Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen some very stupid things but a throne with rockets on the bottom so so you move about while seated? Really Bioware?

From the video it even looked like it went up to speeder piloting 3 so would ba as fast if not faster than speeders. So people will be flying around on floating thrones. And yet sitting on a stationaty chair is too much work.

Lol, totally agree here. A throne should not be a level 3 speeder. Interesting idea to add 'cosmetic' weaponry. I think that's a neat idea. Though if they really want to do well in my humble opinion they'd give players a place to store trinkets etc in 3d (not a bank or inventory). Maybe be able to put things in your ship.. but I know I'm going off on a tangent. I'm interested to see what else is going to be on the cartel market.

All I want to know is the following two things...

First:

Will races beyond the human, cyborg and Zabrak be available for purchase from the market? ALL FTP's I have ever played, who have a subscriber version as well, have offered their players of the FTP a chance to purchase access to the otherwise non-accessible races due to their FTP status.

Second:

For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

P.S. Yes I have read other posts, but I like to make sure I get a direct answer when my money and time is on the line.

Edited by Aslesh
added information

Hmm...not too keen on the look of the pack system in order to get items such as the Throne..Hopefully you can buy items like that separately if you wish but thats very unlikely since they want to reap as much money as they can.

Other than that Im really looking forward to it and hopefully there will be a large amount of new players around.

Edit. Also the roll system on the pack will probably be awful, I just dont want to end up getting the same item 20 times in the hope I'll get something different.

Edited by Darth_Exar

lol ill be saving my cartel coins for something decent, I Don't like were the separation differences between paying and non paying peps r going and i dont like "the chance to win". And something needs to be done like battle groups for wow, the oceanic pvp and group q times are crap you cant merge a pvp/rp/pve server together. But if they want to que for pvp let them que together and vice versa for pve

Stop making the game sillier in an effort to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I hate stupid gimmicks. The rhythm augmentation droid is funny and about as far as it should go; it's stupid to have someone buying a carbonite chamber for himself. The meditation throne should not float around or serve as a vehicle. It'd be fine if it was a static throne for your ship.

Also, cut down on all the shiny gold borders. It looks really cheesy when you log in with a legacy account, and I can see that same kind of nonsense with the borders and cartel icon here.

All of this seems worse than what we had before. Please take this game seriously so it can feel like an immersive world and part of the Star Wars universe we know from the films. You will begin losing serious subscribers if the game devolves into attenion-grabbing gimmicks to the point it distracts from the goal of experiencing the Star Wars universe with a good story and strong gameplay.

Stop making the game sillier in an effort to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I hate stupid gimmicks. The rhythm augmentation droid is funny and about as far as it should go; it's stupid to have someone buying a carbonite chamber for himself. The meditation throne should not float around or serve as a vehicle. It'd be fine if it was a static throne for your ship.

Also, cut down on all the shiny gold borders. It looks really cheesy when you log in with a legacy account, and I can see that same kind of nonsense with the borders and cartel icon here.

All of this seems worse than what we had before. Please take this game seriously so it can feel like an immersive world and part of the Star Wars universe we know from the films. You will begin losing serious subscribers if the game devolves into attenion-grabbing gimmicks to the point it distracts from the goal of experiencing the Star Wars universe with a good story and strong gameplay.

I have to agree with this senitment. I am not going to 'pay' for a lottery ticket for a CHANCE to win some eye-candy and I feel it cheapens the game. I hated it on SWG and I will hate it just as much on SWTOR.

Sure, its a cheap grab at some addict's bucks, but can't we do better Bioware?

*** did I just watch? Icon looks horrendous, hoping I can toggle that monster rather just resize and colour. And that throne is just.....I don't even want to say for fear of offending. Content should be cool but realistic and fitting, I don't want fifty bloody flying thrones when I'm wandering the fleet or in the middle Tatooine or Hoth that is just ridiculous and wholly immersion breaking, its not even star warsy!

Bioware continue to plummet, how about you spend time on your end game and give us paying subscribers some decent lengthy content eh?

Hmm...the more I see the direction BioWare is taking with this game, the obvious drop-off in quality, and the drastic change in direction the development staff seems to have taken...the less I see myself sticking around after I finish off the class stories (which after a year, I'm close to being done with them). Even the trailers have taken a quality hit here.

And I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that EAWare is going to abandon the class stories completely in favor of alien-dialogue driven dailys and pre-recorded gender/class one-liners.

I more than got my fair share of BioWare-quality story fix from this game so its kind of sad to see it die. Makeb, Section X, and HK-51 are the best non-OP story-based content we have to look forward to? Yikes...So I guess...enjoy the cartel packs and Darth Nihilus masks? Or something?

I doubt anything in this game will ever be fixed. Same issues since open beta. If you're a star wars fan-boy, I get it. Enjoy your fantasy for as long as you can. I left shortly after launch and I came back to this game a couple of weeks ago to find nothing changed but they're adding a market of floating chairs and b.s. Same bugs and no responses. I'm out... again.

