Lore

cash_ashsider

By lore do you mean canon?

If so then no but Disney won't touch it because they don't care. It doesn't affect anything they're doing. For this game's purposes though, yes, sadly.

Personally neither KotFE, KotET and the stuff after don't exist for any character but my first.

I was just wondering is KOTFE and KOTET were actually lore and how it all fits

This game is set 3600 years before the battle of Yavin, so Bioware can do pretty much anything they want, as long as it doesn't contradict the movies or animated series (blasting Alderaan wouldn't work).

It's different for the material (comics, books) that plays after the original trilogy. Han and Leia having twins directly contradicts The Force Awakens, but in the movie era it's completely irrelevant what happened thousands of years ago. It's ancient Legends.

Edited by Mubrak

By lore do you mean canon?

If so then no but Disney won't touch it because they don't care. It doesn't affect anything they're doing. For this game's purposes though, yes, sadly.

Personally neither KotFE, KotET and the stuff after don't exist for any character but my first.

Have you seen KotFE and KotET? Can't blame Disney, I wouldn't want that in canon either...

...but Disney won't touch it because they don't care.

You know that for a fact? You work there? Was there a public statement?

Why WOULD they care? It's set 4000 years before the other stuff happened. If they DID care they'd have chucked out KoTOR 3 by now. This game is NOT KoTOR 3.

Nice to see you again Vercundus btw, this place has lacked a police presence.

SAUCE, SAUCE, SAUCE gimme SAUCE is not applicable to this conversation either. It was clearly an opinion and I really grow tired of having to explicitly state it's an opinion due to a lack of reading comprehension on the boards.

Why WOULD they care? It's set 4000 years before the other stuff happened. If they DID care they'd have chucked out KoTOR 3 by now. This game is NOT KoTOR 3.

Nice to see you again Vercundus btw, this place has lacked a police presence.

SAUCE, SAUCE, SAUCE gimme SAUCE is not applicable to this conversation either. It was clearly an opinion and I really grow tired of having to explicitly state it's an opinion due to a lack of reading comprehension on the boards.

OK, lets do some fact checks first please. Lucas himself stated that only Movies and The Clone Wars were canon. Before Disney acquisition there was a licensing program that allowed other creators to use Star Wars trademark. Over time this lead to creation of Expanded Universe.

Now, Disney comes in and RENAMES Expanded Universe into Legends and people go crazy. Yes, some stories that were good now contradict new trilogy. But so many stories that were ridiculous are no longer part of the same timeline.

People seem to have problem of enjoying or not enjoying something if it is canon or not. The fact that TOR era is long before movies has nothing to do with Lucasfilm interest in developing something new in that era. Right now, nothing of the new content contradicts TOR so people should not make conclusions on their intentions based on zero evidence.

Bottom line - do not jump to conclusions based on how you feel on the subject where you have control, experience or knowledge.

Also, what police presence? I'm not moderator here...

Edited by Vercundus