Exploiting

bsbrad

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that there is a growing amount of people that are using exploits (lag hacking, /stucking and speed hacks) to get an advantage in PVP. This is especially prevalent when facing certain guilds.

I would appreciate if the guild leaders (especially from the more established PVP guilds) would try to inform their members that using these exploits is taking the fun out of PVP and putting of new PVPers

Thank you for listening.....

Edited by bsbrad

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that there is a growing amount of people that are using exploits (lag hacking, /stucking and speed hacks) to get an advantage in PVP. This is especially prevalent when facing certain guilds.

I would appreciate if the guild leaders (especially from the more established PVP guilds) would try to inform their members that using these exploits is taking the fun out of PVP and putting of new PVPers

Thank you for listening.....

There are no speed hacks/lag hacks. Sorry. :/

Two things to say about this:

1) In my experience as guildmaster/ranked leader, most accusations of hacks/exploits are a combination of obscure skills/talents and lag. However, see my next point.

2) Ascension has a very strict policy on warzone exploits and hacks. If you notice certain players who have a history of weird things happening around them, please take a video or screenshots (though screenshots do not capture as much) and submit it to http://ascensionbc.enjin.com/contact so the leadership can deal with the issue. We have policy in place for dealing with these issues and strive to be a well-standing group of individuals on the server, so just let us know.

I am pretty sure that other guilds have similar standards / policies, so if you notice weird things, I would directly contact the leaders of the guilds in which you are seeing this. Deal with specific events/people with evidence and you should see a positive response.

There are no speed hacks/lag hacks. Sorry. :/

i LoL'ed

~Edit~

More on topic. I have noticed a lot of weird stuff going on lately. But, I tend not to judge some of the tracking in the game cause it's pretty terrible. But, I have noticed the moving slightly faster then other people, using force cloak twice within a 30 second period. My favorite I noticed just yesterday, the double intercede. I seen one person in huttball (I wish my fraps was running) but yeah within 5s of each other, kinda irritating. Never the less, I report and say "C'est le vie" and let it be.

Also, If you see a member of revenge do anything please let me know.

Edited by hulcalan

First, as for hacks....

The nonsense about people using hacks to affect OTHER peoples' connection to the server is just that, nonsense, but lag hacks as such are very much real. Specifically, you can use a client-side network manager to modulate your ping-times in order to induce behavior that looks identical to normal lag, e.g., appearing in one spot, disappearing, and showing up somewhere else five seconds later.

IMO, artificially-induced behavior like that is almost impossible to separate from just plain old natural lag -- which is why, even when other people are crying wolf, and I've witnessed the same exact behavior they're describing, I bite my tongue -- there's just no way to tell which is which. I do *feel* that I've seen some strange things happen since I started leveling an alt, in the past week; but feelings are just that, feelings, and only a certain, very flawed sort of person bases their judgments on them. Especially in the context of accusing someone of lacking integrity. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time living life from one side of a computer monitor, but, in the real world as I know it, attacking someone else's integrity, with no real evidence to back up your claim, results in getting your teeth punched down your throat.

As for 50s... well, I haven't done warzones at that level since I started with my alt. Prior to that, I've never seen anything that struck me as particularly out of the ordinary, and have yet to see any evidence in support of the notion that hacks are at all prevalent on our server (I say this as someone with a 96 / 84 / 72 / and 51 toons... so I'm no stranger to 50 pvp). I'm well-aware that it's happened on other servers, and been a problem... I just haven't seen it on our server.

Second... exploits are a different matter.

When I think exploits, I think of things like corner-capping, /stuck'ing, and all of the other shady things that arise in our game, from time to time, when imperfectly tested patches are implemented. I've seen people use these, I see people use these, and I expect that they'll always be present, because there's no formal way of dealing with such things. It just is what it is.

To be fair, I haven't noticed any hacking. Then again, my play time is limited to night time.

One thing I want to touch base on though, are the many issues in the game.