I I'm out... again.

Don't let the door hit ya where ma nature split ya -salute-

I don't get what's wrong with the chair - my Sith will be riding that thing complete with LOUD-*** pimp horn baby! bum-ba-bum bum-ba-bum

Why should we 'teh loest common demomimator' be penalized because something clashes with YOUR vision of Star Wars? If you don't like it... don't use it, pretty simple mah peeps :)

I don't know why, but I got the distinct feeling that Blaine Christine either hated the Cartel Packs or thought they were going to drive players away. I'm no body language expert, but to me his facial expression screamed: "I don't like this."

Of course, I could be 100% wrong and he could thing the idea was positively brilliant.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I completely agree. not liking all the silliness they're showing in these ftp videos. just seeing my evil sith lord dancing because someone put out a droid that makes everyone dance is too silly

I doubt anything in this game will ever be fixed. Same issues since open beta. If you're a star wars fan-boy, I get it. Enjoy your fantasy for as long as you can. I left shortly after launch and I came back to this game a couple of weeks ago to find nothing changed but they're adding a market of floating chairs and b.s. Same bugs and no responses. I'm out... again.

I'm not even that concerned about bugs or anything. IMO the game is in pretty good shape and anything left over is not a big deterrent as long as they do have tickets in place to fix.

I just can't stand the idea of them spending all this time on lame gimmicks. Next thing you know they'll have a Yoda hat and Mickey Mouse hat based on this random carbonite animation and these floating thrones. That kind of thing is not really going to bring in subscribers (I'm sure some casual players will be amused for five minutes), but it will turn plenty away. I'm sure some within BioWare agree with me, and they need to speak up more and make sure this game does not devolve into driving X-wings around as speeders or something.

If you want to do something cool with carbonite, make a mission out of it. Allow a character to defeat an enemy and store him in carbonite on the ship. Maybe even allow you to seal someone you beat in a duel in carbonite and keep the mold or something, if you really want to push it. But what that video showed looked like complete, gimmicky nonsense. Put some actual thought into your gimmicks so they don't feel shoehorned into the experience in a way that compromises the integrity of the game and the people who want to feel like they're experiencing something great.

Don't let the door hit ya where ma nature split ya -salute-

I don't get what's wrong with the chair - my Sith will be riding that thing complete with LOUD-*** pimp horn baby! bum-ba-bum bum-ba-bum

Why should we 'teh loest common demomimator' be penalized because something clashes with YOUR vision of Star Wars? If you don't like it... don't use it, pretty simple mah peeps :)

Yeah, but people buzzing around in silly vehicles or placing themselves into carbonite nearby for no reason does affect the immersion factor. I'm all for having some fun with it, but what's wrong with the throne being in the ship? What's wrong with making the carbonite-related purchase a mission, like how Elder Scrolls games have DLC add-on missions?

I can live with slave outfits and music droids because clothes are clothes and some people in the world would use a music droid if one existed. That's fine, so whatever. There is musical spirit in the movies. But these two seem stupid, and I'm mostly afraid it indicates that more nonsense could be in the works, like night elf mohawk grenades that instead give everyone a Yoda-like head within a 30m radius. Don't go there, BioWare. I don't want to leave, but the Elder Scrolls MMO will look a lot more appealing if you keep this up. Plenty of games out there to play, so please assure us you're listening.

Edited by RiversBlack

Will races beyond the human, cyborg and Zabrak be available for purchase from the market?

Yes.

For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

IIRC, you will not lose access to "non-f2p" characters. From a jumble of things that have been said and a somewhat badly maintained FAQ, I think it works like this (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

If you let your subscription lapse, your account falls back to "preferred" status. You can still log in and play all your characters with all "unlocks" that you have bought for credits (cargo and inventory space, etc., and you will still be able to wear purple gear that's already bound to a character), but your credits above the cap (500k) go to escrow and remain unavailable until you subscribe again. However, your character slot limit drops down to 2, and unless you delete characters or buy enough slots, you will not be able to create new characters.

Yeah, but people buzzing around in silly vehicles or placing themselves into carbonite nearby for no reason does affect the immersion factor.

And why is YOUR immersion factor so much more important than everyone elses?

What's wrong with the chair and the carbonite pod being restricted to the ship is that they'd be used like... once :p this stuff being usable EVERYWHERE is a fun status symbol. This game ISN'T Skyrim, it's an mmo. Funny animations, jokes in the social areas and amusing animations in the main faction bases. Social items have been a part of MMO's since the genre began - and if you think the ES mmo won't have social items you're mistaken.

I'm sorry my chair is flying through YOUR game, but as a subscriber you are SHARING this game with everyone else

I'll bet you Devs are indeed "excited about the Cartel Packs"

It's your best ripoff scheme yet... congratulations, Bioware. :mad:

Every game that has a cash shop has something like that. We've already had a generation growing up with CCGs. This is no big deal. And the items are BoE, so eventually people will be selling them on the GTN.