Too many heroic quests

What the title says. I don't hate heroic quests, in fact I've find it quite fun doing all these group quests while leveling up! What I do hate however is spamming general chat, scouting /who and being forced to either leave them or abandon them when I have no luck finding anyone. This problem will be even worse when everyone's mains hit 50 and the leveling craze is over.

What are the solutions?

- Remove or drastically cut down the amount of Heroic 4 quests and make them Heroic 2 instead.

- Toggable difficulty setting for certain quests, letting you choose between soloing or doing it as a group. The group difficulty could have added rewards on top of social points to encourage people.

- Cross-server grouping for heroic quests. I know, never going to happen but it does work. Leveling up dungeons in WoW were mostly dead until LFD came along.

Please, no. I like the relatively few 4-man heroics a lot.

This is definitely a case of "if you don't like them, don't do them." Don't ask to have content taken away from other players just because you don't personally appreciate it.

What the title says. I don't hate heroic quests, in fact I've find it quite fun doing all these group quests while leveling up! What I do hate however is spamming general chat, scouting /who and being forced to either leave them or abandon them when I have no luck finding anyone. This problem will be even worse when everyone's mains hit 50 and the leveling craze is over.

What are the solutions?

- Remove or drastically cut down the amount of Heroic 4 quests and make them Heroic 2 instead.

- Toggable difficulty setting for certain quests, letting you choose between soloing or doing it as a group. The group difficulty could have added rewards on top of social points to encourage people.

- Cross-server grouping for heroic quests. I know, never going to happen but it does work. Leveling up dungeons in WoW were mostly dead until LFD came along.

You can do Heroic 4 with 2 man + 2 companion (well, when you are over level but then, you will be over level most of the time if you did all the heroic, mission and bonus mission and bonus series)

I don't know. I see them as an alternative way to level if you want to save some of the world-quests for another character.

I'm considering doing that.

Plus, they teach you about grouping, and how your class fits into a group.

Edited by JarenVestrit

your asking bioware to get rid of content? wow this game is a lose-lose for bioware. it seems every thing they do comes with complaints. EVERYTHING

some people just cant be happy

its the net you could make this game super epic no bugs every thing just perfect and some 1 would complain about the game being to good or some lame excuse lol

just comes with the turf

but i would like to see more normal quest or in a heroic zone let you summon another companion lol

Please, no. I like the relatively few 4-man heroics a lot.

This is definitely a case of "if you don't like them, don't do them." Don't ask to have content taken away from other players just because you don't personally appreciate it.

I think you missed my point. I want to do these heroic quests but finding groups for some Heroic 4's, such as the one in the Alderaan bonus series, is near impossible and even if you do find a group you've likely wasted an extremely long time looking for people. I realize some people such as yourself would prefer to keep things the way they are now which is why I posted compromises, rather than just saying "GET RID OF THEM I DONT LIKE".

I'm not trying to take content away from other players, my second suggestion in fact lets everyone experience the content in whichever way they want. What's wrong with that?

your asking bioware to get rid of content? wow this game is a lose-lose for bioware. it seems every thing they do comes with complaints. EVERYTHING

some people just cant be happy

I don't remember asking Bioware to remove content? I also don't see the problem with complaining, I like a lot of things about TOR but I'd rather give feedback and make this game better than tell Bioware that they're perfect.

Edited by Kazanth

the only time that i find that it's too much is when i couldn't find anyone else to grp with to do heroic +4 , right now i have like 6 - 8 heroic +4 mission rotting there, not that i don't want to do but i couldn't find anyone, not to mention i'm at a different time zone

Don't like Heroics? Don't do them. There's PLENTY content to go from 1-50 while ignoring heroics and never looking back.

You can't be seriously suggesting for Bioware to tailor the whole game to your soloer tastes ignoring completely those that like a different playstyle, when the content dedicated to yours is already the vast majority.

I'm not trying to take content away from other players, my second suggestion in fact lets everyone experience the content in whichever way they want. What's wrong with that?

Just that it would totally trivialize the content. Why get a four-man group together if you can do it with two?

Some content comes with prerequisites. For normal quests, there's a minimum level. For four-mans, you need a group to do them at-level (though I've found they're doable in most cases with a two-man group already -- my gaming buddy and I have done every one up through Alderaan as a duo, though I've done most of them in four-man groups on other characters).

