Star Wars Collection on Steam 50% Off

RMA-WEB

I actually picked up that bundle at the beginning of December.

Installed KoToR and was all set to relive my (late) childhood.

Booted it up and all I had to say was, "What. The. Eff."

It's amazing how far we've come with GPUs, CPUs and monitors since that game released. I can't play it without a couple boxes of tissues to soak up the blood flowing from my eyeballs.

Yeah, I'd say this generation of games has broke my childhood irreparably. KoToR was incredibly fun, but I can't stand to look at the graphics these days. It would be awesome if we had a KoToR redux or something (that's a hint, EAWare. Make it happen!)

No Lego Star Wars? Blasphemy! They are on sale individually though.

Yeah, I'd say this generation of games has broke my childhood irreparably. KoToR was incredibly fun, but I can't stand to look at the graphics these days. It would be awesome if we had a KoToR redux or something (that's a hint, EAWare. Make it happen!)

I still play old school Super Nintendo games now & then. Especially Final Fantasy 3(6) & Chrono Trigger. I can always revisit those 2.

Edited by DarthLeeloo

Never played any of them. Are there some that are fun?

Depending on what happens with the expansion release, the current bugs flying around my head, I may be looking for some solo games to fill my dead time until the next MMORPG comes out.

KoToR 1 and 2 were definitely fun in their day, don't get me wrong. I'm just incredibly spoiled by the new graphics and clearer monitors. It used to be that I'd play a game like Ultima on the console or PC even knowing the graphics were sub par compared to current releases. And I might still if that was the thing to do at the time. But that because those games tried specifically to do as much as they could with what little they had to work with.

KoToR doesn't work that way. They made it using top(ish) end tech for the day and it just seems light years behind now. At least this was the case for the first game. The second might fare better, but I haven't installed it (again) yet.

My recommendation would be to pick up the bundle at half off. I mean, what the hell, they're iconic enough that even if you only get half way through it, you can at least say you tried it. But I'd suggest playing it in a 640 x 480 window to minimize ocular hemmoraging.

No Lego Star Wars? Blasphemy! They are on sale individually though.

I still play old school Super Nintendo games now & then. Especially Final Fantasy 3(6) & Chrono Trigger. I can always revisit those 2.

I actually have FF1, 2, 3 and 4 on my phone along with Chrono Trigger and FF Tactics. But every single one is remastered in some way for re-release. I tried playing FF1 on my old NES and found I'd much rather get eye strain and neck cramps from playing the new versions on my phone.

Depending on what happens with the expansion release, the current bugs flying around my head, I may be looking for some solo games to fill my dead time until the next MMORPG comes out.

I actually started playing Force Unleashed on the 360 recently. I tried to play KotOR but as someone said the graphics were hurting and I couldn't do it. I had Jedi Academy but never played it and traded it to someone for KotOR 1 and 2 back then.

Both are amazing games. They are worth buying. Keep in mind they are made by two different companies. So you might see differences in them. But still well worth the money. ( they were worth the money when they came out)

Graphic wise ... well ..... Just think back to then is all I can say. If I remember correctly they had mods for them, or a way to make the graphics better... google around I'm sure you will find something.

I actually started playing Force Unleashed on the 360 recently. I tried to play KotOR but as someone said the graphics were hurting and I couldn't do it. I had Jedi Academy but never played it and traded it to someone for KotOR 1 and 2 back then.

You should have kept JA. ( and bought KOTOR) Ja was an awesome game, just for the multiplayer alone. ( If you like PvP)

Force Unleashed was incredibly fun, but also incredibly short. I'd beaten it before realizing it was actually a platformer. I'm not sure really what I was expecting going in, but I didn't expect to be in replay mode after just a few hours.

I haven't played FU2 but I hear it's pretty much along the same lines as the first. Which is to say, lightsaber swinging, force lightning frying, force pushing guys off cliffs kind of fun. But still relatively short.

Another game I found fun along the star wars(ish) line was Soul Calibre 4. Sure the inclusion of Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice was nothing but a blatant money grab in the form of name dropping, but they were incredibly fun to play and the game was fairly solid as fighters go. Not exactly in the realm of "single player" per se, but I figured it deserved the tip of a hat.

Edited by althene

Force Unleashed was incredibly fun, but also incredibly short. I'd beaten it before realizing it was actually a platformer. I'm not sure really what I was expecting going in, but I didn't expect to be in replay mode after just a few hours.

I haven't played FU2 but I hear it's pretty much along the same lines as the first. Which is to say, lightsaber swinging, force lightning frying, force pushing guys off cliffs kind of fun. But still relatively short.

Another game I found fun along the star wars(ish) line was Soul Calibre 4. Sure the inclusion of Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice was nothing but a blatant money grab in the form of name dropping, but they were incredibly fun to play and the game was fairly solid as fighters go. Not exactly in the realm of "single player" per se, but I figured it deserved the tip of a hat.

SC4 owner here too. I didn't think of it as a "Star Wars" game exactly as well.

Also I have the first Empire at War game. I guess Steam is selling both together or just the first one that I already own?

KoToR 1 and 2 were definitely fun in their day, don't get me wrong. I'm just incredibly spoiled by the new graphics and clearer monitors. It used to be that I'd play a game like Ultima on the console or PC even knowing the graphics were sub par compared to current releases. And I might still if that was the thing to do at the time. But that because those games tried specifically to do as much as they could with what little they had to work with.

KoToR doesn't work that way. They made it using top(ish) end tech for the day and it just seems light years behind now. At least this was the case for the first game. The second might fare better, but I haven't installed it (again) yet.

If you're gonna play TSL, please download the Restored Content Mod. Obsidian Entertainment rushed the sequel to KOTOR out and in doing so, cut a lot of material out of the final product. This is the effort of the TSL/KOTOR community to restore this content to the game and finishing the work. What you get is a worthy sequel to one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time.

Meh the graphics arent that bad actualy they rival swtor imo.

When playing KOTOR1/2 plz remember to set you resolution on max as well everything else.

You probably have them on 800/600 wich i think its the default if im not mistaken.

Edited by Spartanik