If you look at the most recently Huttball video I posted, three weird things happen, all the fault of Bioware. When Scyn leaps to Naveuhs, he disappears for me. It isn't a hack, just my game, screwing up. Also, there is one point where Naveuhs intercedes to me and I thought it would be a goal, but I thought he had been pulled back down to the pit. He then suddenly appears for the goal. Again, not a hack, just a a glitch. Third, in that match, there is one point where I run past the ball spawn and you can see people who aren't even in the match. Something Bioware did must have screwed up the servers, but we were all commenting about the lag for about a minute after that.

My two least favorite glitches in this game are when I use my sprint and I sprint and then go back to my starting point and then sprint and then go back, and then sprint. I wonder what it looks like to others, if they just see one solid sprint, but otherwise, it's annoying. The other one is in Huttball, and someone leaps and you can't tell where they are because they are bugging out. Also, the dead person bug: makes targeting annoying. Or the bug where people remain invisible. Or the super annoying permanent stun bug. Or in ancient Hypergates the MANY terrain deaths.

Okay, apparently I had more than two. I think a lot of people jump to hacks when a lot of it could be explained by the plethora of bugs in this game. Or worse, the classes own abilities. If you believe something is a legitimate hack, screen shot and talk to the GM of the guild. Better yet, report it.

Tl:dr this game is really buggy.

So here's my query. Tank stance jugg/guardian moves from the edge of the highest catwalk to the edge of the end zone area (or another time from the pit), without a leap animation? I thought it strange I would see it twice with no animation (I know people can intercede to stealthies). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to leave the high catwalk to get in range of the end zone area? The first time it happened I figured it was lag related and brushed it off, the second makes me wonder though. The sent/mara jump 3/4 of the way across the pit on the other hand....

Also, I once saw a very large twilek "trying" to use the corner cap in NC. It was pretty awesome.

Thank you all for your posts and to those that don't believe there are exploits, I have been in enough WZs playing virtually all the classes to know the difference between class skills and exploits.

Maybe Jaadis is correct about it being caused by the buggy engine, but when I see my server connection at around 30ms and I see the same people bouncing around the screen either people are using exploits (I will refrain from calling them hacks from now) or the bugs are only prevalent around certain players.

I will not call people out as frankly I don't want a ban, I just would like people to play the game with a little more integrity but I suppose in a competitive environment like PVP people will use anything at their disposal to gain an advantage (i.e. the /stuck exploit)

I would say I have noticed the speed exploit ;) appears to be less frequent on this server nowadays, and for those who don't believe there is one we as a guild kicked a player from our guild for using it and his account got subsequently banned by Bioware due to this.

You guys should play on my crap computer

I swear it looks like everyone hacks due to lag

Sometimes it'll show myself being thrown into the pit, then go back, and get thrown off again.

Bioware just codes this game terribly and it's optimization is hideous

Maybe Jaadis is correct about it being caused by the buggy engine, but when I see my server connection at around 30ms and I see the same people bouncing around the screen either people are using exploits (I will refrain from calling them hacks from now) or the bugs are only prevalent around certain players..

You realize you're not the only person in the game, right? Lats night my lag was bouncing between 90ms and 300ms, with spikes in the thousands. I don't know if it looks like I'm bouncing around when I get lag-freezes or not -- I'm not supermobile anyway -- but I would not be surprised. Lag would primarily effect certain players, with inferior connections.

TLDR: PITY ME, FOR I SUFFER.

So here's my query. Tank stance jugg/guardian moves from the edge of the highest catwalk to the edge of the end zone area (or another time from the pit), without a leap animation? I thought it strange I would see it twice with no animation (I know people can intercede to stealthies). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to leave the high catwalk to get in range of the end zone area? The first time it happened I figured it was lag related and brushed it off, the second makes me wonder though. The sent/mara jump 3/4 of the way across the pit on the other hand....