And they can be skipped if you don't like that level of difficulty. What you're asking for is that these heroics be gimped so that you don't have to meet the prerequisites. I don't think they need to be gimped at all, and that you're essentially asking for content other people enjoy to be butchered because you don't like that particular playstyle. Well, there's a ton of content out there that does cater to your playstyle. Don't destroy mine because you're not willing to meet the requirements to do it, or can't hande the difficulty. Just drop them and move on. Wait until you're higher level and solo them. Or, maybe even better, try something different for a change and go do them with a group.

Edited by imtrick

It doesn't get any better as you hit the level cap. In fact, some of the daily quests to farm commendations are heroic 4, which means if you play at odd hours of the day you're pretty much screwed.

I don't mind group content.. on the contrary, it's great and I enjoy doing it, but when you're farming dailies sometimes you just want to lay low, chill out, and kill some crap mindlessly. Strictly group only content should be Flashpoints, Battlegrounds, and Operations.

I've done a few on my own...certainly a challenge but doable.

I'm not about doing away with content. I think this argument has more to do with the OP being a single player style gamer.

I'm an rpg man myself but this game is an mmo. They tried to balance it and I think instead of making the diehard rpgers happy and the diehard mmoers happy they kind of just left both groups wanting more.

I don't think the game leans one way or the other...I think it kind of lacks in both directions. That isn't to say it is a bad game and that I don't see great potential. Its just not great yet.

Theres some planning to it.

Even if I most of the time get a group within 10-20 minutes I start asking for a group at once. If it takes alot of time I keep asking while going at my normal questing. No standing around doing nothing.

The bonus 4s on Nar Shadda and Alderaan are tougher since alot of people seem to skip those lines flat-out.

Edited by AlistairC

Just that it would totally trivialize the content. Why get a four-man group together if you can do it with two?

Some content comes with prerequisites. For normal quests, there's a minimum level. For four-mans, you need a group to do them at-level (though I've found they're doable in most cases with a two-man group already -- my gaming buddy and I have done every one up through Alderaan as a duo, though I've done most of them in four-man groups on other characters).

And they can be skipped if you don't like that level of difficulty. What you're asking for is that these heroics be gimped so that you don't have to meet the prerequisites. I don't think they need to be gimped at all, and that you're essentially asking for content other people enjoy to be butchered because you don't like that particular playstyle. Well, there's a ton of content out there that does cater to your playstyle. Don't destroy mine because you're not willing to meet the requirements to do it, or can't hande the difficulty. Just drop them and move on. Or, maybe even better, try something different for a change and go do them with a group.

Just wow at that last sentence. How many times do I have to repeat myself? I've tried to do every single group quest and I actually do enjoy them when I find a group for them, which is like 90% of the time. The other 10% (like with bonus series heroic 4's) finding a group is almost impossible. Please stop trying to paint me as a casual/solo player trying to strip content away from hardcore players, it's childish and it's certainly not necessary. You also have not answered what's wrong with my second suggestion unsurprisingly.

Edited by Kazanth

Cant say that i agree with the OP. This is an MMO. The game already takes considerable care to make sure it is solo friendly, without the heroic quests there would be almost no advantage or incentive to group up with friends, or even meet new friends in the community.

I do like the idea of having a toggle between 2 and 4 man heroic difficulty. I think that that would be a fair compromise.

I have yet to encounter anything I couldn't solo eventually. I may have to level up a bit but I haven't needed anyones help yet.

hmmm are u sure? i think some quest require 2 players to be at different place to active the coms at the same time

Agreed to OP.

When the leveling waves are settled down and most people hits 50 to run end-game contents, there will be no ppl to run the group quests with. Simply ignoring those quests would be a way but why open this thread if that's considered a solution.

My best bet is, the 2 mens needs to be toned down to be solo and 4 mens needs to be 2 men in a few months.

The first rule of MMOs is that anything the developer does is guaranteed to make people mad. Then they all show up on the forums and complain.

This is why you can't go by forums as a true barometer of overall player opinion. There is a huge amount of self-selection going on.

Edited by Stillnotking