corousant Commendations. About to hit lvl 17 and will try him again then.

I'm not sure if this has been asked and would really appreciate some advice on how to deal with him. He eats me me alive. I'm a level 13 Scoundrel using mostly quest gear from the Justicar quests on Coruscant not sure if there's better option. Not sure how to update Corso's gear. I've tried kiting him...he just pulls me back to him and lights me on fire. Hp goes down fast from there. Tried having Corso tank him and healing Corso can't seem to outheal the flame attack. Tried using a mixture using dirty kick to stun him and flash bang to heal myself back up. So far nothing I've tried has worked out at all :(. Any tips from my wiser smuggler brothers/sisters?

I reached him as a 14 Scoundrel and mowed through his support fairly easily...he however stopped me cold.

I've since beaten him though.

The trick is making sure you utilize the cover in the room *especially* if you are a Gunslinger...if you are having trouble understanding how it works in game like I did at first, I suggest reading the handy guide at the top of this forum, I found it to be immensely helpful.

Make sure you pace yourself and don't just spam attacks on him, you'll drain your energy real fast that way and be a sitting duck.

Use flash grenade to stun him at range and dirty kick to stun him in close to buy you some necessary breathing room to get away from him.

If he does close and you are a scoundrel, remember your scatter gun...also blaster whip does some nice damage for either spec.

Don't forget to use your buffs like Lucky Shot as well...that 5% crit can make a big difference. Use a skill stim and stock up on medkits if you don't have underworld medicine...actually, take a medkit even if you do have it.

Make sure Corso is in guard mode....and I find shutting off his minion fishing line (the harpoon ability) so he doesn't pull the boss on top of you to be quite helpful.

Also don't be afraid to ask for help from other players...remember that when you are teamed, other classes can enter your story mode without penalty...only other smugglers are restricted.

Fabz goes down pretty quick when you've got a couple of people hacking/blasting him and the loss of XP is negligible.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Loclif

He was pretty rough even at 14 (scoundrel). Took me two tries and I barely finished him on the second try. I just did the first area of Coruscant then did my class quests. I just wanted to get my ship so I can send the annoying droid on missions while I quest and PvP.

Also don't be afraid to ask for help from other players...remember that when you are teamed, other classes can enter your story mode without penalty...only other smugglers are restricted.

You can allow same classes into your story by selecting it in the interface, not sure if that could be a bad thing though.

Edited by Ashanor

I'm a L13 Scoundrel and have been routed by him three times now (that prompted me to check here). How do you turn off Corso's harpoon line? That would actually help alot I'd think. I can already see I'm going to be leveling to L15 before I try him again he's just to tough.

On another note how far past this guy do we finally get our ship back? I have to admit I thought maybe this was it with the Hangar bay so I was a bit let down to not find my ship sitting there and Skavik trying to escape. How much longer does this go on?

Calladen

Level 13 Scoundrel

I'm a L13 Scoundrel and have been routed by him three times now (that prompted me to check here). How do you turn off Corso's harpoon line? That would actually help alot I'd think. I can already see I'm going to be leveling to L15 before I try him again he's just to tough.

On another note how far past this guy do we finally get our ship back? I have to admit I thought maybe this was it with the Hangar bay so I was a bit let down to not find my ship sitting there and Skavik trying to escape. How much longer does this go on?

Calladen

Level 13 Scoundrel

to change the used skills of your companion you need to activate his toolbar (click on the "+" at his 4-icon bar). a 2nd toolbar will showup under your own. now you can change the used specials by toggle the green light symbol on/off. then click the "-" symbol to get back to the mini-toolbar. dont forget that the companion toolbar (used specials) reset everytime you store him (or use a taxi).

you get your ship back the moment you beat him.

Edited by C-mot

I first did this mission as a lvl 15 Scoundrel - Sawbones and got smoked. Went back and leveled up to 17, and geared up Corso. Got the best I could from the AH and tokens.

During the fight, I first had Corso pick off the goons. They die easy. Then kept Corso healed as he tanked Fabizan. Saved 'All in' and 'cool head' cooldowns too.

He has an AOE fire dot that can quickly do some damage so it's not good to stand next to him. Scrappers would have to interrupt or run out.

• 1 year later...
As a Level 14 Scoundrel there is NO WAY I can get even close to defeating Fabizan. Corso is pretty much useless and once hit with a fire bomb, my character is nearly dead. Being trapped on Coruscant there are no other feasible missions I can use to level up: the Flashpoint ones are WAAYYY too hard and some of the remaining character-based missions, e.g. Loren Gunthor, are equally unachievable. I have not enough commendations or credits to buy anything decent and even in the Cartel Market you need to be level 31 to equip serious outfits... give up and delete character now??:confused:

A couple of notes, given I have leveled two gunslingers and a scoundrel.

1. Unless you're on character six or seven and have serious legacy presence buffs, you're not going to be soloing the Esseles. The AOE from the Mandolorian commander will tear corso apart.

2. Without said legacy bonuses, Corso is very squishy. I had trouble here with my first slinger. My advice would be to save your two CC skills (kick and flash grenade) specifically to interrupt fire bomb. If that doesn't work, you can let the cast happen then move yourself and Corso out of the way (if you quick toggle him to passive, he moves to your position, this is a good skill to have for some later bosses as well).

3. Underleveled, you're going to need a stim and medpack to have a chance, along with some luck. This is a tough fight, but you can do it :)

Have tried the Esseles but cannot get close to defeating the Imperial Commander - am overwhelmed by the boarding troops and Corso dies too readily. If this is an easier Flashpoint, then it's not something I can win either - thanks for the suggestion.

if you are trying to solo it with your companion, then that is the problem. join with the group finder to find 3 other players and then see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

It makes things a lot easier if you level to 15 on the Fleet by doing Esseles/Black Talon and daily PvP missions. Seriously--don't even leave the fleet until you're level 15 and all of Coruscant becomes trivial.

Optionally, make sure you do more side quests on Coruscant that are beneath your level. Get in Heroic groups as soon as you see them forming in /general chat.

In order to place gear on companions, bring up your character screen (default is "C", I believe), then use the tab at the bottom to switch to your companion. Once you have that tab open, you can gear as you normally would.