Also, I once saw a very large twilek "trying" to use the corner cap in NC. It was pretty awesome.

What you do is walk of the ledge while walking forward, that brings you into the 30m range while you're falling.

The sent/mara jump 3/4 of the way across the pit on the other hand....

if you're talking about jumping from the first platform (middle lower one with two fire pits to the sides) over the pit into the end zone area.... all it takes is an enemy fairly close to the edge and a lil speed :cool:

Mel, he never actually jumped/ran off the edge of the catwalk (I've made that jump a number of times to close the gap). They were standing on the catwalk, then down by the end zone. The more suspicious part to me is that there was no animation for intercede. The first time I thought it was just a bug or lag that cut the animation and even defended it to my team calling it as hack because I know the game glitches. The fact that the same thing, no animation, no visible target, different location, happened later in the match is what seemed very suspicious to me.

Fek, it was a sent/mara down in the pit itself making the leap up to the end zone area . And they covered 3/4 of the pit (I honestly can't remember if there was an actual target). In my experience, you need to be at least half way across the pit to be in range of the ledge.

To be fair, I haven't noticed any hacking. Then again, my play time is limited to night time.

One thing I want to touch base on though, are the many issues in the game.

If you look at the most recently Huttball video I posted, three weird things happen, all the fault of Bioware. When Scyn leaps to Naveuhs, he disappears for me. It isn't a hack, just my game, screwing up. Also, there is one point where Naveuhs intercedes to me and I thought it would be a goal, but I thought he had been pulled back down to the pit. He then suddenly appears for the goal. Again, not a hack, just a a glitch. Third, in that match, there is one point where I run past the ball spawn and you can see people who aren't even in the match. Something Bioware did must have screwed up the servers, but we were all commenting about the lag for about a minute after that.

My two least favorite glitches in this game are when I use my sprint and I sprint and then go back to my starting point and then sprint and then go back, and then sprint. I wonder what it looks like to others, if they just see one solid sprint, but otherwise, it's annoying. The other one is in Huttball, and someone leaps and you can't tell where they are because they are bugging out. Also, the dead person bug: makes targeting annoying. Or the bug where people remain invisible. Or the super annoying permanent stun bug. Or in ancient Hypergates the MANY terrain deaths.

Okay, apparently I had more than two. I think a lot of people jump to hacks when a lot of it could be explained by the plethora of bugs in this game. Or worse, the classes own abilities. If you believe something is a legitimate hack, screen shot and talk to the GM of the guild. Better yet, report it.

Tl:dr this game is really buggy.

Basically this. The amount of accusations compared to real hacking being performed is a near infinite space. Bugs and weirdness due to game performance are everywhere(plz fixx bw!.) Reporting hacks to Bioware is going to be your best plan. If you call someone out and you're wrong, you just made yourself look bad. Bioware has better methods of determining hacks than I or any other guild. Most of all, Bioware will ban them if they agree, and save you from being a !@#$ if you happened to be wrong.

Just because you guys don't see hacking, doesn't mean it does not exist on the server. Unless you play 24/7, you have no right to scold people for reporting suspicious behavior. Just last night I saw a player teleport. How do I know it was teleporting? Well because i've seen videos of it and I'm pretty sure there's no ability that can move a player from one door of the VS to another in a second. Do I report it? No, Bioware's not going to do anything about it. But does that mean it didn't happen just because you didn't see it? Absolutely not.

I would say something about this... but the last time i came to court with proof of the people admitting to doing the exploit and accussing others of using it (all in screenshots that I posted here on the forums) I got punished for it.

I think BW prefers that you submit such info (including screenshots) in support tickets.

Mel, he never actually jumped/ran off the edge of the catwalk (I've made that jump a number of times to close the gap). They were standing on the catwalk, then down by the end zone. The more suspicious part to me is that there was no animation for intercede. The first time I thought it was just a bug or lag that cut the animation and even defended it to my team calling it as hack because I know the game glitches. The fact that the same thing, no animation, no visible target, different location, happened later in the match is what seemed very suspicious to me.

