Proper soa positioning

As the tank, more often than not I find myself also getting hit by the pillar as it drops down to break SOAs shield in the 3rd phase. Is there a trick I'm missing to being able to judge better where I can stand to keep soa under the pillar, but myself out of its damage area?

Also on the same note, is it known how much damage the pillars do on the varying difficulty levels?

Any help is much appreciated.

u can get fully hit, hit only a little bit and not get hit at all. When he enrages moxt tanks mostly die. Just try to get a feeling for it since the pillar is always somewhere else it is hard to define a landmark to orientate to. Just hope they fixed the bug so Soa gets hit by the pillar even if he is casting..... :mad:

My first few tries, I was getting very unhappy, to keep this post clean :)

As the tank, do this:

Make sure your camera zoom is set to 100% - this makes spotting the pylon easier

Head to new pylon, get under it.....

Now, shift camera angle to look up your own butt (should try outside of Soa first) the real trick is moving while looking up your butt...

From this angle, looking straight up, you can see when you're centered under it, ie; the kill zone, and can also see when you've moved just enough to NOT be under it.....

I do it simliarly with the view zoomed out at max but when Im closing in on the pylon Im zooming it in to the first person perspective. This way I can see where am I in relation to the pillar just by looking slightly up. But its just my way to do it and it takes some time to learn. I cant give you any solid advice other than just try to "feel" where it falls. Im eating its damage like 30% of the time. Edited by Mc_Gregor

I do it simliarly with the view zoomed out at max but when Im closing in on the pylon Im zooming it in to the first person perspective. This way I can see where am I in relation to the pillar just by looking slightly up. But its just my way to do it and it takes some time to learn. I cant give you any solid advice other than just try to "feel" where it falls. Im earing its damage like 30% of the time.

That's pretty much what I do (zoom into first-person). I've never been hit by it, but just because if you realize it doesn't have to land *directly* on him, you can plan it much easier. Pull him a few feet in front of it, and when it falls it'll hit him and not you at all.