Fek, it was a sent/mara down in the pit itself making the leap up to the end zone area . And they covered 3/4 of the pit (I honestly can't remember if there was an actual target). In my experience, you need to be at least half way across the pit to be in range of the ledge.

If this was the match I'm thinking of, then I was there too and it certainly didn't appear to be an intercede. There was no animation, no character or ball indicator travel, no jerky movement that typically happens when it's a lag issue (I don't know how many times I couldn't target a character 'wobbling' back and forth only to see them appear in a different location)... he was just on the ramp and then he was in the endzone. I tend to believe that 99% of the time this is just the game engine compensating for lag but I'd never be ignorant enough to believe there aren't any cheaters out there.

If this was the match I'm thinking of, then I was there too and it certainly didn't appear to be an intercede. There was no animation, no character or ball indicator travel, no jerky movement that typically happens when it's a lag issue (I don't know how many times I couldn't target a character 'wobbling' back and forth only to see them appear in a different location)... he was just on the ramp and then he was in the endzone. I tend to believe that 99% of the time this is just the game engine compensating for lag but I'd never be ignorant enough to believe there aren't any cheaters out there.

Yeah Ard, it's the match you're thinking of.

You guys should play on my crap computer

I swear it looks like everyone hacks due to lag

Sometimes it'll show myself being thrown into the pit, then go back, and get thrown off again.

Bioware just codes this game terribly and it's optimization is hideous

Honestly guys... I have one of the worst computers in the world for this game, right up their with urd... The worst thing in this game is to see people skipping all over the map... but it seems to be only some people. Jaadis pretty much hit everything i wanted to talk about right on the head, but i would like to add on certain games (mostly under 50 pvp) I have had server lag with everyone in the match able to talk, but frozen

\

Has this happened to anyone else? If you notice, you can move to a different spot and when the lag subsides, you move to that spot and probably look like youre teleporting. I guarantee people can harness this type of lag and use it to their advantage.

The game has an issue and a lot of it is being that it takes your local side into account. Where you are locally, it seems, is where it puts you on the server. This can be manipulated as anything locally can be manipulated before sending it back to the server. I hope I'm wrong on this part... but due to the lowbie 50 pvp lag spikes and being on voice chat hearing my teammates doing the same things i was doing, is scary to me.

-Mythical Gfunk

P.S. Have you ever been thrown off into the pit, back up to the normal spot you were in... throw off the pit again and then BACK to the original spot ??? Does this mean you were supposed to be in the pit and now the game lagged so much you didn't fall?

Edited by OWENWILSON

For the bug where you Sage/Sorcs use force speed with the immunity to movement imparing effects talent and you rubber band back and forth this is due to Bioware making Force Leap actually hold it's target in place until the leaper lands due to QQ'ing by the warrior classes of trying to force leap to something from long distance and the target not being there when they land.....poor warriors they need a built in talent that helps them interupt and roots you in place because they need all the help they can get to kill us pesky light armor wearing folks.

But yes immunity to movement impairing effects ....last time i checked a root is a movement impairing(not movement reduction) effect so this is bug II've submitted a bug report and it has never been fixed but that's basically what it is. When you see a guy airborne coming towards you and you use your sprint to break and make you immune and the game says no your going to stay there until he lands which causes you to rubber band back in place 2-3 times and waste a cooldown.

You basically have to wait until they land and then use it or hope you do not have multiple leapers or you go no where and again waste a cooldown that should free you of the leap even spec'd with the 1.5 second root.

Dash do you know how many times I've force pushed you and you went flying across the screen... then I go to leap to you right after pushing you and I get this RED message telling me "Target is To Close" I look down and your laying at my feet. 0 meters away from me. You went flying absolutely no where. A critical flaw in my rotation that happened way too many times. I guess you gotta just deal with it.